Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the right to self-defense

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • shooting the bastards in the government if they become tyrants

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
The second Amendment provides SEVERAL rights. It provides a right to the Individual States to maintain a Militia separate from any standing Military. It provides an individual the right to keep and bear arms for several reasons as well. One is protection of self, another is protection of Community, a third is protection of State, a 4th is Protection of Country, a 5th is a means to resist if the Government becomes Tyrannical.

The second Amendment provides SEVERAL rights. It provides a right to the Individual States to maintain a Militia separate from any standing Military. It provides an individual the right to keep and bear arms for several reasons as well. One is protection of self, another is protection of Community, a third is protection of State, a 4th is Protection of Country, a 5th is a means to resist if the Government becomes Tyrannical.
Well said RGS!

I firmly believe that the second amendment gives us the right to bear arms for more than one of the reasons listed, not the least of which is to defend ourselves against tyranny. An armed populace is much more likely to rise up in the face of tyranny than is an unarmed populace (Fear the government that fears your guns). I believe that those who wrote the Bill of rights recognized this and knew, first hand, just how important it is, second only to the freedom of speech. I believe it is no coincidence that these are the first two rights defined in that document.

• Banned
The main reason was simply to ensure the means to kill the sons of bitches if they ever refused to leave. That is why it speaks of the need for the militia. The FF spoke oft of just what the militia is: basically, anyone not in political office.

Forum List

Back