Obama Will Lose In 2012

Two years is a long time. If the economy had not gone bad during the campaign I suspect McCain would be president. He was consistently gaining in the polls. Then the economy became a big issue and he was totally inept. Palin didn't help that.
So if we get $5/gal gas and 8-10% inflation on top of 9% unemployment it will be Jimmy Carter redux. Carter lost to Reagan in the face of a really bad economy and incompetence in foreign policy.
In that scenario Edwin Edwards could beat Obama, much less some of the great candidates we're seeing emerge now.

I actually agree with The Rabbi

In 2004, unemployment was below 6% and the economy was growing; nor did we have $1T+ deficits.

In 2004 many people were very dissatisfied with Bush as President. Many people believed that the economic appearance of the time was what it turned out to be, which was a temporarily inflated facade on an unstable machine. People recognized that the deficits of the time were in reality larger than the numbers being presented, because the cost of the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions were not being reflected. People were still remembering how Clinton left office with a budgetary surplus and were still quite irritated at how quickly that turned around. Many people felt sure that Bush style economics would only destroy our nation.

And yet, many of those people still voted for Bush, or they didn't bother voting against him. Why? Because Kerry was an idiot and a lousy candidate. Because people tend to feel more comfortable with the devil they know, versus the devil they don't know.

Clinton left Bush with a $5,000,000,000,000 deficit. As well, Clinton ran huge deficits that he very nearly covered up by borrowing from SS & other funds rather than entirely from the Chinese.

I will just say it here...and you can quote me..

Obama will win in 2012.

Will a righty say the opposite? Man up punks.

Two years is a long time. If the economy had not gone bad during the campaign I suspect McCain would be president. He was consistently gaining in the polls. Then the economy became a big issue and he was totally inept. Palin didn't help that.
So if we get $5/gal gas and 8-10% inflation on top of 9% unemployment it will be Jimmy Carter redux. Carter lost to Reagan in the face of a really bad economy and incompetence in foreign policy.
In that scenario Edwin Edwards could beat Obama, much less some of the great candidates we're seeing emerge now.

I actually agree with The Rabbi

Edwin Edwards?

"The only way I can lose is to be caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl."

One crazy Coonass.

And NOTE they cannot help themselves bringing up Bush. These people need to understand that WE understand and have pegged Bush as never meeting a domestic spending program he didn't like.

Obama and the Statists has almost tripled debt as Government employees are double the private sector...and the Public ones are squeezing the private sector dry as they scream for more of the same.

Funny, you were a Bush cheerleader when he was in power.

these same people like the drunk will say in one breath that Bush was no conservative, And yet in the next defend Every single policy Bush put out there.

I remember the threads and posts from another place. They where stepping in line to vote for McCain as well.

Can you cite a post that defended every policy Bush put out there?
No, of course not. You're making shit up. Again.

Most conservatives were very unhappy with McCain, termed the ultimate RINO. But he beat the alternative. Actually I was glad in some ways Obama won. I thought at the time that a Democratic president and Congress would reveal how completely incapable the Dems are at governing. In that light voters would repudiate them and the Democratic Party would fade to obscurity at last. How right I've been so far.

Funny, you were a Bush cheerleader when he was in power.

these same people like the drunk will say in one breath that Bush was no conservative, And yet in the next defend Every single policy Bush put out there.

I remember the threads and posts from another place. They where stepping in line to vote for McCain as well.

Most conservatives were very unhappy with McCain, termed the ultimate RINO. But he beat the alternative. Actually I was glad in some ways Obama won. I thought at the time that a Democratic president and Congress would reveal how completely incapable the Dems are at governing. In that light voters would repudiate them and the Democratic Party would fade to obscurity at last. How right I've been so far.

No doubt had Bush not been, well, Bush.... Obama would have never won.

He will not win again. He's lost the moderates and the far left whackaloons are pissed that he hasn't actually gone Stalin on us. All that's left are the dummies that can't admit to what an abject failure he really is because they're 100% emotionally invested in the man.

Recently I've read, that Obama should give Peace-Prize back and take Hollywood Oscar instead.
From outside perspective it doesn't really matter who runs USA, and independent from who runs USA I don't think, that it will get better for USA.

Oh, okay, hey, that's cool. Now, let's actually get to the subject at hand, which is whether Obama will be reelected in 2012, and how the public is likely to respond given the set of circumstances. When making such predictions, comparing similar circumstances that face the country today, with how those circumstances played out in past times, is an entirely relevant part of the discussion. This isn't a "Let's talk about how much we hate Obama" thread. This is a thread discussing the political landscape of the country today.

