Obama: Victory Not Goal in Afghanistan

Victory was NEVER the goal in Afghanistan.

Not even under Bush.

The real goal in Afghanistan has always been...............????????

Exactly what Obama said:

The enemy facing U.S. and Afghan forces isn’t so clearly defined, he explained.

"We’re not dealing with nation states at this point. We’re concerned with Al Qaeda and the Taliban, Al Qaeda’s allies," he said. "So when you have a non-state actor, a shadowy operation like Al Qaeda, our goal is to make sure they can’t attack the United States." …

"We are confident that if we are assisting the Afghan people and improving their security situation, stabilizing their government, providing help on economic development … those things will continue to contract the ability of Al Qaeda to operate. And that is absolutely critical," Obama told ABC News…

what would be laughable about your post and the idiots who "thanked" you...is that (if you weren't so seriously delusional and hypocritical) this exactly what bush said and believed about afghanistan and you hypocrites blasted him for it.....but obama says it.....

gospel

Victory?

Yeah right...not gonna happen.

What I find intriguing is that undoubtedly 99.99% of the folks like Ozzie were probably gung-ho about "victory" in Iraq. But now that this is "Obama's war" (which should have been Bush's war a long time ago), it's a bad thing. The idiots are so transparent it's laughable.

Define victory in Afghanistan? We get to go home. Leaving in place a stable and Democratic Aghani regime that can handle it's own security issues with only the most limited of help from us.

A military victory is making this possible.

Victory?

Yeah right...not gonna happen.

What I find intriguing is that undoubtedly 99.99% of the folks like Ozzie were probably gung-ho about "victory" in Iraq. But now that this is "Obama's war" (which should have been Bush's war a long time ago), it's a bad thing. The idiots are so transparent it's laughable.

Time tables, wanting to cut defence 25% and a apology ever week to our enemies is the reason why you kooks never have had the best interest forliberty in this country and around the world since the 60's:evil:

MM..
Proof positive that Obama was talking out of his rectum to get elected. It's politics as usual....
There isn't any change that I can see other than the country is going BROKE faster than a drunken sailor spends money in a Kowloon whorehouse.

Last edited:
Victory was NEVER the goal in Afghanistan.

Not even under Bush.

The real goal in Afghanistan has always been...............????????

Exactly what Obama said:

The enemy facing U.S. and Afghan forces isn’t so clearly defined, he explained.

"We’re not dealing with nation states at this point. We’re concerned with Al Qaeda and the Taliban, Al Qaeda’s allies," he said. "So when you have a non-state actor, a shadowy operation like Al Qaeda, our goal is to make sure they can’t attack the United States." …

"We are confident that if we are assisting the Afghan people and improving their security situation, stabilizing their government, providing help on economic development … those things will continue to contract the ability of Al Qaeda to operate. And that is absolutely critical," Obama told ABC News…

stopping their ability to operate, and making sure they cannot attack the United States would be victory dumbshit, how is it that bam bam cant figure that out? you fuckers are so goddamned stupid its amazing you can even function in normal society...oh, wait you cant thats why u have places like san fran and every other dirty ghetto where you lurk in the dark. go bow down to your joker messiah.

Pretty bizarre Hopey Changey statement. I think he simply read his telempromptor wrong. I think it said Victory is the goal in Afghanistan. I think ole Hopey Changey inserted the word Not by mistake. The only explanation that makes any sense to me. Weird stuff.

George Friedman of Strategic Forecasting argues that America rarely fights a regional war to win. It fights regional wars to contain. If it fought wars to win, it could and would annihilate the other country.

I feel for the men and women that have to serve under another Democrat President that hates our great military.Obama: Victory Not Goal in Afghanistan | Sweetness & Light

I think you're lucky to finally have a president who knows hte history of the region. The only way you will EVER have victory in a place like Afghanistan is to wipe it off the map. No invader has EVER won a war in Afghanistan in its entire history....which is why fools like yourself and Dumbya were stupid to even go there in the first place hoping for a victory. The best you can possibly hope for is some sort of containment....at the VERY best...

I feel for the men and women that have to serve under another Democrat President that hates our great military.Obama: Victory Not Goal in Afghanistan | Sweetness & Light

I think you're lucky to finally have a president who knows hte history of the region. The only way you will EVER have victory in a place like Afghanistan is to wipe it off the map. No invader has EVER won a war in Afghanistan in its entire history....which is why fools like yourself and Dumbya were stupid to even go there in the first place hoping for a victory. The best you can possibly hope for is some sort of containment....at the VERY best...

your comment prove you don't know shi* about the region.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back