obama wants to destabilize another country. Kerry: Assad must go.

I completely agree that Obama's foreign policy sucks. But how can anyone say he is destabilizing a nation that's been in chaos for several years?

One of Obama's MANY problems with the manner in which he acts is that he likes to keep his hand in every aspect of policy. In other words, he micromanages. This is ok if he knows what the fuck he is doing on a particular area. However, if a president has little or no experience in foreign policy, then he needs to largely defer to the judgment of the foreign service professionals in the State Department as well as to intelligence officers and military leaders when establishing foreign policy. The president can certainly craft policy to fit a particular agenda (one that hopefully furthers our national interests). But on the substance he needs to defer a bit, as foreign relations is a discipline that requires you to take into account the historical and contemporary motivations and interests of those international states with which you deal. If an individual serving as president has no background in this discipline, then he cannot effectively micromanage it.

Obama has absolutely no background in foreign policy. Yet, he thinks that he can construct a foreign policy on his own. It is well known that the foreign service professionals at the State Department have been in an uproar many times over Obama's choices of action. He has fucked up relations with other nations numerous times since taking office. Obama's foreign policy appears to consist of an ad hoc reactionary clusterfuck of confused interests cobbled together in haste to deal with any particular international issue. This is not they to lead the most powerful nation in the world. It is an embarrassment.

Fortunately, despite all of the damage Obama has done as a result of his bumbling, most world leaders understand how our system works and, therefore, know that change is coming. They may be able to push around Obama and take advantage of his ignorance and narcissism - and they do- but they also know that they may not be as lucky with his successor.

A community organizer with a law degree may be able to fool some negroes on a street corner in Chicago, but he is out of his element on the international stage.

The PROBLEM is --- *****LACK OF BULLET IN THE HEAD**** Assad needed a bullet in his head before the little bastard ----bashar was born and saddam needed one in the head----in the 1960s ------and Idi amin needed one-----way back ---I will have to review in order to determine when he needed the bullet

The PROBLEM is --- *****LACK OF BULLET IN THE HEAD**** Assad needed a bullet in his head before the little bastard ----bashar was born and saddam needed one in the head----in the 1960s ------and Idi amin needed one-----way back ---I will have to review in order to determine when he needed the bullet
ya, I know. You used to could speak your mind; but now a daze, forget that.

I completely agree that Obama's foreign policy sucks. But how can anyone say he is destabilizing a nation that's been in chaos for several years?
well, let me put it in these terms
down deep inside we figured ucla would win
but we played the game anyway

Kerry: Assad has to go, but timing can be negotiated

the enemy of my enemy is my friend
problem is obama, syria and russia are friends

Not exactly, the problem is that ISIS is the supposed enemy but Assad is also an enemy, Saudi Arabia is a supposed friend but they are also friends of ISIS and enemies of Assad, Iran is friends with Assad but they are enemies of ISIS and they were enemies of the US but they are supposed to be friends now, Russia is friends with Assad but thinks ISIS is the enemy, Saudia Arabia is friendly with Russia though and Turkey.......

And that's why this "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing is a little complicated....

:banana:

Sure...

ISIS wins, and Kerry and Obozo are happy...

'Nuff said???
So you are on Iran, Russia, and Al Qaeda's side?
That idiot in the White House stirred up such a hornet's nest with the mess he created that the best thing we can do now is probably just go after ISIS, and let the others fight it out among themselves...
What others? Your team the Iranians, Russians, and Al Qaeda?

The less we involve ourselves the better. We have no allies there, and any potential allies are evil.

Interesting to watch the far right reactionaries support Syria and Russia yet want to get rid of ISIS at the same time. Confused people, the far right.

Sure...

'Nuff said???
That idiot in the White House stirred up such a hornet's nest with the mess he created that the best thing we can do now is probably just go after ISIS, and let the others fight it out among themselves...

The less we involve ourselves the better. We have no allies there, and any potential allies are evil.
Exactly....

Obozo created quite a mess with his harebrained illegal war, didn't he???

Sure...

'Nuff said???

Exactly....

Obozo created quite a mess with his harebrained illegal war, didn't he???
Yeah and he's hiding under your bed! Boo!

Forum List

Back