Obama Will Lose In 2012

Which probably means you are not quite convinced.

Next?

Who's in.:lol:

No, I just don't allow creepy little bullies to manipulate me into doing things in which I feel no inclination to participate.

I'll grant you the bully part. I bully people who start shit.

But I am far from "little".

Moving furniture for 11 years did wonders. As well as time spent at the gym.

And I am not "bullying" you. If you are so convinced..put your sigline where your posting area is..:lol:

The indications are you are overcompensating for a Short Cumming.

I am not going to change my sig just because you nag me about it.

No, I just don't allow creepy little bullies to manipulate me into doing things in which I feel no inclination to participate.

And I am not "bullying" you. If you are so convinced..put your sigline where your posting area is..:lol:

The indications are you are overcompensating for a Short Cumming.

I am not going to change my sig just because you nag me about it.

Which basically means you don't believe the shit you put up.

Thanks for playing.

Done here.

In 2004, unemployment was below 6% and the economy was growing; nor did we have $1T+ deficits.

America, four years ago when we took office our economy was spiraling out of control and losing hundreds of thousands of jobs every month. Today, we are gaining jobs every month. Thanks to bipartisan efforts in Congress our budget deficit left by the previous administration has been reduced each of the last two years. We are finally on the right track after our nation suffered it's worst financial crisis since the Great Depression just four short years ago.

In 2004, unemployment was below 6% and the economy was growing; nor did we have $1T+ deficits.

America, four years ago when we took office our economy was spiraling out of control and losing hundreds of thousands of jobs every month. Today, we are gaining jobs every month. Thanks to bipartisan efforts in Congress our budget deficit left by the previous administration has been reduced each of the last two years. We are finally on the right track after our nation suffered it's worst financial crisis since the Great Depression just four short years ago.

Don't bother.

Reality doesn't matter to these folks.

You say Clinton came in with a surplus..using the same scoring done for decades, they will find numbers to dispute that..until they need to same method to show their guy is doing well.

You say unemployment is going down..they will point out the fact that the scoring method doesn't take into accounting people not going on unemployment..completely forgetting that the same thing REALLY happened during the Bush admininstration.

You say that polls indicate that people really wanted something to be done with health care..they will point out that people are unhappy with the legislation that came out and completely discount that a good number of people in those "unhappy" columns wanted single payer.

They don't deal with reality.

I'm not defending Bush' Big Government policies, but the circumstances are different. The Obama Economy is So Bad that many people who were rather apolitical now care about government malfeasance.

Unless there is some miraculous economic recovery in the next few months (highly unlikely), the continuing high unemployment combined with inflation (the Misery Index) will significantly damage Obama's reelection chances.

And NOTE they cannot help themselves bringing up Bush. These people need to understand that WE understand and have pegged Bush as never meeting a domestic spending program he didn't like.

Obama and the Statists has almost tripled debt as Government employees are double the private sector...and the Public ones are squeezing the private sector dry as they scream for more of the same.

He's a statist con artist puppet...or a Magic Suit without a President.

YouTube - Andrew Klavan: Barack the Magic Suit, A Political Fairy Tale.

And then--and then---the day came on November 2nd, 2010, when a midterm election was held and the good folks of Imagination Land, were saved for the long haul by a large population of sound economic thinkers, who knew that the great printer in the sky, could not continue printing money and soon, Utopia would fold into itself and die, and these new and loyal constitutional believers began it's slow economic and progressive reversal back to Reality Land, and within years, all citizens were happy and working and looked forward to a future of freedom and liberty for themselves and their heirs and the shelves at the local food stores were bare of Kool-Aid in all of it's pretty and glorious flavors. The End.

I'm not defending Bush' Big Government policies, but the circumstances are different. The Obama Economy is So Bad that many people who were rather apolitical now care about government malfeasance.

Unless there is some miraculous economic recovery in the next few months (highly unlikely), the continuing high unemployment combined with inflation (the Misery Index) will significantly damage Obama's reelection chances.

Nor am I defending Obama's policies. Merely pointing out that the circumstances are not so different, really. The Bush economy was "so bad" that many people became interested or involved when they otherwise had not been before. But what also happened then, what has also happened now, is that many people have also become disenfranchised and apathetic. Many people have decided that if even all the change and hope that Obama was supposed to offer is not enough, then what difference does anything make? You're just suffering from confirmation bias.

And NOTE they cannot help themselves bringing up Bush. These people need to understand that WE understand and have pegged Bush as never meeting a domestic spending program he didn't like.

Obama and the Statists has almost tripled debt as Government employees are double the private sector...and the Public ones are squeezing the private sector dry as they scream for more of the same.

Oh, okay, hey, that's cool. Now, let's actually get to the subject at hand, which is whether Obama will be reelected in 2012, and how the public is likely to respond given the set of circumstances. When making such predictions, comparing similar circumstances that face the country today, with how those circumstances played out in past times, is an entirely relevant part of the discussion. This isn't a "Let's talk about how much we hate Obama" thread. This is a thread discussing the political landscape of the country today.

Funny, you were a Bush cheerleader when he was in power.

Love it...

Who ya got that is capable of beating Obama?

GOP has the worst group of potential candidates in a generation. They will consume themselves in the primaries as the Tea Party shoots each one down

Obama is the only grown up in a room full of children

Which probably means you are not quite convinced.

Next?

Who's in.:lol:

oh for god sakes.....:lol:

Love it...

