Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

You're right and the UN, IMF, and CIA are wrong?

You're addressing the same crowd who declared Merriam Webster, Princeton University, and the Encyclopedia Brittanica wrong about the definition of 'democracy'. They're very self-important and they love to redefine words.

Really? I don't recall doing that. Don't lie.

The UN, IMF, and the CIA call those countries newly industrialized so I guess that means they are not industrailized. :rolleyes:

Now, my point is (and the weak-of-character, Quentin, cannot admit his error) that he was inaccurate in his claims from the start. IF one makes it a habit to support their claims from the start, he would not have been inaccurate.

Now, he was not only inaccurate, he is grossly disingenuous and obviously weak of character.

I am particular about accuracy; if it is not present, I cannot make a rational opinion about the topic.

Last edited:
Really? I don't recall doing that. Don't lie.

I was referring to Bo and the others you've joined in this thread.
The UN, IMF, and the CIA call those countries newly industrialized so I guess that means they are not industrailized. :rolleyes:

Context and comprehension. They clearly draw a distinction between 'industrialized' (fully industrialized first-world nations;) and 'newly industrialized' (recently undergoing industrializing and continuing to develop towards first-world development). This is clear from the definitions quentin linked to and the lists the CIA and WMF put together.
Now, my point is (and the weak-of-character, Quentin, cannot admit his error) that he was inaccurate in his claims from the start. IF one makes it a habit to support their claims from the start, he would not have been inaccurate.

His only inaccurate claim was saying America was #1; he later corrected himself and clarified that it is #2 on some lists.
Now, he was not only inaccurate, he is grossly disingenuous and obviously weak of character.

You're the ones being disingenuous by trying to compare the USA, which is an industrialized nation with relatively few regions that are not fully developed (think remote regions of the Ozarks or Death Valley) to nations like China with huge regions that have changed little since the days of Mao and have relatively few developed metropolitan areas.

No they don't. For someone claiming to love accuracy, you sure don't practice it.

The IMF's list of developing countries, reiterated by the CIA, has been posted again and again in this thread.

"Newly industrialized country" is not a term recognized by the IMF, UN, or CIA. Read your own link why don't you? It's a term some economists use to differentiate among developing countries. It's not an official classification used by any of those major agencies. The UN, IMF, and CIA have only the list of developed, industrialized nations and developing, non-industrialized nations.

All three list China and Mexico on the list of developing, non-industrialized nations, and none of them list them on the list of developed, industrialized nations, as has been shown time and again.

JBeukema, thanks. It's good to see not everyone here is so stubbornly dishonest and disingenuous.

I checked that democracy thread you mentioned and was amazed. It was exactly the same game played by exactly the same people. It's like a mirror of this thread. You cited respected, official sources and demonstrated what democracy means, they ignored them, used their own misunderstanding to form an argument based only on their ignorance of the terms they used, and then mocked you for being right and able to prove it.

You're also right that it's a waste of time to keep it up. Both threads contain all the evidence anyone with a remote sense of intellectual honesty or reading comprehension needs to recognize what is true and backed up and what is false and distorted. If these guys can't engage in discussion and have to resort to hypocrisy and outright lies, it's just their loss.

Last edited:

It's quite amazing that the same morons (you) who opposed bailing out these "to big to fail" mega financials don't favor legislation to prevent them from being getting that big again. Do you WANT the economy to fail?

If it might make Obama look bad..You know they do!

I really don't think he needs much help from anyone for that, he's doing a bang up job all on his own. :lol:

It's quite amazing that the same morons (you) who opposed bailing out these "to big to fail" mega financials don't favor legislation to prevent them from being getting that big again. Do you WANT the economy to fail?

I really don't think he needs much help from anyone for that, he's doing a bang up job all on his own. :lol:

Some kids go to school to learn and better themselves. Some kids go to school because they have to. They don't try very hard and don't get much out of it. Some kids go to schoool to act out bad behavior. They don't care about anyone else. They sit in the back and chew gum..Ipod in ears throwing spitwads...Those kids have stupidly burnt all bridges and have nothing to lose by being a distraction to the progress of all others. When asked why they disrupt the environment they share with others ...they have no answer..I wish they would just stay home.

Some kids go to school to learn and better themselves. Some kids go to school because they have to. They don't try very hard and don't get much out of it. Some kids go to schoool to act out bad behavior. They don't care about anyone else. They sit in the back and chew gum..Ipod in ears throwing spitwads...Those kids have stupidly burnt all bridges and have nothing to lose by being a distraction to the progress of all others. When asked why they disrupt the environment they share with others ...they have no answer..I wish they would just stay home.

So, why don't you? :eusa_whistle:

I'm 60 dolt. But to add truth to your stupid reply... I spent most of my senior high school year snow and water skiing.

"I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet reached the same conclusion

I'm 60 dolt. But to add truth to your stupid reply... I spent most of my senior high school year snow and water skiing.

That explains a lot. :lol:

I wonder if George Soros has gotten that memo?

The hypocrisy knows no bounds with this bunch.

Having the U.S. Government not strongarming them into making loans to people with no assets or incomes would be a great start. Notice however, how that not-so-small part of the problem is never addressed. Unfortunately, this bill being floated around will ensure a permanent "too big to fail" situation.

You ain't gonna fix the problem by letting the same crooks who gave us the problem propose the fixes.

Guess who didn't favor regulations on them. Barney Frank.

IF, they are trying to stop "too big to fail", why is there a too big to fail slush fund in the bill?

"I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet reached the same conclusion

That is fine, but I don't see them having the power to stop others via legislation from making as much as they can.

That is the difference in between Obama and Gates or Buffet.

If President Obama leaves it at, "I do think at a certain piont you've made enough money" and does not act on it, then I can respect his opinion. If he takes tax code actions to make sure people don't make more than that certain point, then I have a problem with it.

Immie

Forum List

Back