The post doesn't deal with reality in the slightest. Federal employment is going down. But all of a sudden..bang..someone noticed that the government employs ALOT of people. Yeah. Really. It does. It's been that way for quite some time. NOW IT'S AN ISSUE. Why?

Dunno.

Same with the debt and deficit. Since getting elected..the Bush administration cut taxes, put up big social programs (meant..by the way to make rich people far richer) and started two wars. And the kicker was all his defunding of regulatory agencies meant that the financial sector went hog wild with risky behavior..which mandated a bailout..which added an enormous amount to the debt/deficit and was the harbinger of a massive layoff in January. Suddenly..that became Obama's fault before his ass hit the seat.

Why?

It's simple..these people do not deal with reality in the slightest.
someone on another board asked what one could do to change their minds.
I didnt have an answer beyond forcing change on them.
I still dont have an answer for how to deal with people like the drunk. They dont listen, they use their own realities and circle jerk with each other.

You just described yourself and your pals on the left. In the Left's mind Bush's tax cuts accomplished nothing other than juice the deficit. He cut regulatory agencies so there was no supervision over banks at all. He passed laws allowing millions of wealthy people to get really really rich. And he started two wars for no reason at all.
All of that is simply false. Anyone who believes that mess needs to be medicated.

i was talking about a different forum.One swallow i believe was apart of.

Bold part: Like i said, You where getting in line to vote for McCain. I saw these same excuses all the time.

Its the same speech that i have heard over and over again from people like you.

Sorry pal.. some of us knew what an empty suit Obama was. As much as I really don't like McCain, he was far better than the Junior Senator form Illinois with a record of "Present"

Clinton left Bush with a $5,000,000,000,000 deficit. As well, Clinton ran huge deficits that he very nearly covered up by borrowing from SS & other funds rather than entirely from the Chinese.

You should run this in the news, since you're apparently the only person on earth privy to this information.

No doubt had Bush not been, well, Bush.... Obama would have never won.

He will not win again. He's lost the moderates and the far left whackaloons are pissed that he hasn't actually gone Stalin on us. All that's left are the dummies that can't admit to what an abject failure he really is because they're 100% emotionally invested in the man.

you just repeated what the OP posted. Like i said, circle jerk.

And you just repeated every post you've had here.... what the hell did your parents do to you?

You should run this in the news, since you're apparently the only person on earth privy to this information.

Hardly.... it's a matter of public record that Clinton NEVER ran a surplus.

Try Goggling something other than "Clinton was awesome".

In 2004, unemployment was below 6% and the economy was growing; nor did we have $1T+ deficits.

You in?

We can do siglines.

I'm in. I hope he fails. How's that.

And just like ol rushbo...you will be proven wrong. He hasn't failed yet and will continue down this wining path he set for the last two years.

It has to suck being a republican at this point knowing he will be in office for SIX MORE FUCKING YEARS.

Oh and god bless.

I still dont have an answer for how to deal with people like the drunk. They dont listen, they use their own realities and circle jerk with each other.

You just described yourself and your pals on the left. In the Left's mind Bush's tax cuts accomplished nothing other than juice the deficit. He cut regulatory agencies so there was no supervision over banks at all. He passed laws allowing millions of wealthy people to get really really rich. And he started two wars for no reason at all.
All of that is simply false. Anyone who believes that mess needs to be medicated.

but he did defund regulations over the banking. He put in place people who would change the rules. Obama has done nothing different. Clinton did the same as well. Its been going on since Reagan that we have been deregulating agencies.

no he started two wars for certain reasons. Afghan was in response to 9/11 and Iraq was over, well money. ( my opinion)

Well we have evidence that the tax cuts increased the debt. You cant cut taxes, and continue to spend the way Bush did.You cant expand government with less money and not expect the debt to rise. you cant fund two wars on borrowed money.

You can try to peg me all day long, But you dont know shit about my opinions.

What regulations over banking did he defund? I want a specific here.

but he did defund regulations over the banking. He put in place people who would change the rules. Obama has done nothing different. Clinton did the same as well. Its been going on since Reagan that we have been deregulating agencies.

no he started two wars for certain reasons. Afghan was in response to 9/11 and Iraq was over, well money. ( my opinion)

Well we have evidence that the tax cuts increased the debt. You cant cut taxes, and continue to spend the way Bush did.You cant expand government with less money and not expect the debt to rise. you cant fund two wars on borrowed money.

You can try to peg me all day long, But you dont know shit about my opinions.

And your opinions are just that... opinions. And they demonstrate you don't know shit.

:lol:

Forum List

Back