GOP has the worst group of potential candidates in a generation. They will consume themselves in the primaries as the Tea Party shoots each one down

to bad that room is in an asylum of which he is the oldest certified member.

Last edited:
A guest post from Zerohedge which is a pretty good summation of how Big Government Cronyism is destroying America, and why Obama's support of it will cause him to lose in 2012 (we can only hope).

...This is mindless Keynesian policy on auto-pilot. As I have reported before, the Federal Government is borrowing and spending some $6 trillion in a mere four years, almost doubling the nation's debt, and all that's been accomplished is the Power Elites' share of the national income has risen and GDP has flatlined.

The structural dislocations and imbalances remain firmly in place; a financial sector dependent on fraud has been "saved," and an economy sick with an addiction to rampant financialization has been given plenty of smack to keep it from going through a desperately needed withdrawal.

The Keynesians have no answer as to when the economy will "recover" without the Central State borrowing 11% of GDP every year to prop up its various cartels and fiefdoms. They have no answer because they have no understanding of the imbalances, the fraud, the financialization or of the feudal partnership of the State and crony-capitalist cartels.

Obama has lost his "progressive" base, because he's done nothing remotely progressive. He has lost the middle because his Administration has overseen their gradual impoverishment at the hands of Financial Power Elites. He has offered them phony facsimiles of reform slicked down with the tiresome "soaring rhetoric" of a con artist so besotted with his own story that he actually believes the BS himself.

He can count on the public-union vote and a few of the State fiefdoms he's enriched and enlarged at the expense of the common good, but as the addict (the economy) goes downhill, slowly destroyed by the ever-larger doses of smack administered by the Fed and the Central State, then the consent of the governed will be irrevocably lost--not just by President Obama, but by the entire Status Quo.

The President is now a candidate hoping to scoop up a cool $1 billion to blow on another long, greasy media blitz, but I would be surprised if he rakes in much from the commoners and serfs straining to keep the wheels of their household finances turning. He will of course collect big bucks from various crony-cartels and contractors who have benefited from his bogus "reforms" and unstinting support of the banking sector, but his true-believer supporters will be thinned down to a few Elites, die-hard Democratic hacks and the delusional by mid-2012.

His opponents may fare little better unless they are willing to tackle the dominance of crony cartels, government fiefdoms and Financial Power Elites whose fat fingers remain firmly on the throat of the fast-expiring nation.

Guest Post: Obama Will Lose In 2012 | zero hedge
I see nothing in this post that will persuade voters. Most votes don't care about Keynesian economics, have little interest in the national debt, and could care less about what goes on in Washington. Voters are interested in jobs and the costs of making ends meet. If gas prices are $8 a gallon or unemployment stops improving, Obama will have a hard time getting re-elected. Most voters are interested in what effects them directly, not Washington B.S. If you haven't noticed, Americans have been having a pretty hard time just trying to keep their head above water.

If the Republicans focus on the important issues they will win.
If they get sidetracked with the non issues of abortion and gay marriage they will once again lose.
They did not get sidetracked in the mid terms.
They are getting sidetracked now.

Go burfers...go.

Obama will win without a doubt in 2012, just like he did in 2008.

God bless the president of the united states, Barrack H. Obama and god bless the United States of America.

Love it...

He proved that a couple days ago.

Love it...

to bad that room in in an asylum of which he is the oldest certified member.

That is not a name

Give us the GOP hotshot that Traj is all fired up about? It will say a lot about the GOP chances

Oh, okay, hey, that's cool. Now, let's actually get to the subject at hand, which is whether Obama will be reelected in 2012, and how the public is likely to respond given the set of circumstances. When making such predictions, comparing similar circumstances that face the country today, with how those circumstances played out in past times, is an entirely relevant part of the discussion. This isn't a "Let's talk about how much we hate Obama" thread. This is a thread discussing the political landscape of the country today.

The post doesn't deal with reality in the slightest. Federal employment is going down. But all of a sudden..bang..someone noticed that the government employs ALOT of people. Yeah. Really. It does. It's been that way for quite some time. NOW IT'S AN ISSUE. Why?

Dunno.

Same with the debt and deficit. Since getting elected..the Bush administration cut taxes, put up big social programs (meant..by the way to make rich people far richer) and started two wars. And the kicker was all his defunding of regulatory agencies meant that the financial sector went hog wild with risky behavior..which mandated a bailout..which added an enormous amount to the debt/deficit and was the harbinger of a massive layoff in January. Suddenly..that became Obama's fault before his ass hit the seat.

Why?

It's simple..these people do not deal with reality in the slightest.

"But mommy I want it!!!!"

"No Barack."

"BUT MOMMY!!!! I WANT IT!!!"

"Barack, mommy said no, money doesn't grow on trees."

"BUT....MOOOOOOMMMMMY!!!!"

"Barack Hussein Obama! Mommy said NO!"

Racist ass mommy.

That is so lame and stupid. Just like you!!!!

Two years is a long time. If the economy had not gone bad during the campaign I suspect McCain would be president. He was consistently gaining in the polls. Then the economy became a big issue and he was totally inept. Palin didn't help that.
So if we get $5/gal gas and 8-10% inflation on top of 9% unemployment it will be Jimmy Carter redux. Carter lost to Reagan in the face of a really bad economy and incompetence in foreign policy.
In that scenario Edwin Edwards could beat Obama, much less some of the great candidates we're seeing emerge now.

Forum List

Back