Obama uses Teleprompter for 6th Grader Audience at Elementary School.

You know, George W. Bush was slammed for eight years for mangling his words and sentences, but however badly he mangled them, he could articulate his opinion about something without benefit of a teleprompter. And he sounded better without one. Whenever he used the teleprompter, he came across as flat, mechanical, and wooden as well as mangling words and sentences.

Obama is a master with a teleprompter. One of the best I've ever observed. But take that teleprompter away and other than on a very few selective subjects which he has had time to study for in advance, he frequently becomes incoherant, disjointed, and/or a gaffe machine. Which is probably why his handlers don't allow him to leave the house without it. Which makes one wonder how well he actually knows his subject matter, how much he believes what he is saying, and how commited he is to any clear conviction.

It's just too bad that we did not learn of this teleprompter during all those campaign speeches. We might just have had a different outcome.

Someone who knows their material and has passion about what they are saying has no trouble communicating it to others. They don't need a teleprompter.

That's why Obama is nothing more than an empty suit and salesperson for Reid and Pelosi.

teleprompter jokes were made during the campaign. they were lame then, they are even lamer now. i think for obama they don't need to spell english words phonetically so he knows how to pronounce them. new-clear weapons, new-clear plants. lol.

And needs a teleprompter??!

You can't make this shit up, Barry is off the hook! :lol:

capt.9131bc77c7534185bdbf267bb4ab8497.obama__vaab103.jpg

too bad Bush didn't have a teleprompter telling him to do something ....anything but sitting there like a dumbfounded dipshit in front of those kids in that classroom on 9-11
What was he supposed to do, go running out of the room like his head was on fire?

Mebby SuperBarry could've slipped into a phone booth, flown out of the school and thrown himself in front of the second jet, were he in the same situation, huh? :rolleyes:

too bad Bush didn't have a teleprompter telling him to do something ....anything but sitting there like a dumbfounded dipshit in front of those kids in that classroom on 9-11
What was he supposed to do, go running out of the room like his head was on fire?

Mebby SuperBarry could've flown out of the room and thrown himself in front of the second jet, were he in the same situation, huh? :rolleyes:

That WAS the only other option, wasn't it?

It probably would have been best

Since kids tend to be more honest, they should have take them out of the room for Papa Obama speech

Due to the honest nature of most children, they probably saw it as a case of that classic childhood fairy tale-:

"The Emperor’s New Clothes".

But among the crowds a little child suddenly gasped out, "But he hasn't got anything on."

Indeed, they can see better than some adults the novice in front of them. One does wonder if any were brave enough to yell out, "But he hasn't got anything on" after seeing the "real president" the TOTUS in action.

Even if it was for a presser and they took ALL the children out of the room, needing a teleprompter is still kind of embarrassing. We're talking about giving a prepared statement and answering a few questions here, not the Gettysburg Address.
So in your opinion presidents should memorize each and every speech they give?:lol:

Nope.
But in my opinion, a President should not memorize a speech given to a 6th grade class.
If he wants to address children it should come from his heart...not a speech writer.
He didn't give the speech to the 6th grade class.

He used the occasion to announce a major education initiative.

The podium and set up was used for the media portion. He had an audience with the children earlier.

Mebby SuperBarry could've slipped into a phone booth, flown out of the school and thrown himself in front of the second jet, were he in the same situation, huh? :rolleyes:
Not like he couldn't close the damn book, say thank you children and walk out.

What is this notion I keep hearing from folks somehow there are only two reactions possible: Look like the baffoon he did and stay there, or freak out and have a hair on fire moment.

I never understood this line of reasoning from folks.

What is this notion I keep hearing from folks somehow there are only two reactions possible: Look like the baffoon he did and stay there, or freak out and have a hair on fire moment.

I'm not saying that there was an W or Y option here, just that dumping on him for for taking a little time to contemplate what he might do next, and if that action would be of any effect, is a pretty natural reaction.

There's more than enough material to bust on the Shrub over, this little moment in time is pretty minuscule in that litany.

Black and White World people.

I'm not saying that there was an W or Y option here, just that dumping on him for for taking a little time to contemplate what he might do next, and if that action would be of any effect, is a pretty natural reaction.

There's more than enough material to bust on the Shrub over, this little moment in time is pretty minuscule in that litany.

Seriously? You just said that?

if SuperBarry had been in that secnario and hadn't flown out of there like you say u and the rest of the talking heads would have accused him of dithering.

for starters maybe showing up to work and reading his daily PDB's would have been helpfull -

USATODAY.com - White House to move to Texas for a while
White House to move to Texas for a while
By Laurence McQuillan, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Six months after taking office, President Bush will begin a month-long vacation Saturday that is significantly longer than the average American's annual getaway. If Bush returns as scheduled on Labor Day, he'll tie the modern record for presidential absence from the White House, held by Richard Nixon at 30 days. Ronald Reagan took trips as long as 28 days.

But some Republican loyalists worry about critics who say Bush lets Vice President Cheney and other top officials do most of the work. They're also concerned about the reaction of the average American, who gets 13 vacation days each year.

"It can foster other images," says William Benoit, a professor of political communication at the University of Missouri-Columbia. "Maybe he's lazy, maybe he's not determined. It feeds into the impression that he's not in charge."
Bush, who is scheduled to return to Washington on Sept. 3 (8 days before 9-11), is taking his vacation while Congress is in recess. Cheney will be in Wyoming.

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US was the President's Daily Brief given to U.S. President George W. Bush on August 6, 2001. The President's Daily Brief (PDB) is a brief of important classified information on national security collected by various U.S. intelligence agencies given to the president and a select group of senior officials. The brief warned of terrorism threats from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda over a month before the September 11, 2001 attacks.[1]

bush_brush.jpg

" I don't got time for PDB's ......he he......I've got brush to clear on the ranch!"

Excuse himself from the classroom, get updated on the situation and start getting ready to address the nation.

Forum List

Back