Obama Tops in Donations from Troops

Wanna hear something really ironic? Obama is outspending McCain 3 to 1, and he still can't put this thing away.

In Florida, Obama's already spent something like $15 million, and McCain's spent zero. How are things going for Obama there in Florida? Oh, right, he's losing.

According to an analysis of campaign contributions by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Democrat Barack Obama has received nearly six times as much money from troops deployed overseas at the time of their contributions than has Republican John McCain, and the fiercely anti-war Ron Paul, though he suspended his campaign for the Republican nomination months ago, has received more than four times McCain's haul

I guess the troops don't like Bush and McCain's war.

Wanna hear something really ironic? Obama is outspending McCain 3 to 1, and he still can't put this thing away.

In Florida, Obama's already spent something like $15 million, and McCain's spent zero. How are things going for Obama there in Florida? Oh, right, he's losing.

There's 50 million conservative voters in this country, who will never admit they voted for a moron twice, will never admit their war on Iraq was a mistake, will never admit republican economic and foreign policies were a complete disaster.

They'll vote for a guy they hate - McCain - for the simple reason, as RetiredGunnySarge admitted, just to poke a stick in the eyes of liberals.

Kind of a loyalty to party trumping loyalty to country thing.

So McCain is going to have the Bush base vote for him no matter how bad republicans have screwed things up.

If Israel goes through with an attack against Iran's nuclear facilities - in which they use American supplies (planes), they will view it as an act of aggression by Israel and the U.S, regardless of actual American involvement.

So it might as well be us that does it then, huh?

I am pretty sure Obama has been topping McCain in donations in every single category there is. It's actually pretty upsetting to see the veterans also favoring Obama; maybe they just want to go home sooner? Either way, if Obama is elected, they're going to be back on the battlefield pretty soon afterwards.

Maybe they just realize Obama will be a great president.

Obama will bring the troops home from Iraq, develop American energy independence, and join the rest of the civilized world by having universal healthcare.

Three things that make sense outside of the right wing nut world.

Maybe they just realize Obama will be a great president.

Obama will bring the troops home from Iraq, develop American energy independence, and join the rest of the civilized world by having universal healthcare.

Three things that make sense outside of the right wing nut world.

How about winning the war in Iraq, develop American energy independence through more drilling, more nuclear power and alternative energy that actually produces energy as well as leading the world in health care through a true free market.

Sounds good to me. :cool:

Apologies to Ravi, I thought this was the "Obama's top three priorities" thread when I posted the above. (didn't mean to thread jack, lol)

How about winning the war in Iraq, develop American energy independence through more drilling, more nuclear power and alternative energy that actually produces energy as well as leading the world in health care through a true free market.

Sounds good to me. :cool:

So you like giving the oil companies your money, nuclear waste, and 47 million Americans without healthcare?

So you like giving the oil companies your money, nuclear waste, and 47 million Americans without healthcare?

Yes, though I don't like giving the government 3X the profit that oil companies make when I fill up. Nuclear waste is fine when disposed of right and I prefer the energy I get to use to school "useful idiots" on the interwebs and keep my beer cold. I do prefer Americans to be able to buy cheap health care though. It's a shame the government inflates the cost so drastically by raping the public with medicare cost, unnecessary regulation and trial lawyer induced malpractice cost. Health care cost would fall greatly if the government would just butt out. I guess I'll just have to console myself with the fact that we have the greatest health care in the world despite government interference in the market.

Yes, though I don't like giving the government 3X the profit that oil companies make when I fill up. Nuclear waste is fine when disposed of right and I prefer the energy I get to use to school "useful idiots" on the interwebs and keep my beer cold. I do prefer Americans to be able to buy cheap health care though. It's a shame the government inflates the cost so drastically by raping the public with medicare cost, unnecessary regulation and trial lawyer induced malpractice cost. Health care cost would fall greatly if the government would just butt out. I guess I'll just have to console myself with the fact that we have the greatest health care in the world despite government interference in the market.

No, actually healthcare costs will fall when we have a single payer representing all patients.

Every other Western industrialized country in the world has universal healthcare, and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare. Universal healthcare is a better system, that is why everyone else used it.

No, actually healthcare costs will fall when we have a single payer representing all patients.

Every other Western industrialized country in the world has universal healthcare, and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare. Universal healthcare is a better system, that is why everyone else used it.

Sure. Nothing makes prices fall like a monopoly. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, they get less than half the care, Nice tradeoff. :badgrin:

I agree that efforts should be made to get those uninsured insured. Unfortunately, things aren't as easy as you claim them to be. If universal health care is such a simple solution, then it would have been implemented long ago.

Socializing health care has its own drawbacks as well. For example, the actual treatment will decline, higher taxes, among other things.

I agree that efforts should be made to get those uninsured insured. Unfortunately, things aren't as easy as you claim them to be. If universal health care is such a simple solution, then it would have been implemented long ago.

Socializing health care has its own drawbacks as well. For example, the actual treatment will decline, higher taxes, among other things.

And those efforts need to come from the INDIVIDUALS that are uninsured... it's their life, their choices, their own care, etc....

It does not make it everyone else's responsibility to do it for them

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE can go online and sign up for medical insurance... the key is you have to FREAKIN' PAY FOR IT.... you want something, earn it!! You can't afford it right now? Try and and study hard to advance at work. Work a second job if you have to. Cut out cable TV and DVD rentals, and a 30K car, and name brand groceries, or bottles of soda you pick up at the Qwik-E-Mart, or monthly x-box live subscriptions, or whatever.....

Sure. Nothing makes prices fall like a monopoly. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, they get less than half the care, Nice tradeoff. :badgrin:

Why do you lie?

A single payer system has bargaining power with hospitals, doctors, and Big Pharma. Also a single payer system eliminates a huge part of the administrative costs. You really haven't read much about the rest of the world. You should try it. You might learn something.

Forum List

Back