Obama Will Act on Climate Change Without Congressional Approval

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
More from the Imperial president :mad:

At a joint news conference with his Brazilian counterpart on Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry praised Brazil for its commitment to climate change initiatives, and he promised that the Obama administration also is determined to do something about it."So the challenge is ahead of us, for all of us, and I know that the United States has a great commitment under President Obama to take our own initiatives, not even to wait for congressional action, but to move administratively in order to do our part. I know we can continue to work with Brazil on this issue of climate, and we look forward to doing so."President Obama repeatedly has said he won't wait for Congress to act -- on jobs, recess appointments, immigration, gun control, and other issues -- where "we can act administratively without additional congressional authorization, and just get it done,” as he said in October 2011.Congressional Republicans have done little more than complain about the president exceeding his constitutional authority

Kerry: Obama Will Act on Climate Change Without Congressional Approval | CNS News

He can't do anything, he has made that claim for 2 years now and nothing. He knows the courts will slap him down if he tries to make law without Congress.

Yep. Obama wants to get us into a future of spending $80 Trillion to make a .0022% difference (22/10,000) by 2050. IOW a negligible change because the biggie in greenhouse gases that the greenies won't own up to is H2O gas. :rolleyes:

Obama can do whatever he wants. You folks need to recognize the horror you're faced with. This is no longer a republic. It's a regime.

I wouldn't worry too much over any president claiming to doanything not within their power without congress.. And certainly not coming second-hand from a senator no less..

In fact Kerry unwittingly did himself a disfavor.. Think about it, he just called himself and by extension the rest of the democratic members congress ineffectual and impotent...

LOL, he's an idiot..

He can't do anything, he has made that claim for 2 years now and nothing. He knows the courts will slap him down if he tries to make law without Congress.

The EPA can do what it wants

No it can't. Congress passes laws not Presidents and not executive branch agencies.

ummm....where have you been? this president ignores immigration laws, he ignore judges court orders all the friken time man.. wake up, and the EPA can implement whatever it wants

On climate change, Obama, EPA plan action without Congress

BOULDER, Colo. | EPA chief Gina McCarthy said Wednesday that the Obama administration is finished waiting for Congress to act on climate change and plans to bypass the legislative branch in developing a federal response.

Ms. McCarthy, who was confirmed last month as Environmental Protection Agency administrator, cited President Obama’s June 25 speech at Georgetown University, in which he unveiled his Climate Action Plan and vowed to make combatting climate change a priority of his second term.

Mr. Obama gave “what I really think is a most remarkable speech by a president of the United States,” said Ms. McCarthy in remarks at the University of Colorado Boulder.

“Essentially, he said that it is time to act,” she said. “And he said he wasn’t going to wait for Congress, but that he had administrative authorities and that it was time to start utilizing those more effectively and in a more concerted way.”

On climate change, Obama, EPA plan action without Congress - Washington Times

The President's office does have the ability to legally take some actions without the approval of Congress. Obama has not stepped beyond his Constitutional powers. What drives him there is not the thirst for power you want to see in him, but the absurd level of recalcitrance of the RNC that is desperate to regain power and, despite several wiser heads point the way, has chosen to climb in their bunker and try to win by siege. Good governance is something they seem to no longer have any interest in whatsoever. Compare the number of presidential vetoes to the number of bills and nominations hung out to dry by the RNC since Obama took office. The only way you can blame the president for the failure of our government to govern is if you think the fault is the color of his skin.

The President's office does have the ability to legally take some actions without the approval of Congress. Obama has not stepped beyond his Constitutional powers. What drives him there is not the thirst for power you want to see in him, but the absurd level of recalcitrance of the RNC that is desperate to regain power and, despite several wiser heads point the way, has chosen to climb in their bunker and try to win by siege. Good governance is something they seem to no longer have any interest in whatsoever. Compare the number of presidential vetoes to the number of bills and nominations hung out to dry by the RNC since Obama took office. The only way you can blame the president for the failure of our government to govern is if you think the fault is the color of his skin.

Congratulations on hitting all the major DNC talking points! you win a cookie!

1. Justifying presidential overstepping by stating "because he can"
2. The RNC blocking stuff for the hell of it, not because they oppose the policy
3. Equating good governance with the GOP caving on whatever Obama wants to do.
4. RACISM!!!!

2. The RNC blocking stuff for the hell of it, not because they oppose the policy
4. RACISM!!!!

Congratulations on failing to address any one of those points.

4. RACISM!!!!

I did, they are standard DNC/progressive talking points, and thus merit no reasonable consideration.

4. RACISM!!!!

I did, they are standard DNC/progressive talking points, and thus merit no reasonable consideration.

Exercising his Constitutional powers oversteps nothing.

The RNC has failed to engage the democrats on a large number of issues - taking an obstructionist position. That goes beyond opposing policy.

Engaging the democrats in order to find compromise and take action where action is needed, is good governance. Blocking all action simply to hurt ome's opponents is not.

If you are one of those fellows who want to pretend there is no racism left in this nation and that no one holds Obama's race against him... then your eyes are closed and you've dropped your cane.

The RNC has failed to engage the democrats on a large number of issues - taking an obstructionist position. That goes beyond opposing policy.

Engaging the democrats in order to find compromise and take action where action is needed, is good governance. Blocking all action simply to hurt ome's opponents is not.

If you are one of those fellows who want to pretend there is no racism left in this nation and that no one holds Obama's race against him... then your eyes are closed and you've dropped your cane.

Compromising on certain issues is impossible, as even the compromise results in the destruction of the system you hold dear.

You are asking for capitulation, not engagement.

And again with the boilerplate racism accusation. My opposition to Obama has nothing to do with race, it has to do with him being a statist douchebag.

Compromising on certain issues is impossible, as even the compromise results in the destruction of the system you hold dear.

You are asking for capitulation, not engagement.

And again with the boilerplate racism accusation. My opposition to Obama has nothing to do with race, it has to do with him being a statist douchebag.

On what issues do you believe compromise is impossible?

I am not asking for capitulation. I am asking for compromise. When you tell us you can't compromise, it is YOU that is demanding capitulation.

I did not accuse you of racism. I said racism exists and it affects the way many people view the president and his actions.

At a joint news conference with his Brazilian counterpart on Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry praised Brazil for its commitment to climate change initiatives, and he promised that the Obama administration also is determined to do something about it."So the challenge is ahead of us, for all of us, and I know that the United States has a great commitment under President Obama to take our own initiatives, not even to wait for congressional action, but to move administratively in order to do our part. I know we can continue to work with Brazil on this issue of climate, and we look forward to doing so."President Obama repeatedly has said he won't wait for Congress to act -- on jobs, recess appointments, immigration, gun control, and other issues -- where "we can act administratively without additional congressional authorization, and just get it done,” as he said in October 2011.Congressional Republicans have done little more than complain about the president exceeding his constitutional authority

Kerry: Obama Will Act on Climate Change Without Congressional Approval | CNS News

the man really does believe he is omnipotent. he views the other two branches of the government as tools to implement his vision, not as balancing branches to insure a fair and impartial government.

He doesn't need an executive order. All he has to do is close his eyes and go hmmmmmmmmmmm...remember in his 2008 acceptance speech he promised to roll back the rise of the oceans and heal the planet?

Forum List

Back