Obama to run UN security council

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Obama to seal US-UN relationship
By Harvey Morris at the United Nations
Published: September 8 2009 19:59 | Last updated: September 8 2009 19:59
Barack Obama will cement the new co-operative relationship between the US and the United Nations this month when he becomes the first American president to chair its 15-member Security Council.

The topic for the summit-level session of the council on September 24 is nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament – one of several global challenges that the US now wants to see addressed at a multinational level.

FT.com / US & Canada - Obama to seal US-UN relationship

Correction as I wanted to look it up: Seems we only pay 22% of the UN's current budget (still plenty) and 26% of the peacekeeping operations.

On another note, I do wish to see what he does with being the Chair of the Security Council.

Last edited:
funny, i thought being POTUS was a full time gig.

Considering the amount of vacation days the last couple Presidents have taken, I suppose not.

President Bush for example spent 487 days at Camp David and 490 days at his Texas Ranch in 8 years. I wish I could get that many vacation days and still get paid $400,000 a year.

Edit: For those of you too lazy to count, that's over a third of his two terms spent in those two places.

Last edited:
Knowing Obama's penchant for throwing things under buses I don't think we outta get really excited about his UN gig.

Obama to seal US-UN relationship
By Harvey Morris at the United Nations
Published: September 8 2009 19:59 | Last updated: September 8 2009 19:59
Barack Obama will cement the new co-operative relationship between the US and the United Nations this month when he becomes the first American president to chair its 15-member Security Council.

The topic for the summit-level session of the council on September 24 is nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament – one of several global challenges that the US now wants to see addressed at a multinational level.

FT.com / US & Canada - Obama to seal US-UN relationship

Wouldn't this be considered a conflict of interest?

Technically anyone running the Security Council has a conflict of interest. I mean wouldn't you want to see your country succeed or be better? Who wants to see their country lose power or become lesser?

funny, i thought being POTUS was a full time gig.

Considering the amount of vacation days the last couple Presidents have taken, I suppose not.

President Bush for example spent 487 days at Camp David and 490 days at his Texas Ranch in 8 years. I wish I could get that many vacation days and still get paid $400,000 a year.

Edit: For those of you too lazy to count, that's over a third of his two terms spent in those two places.
b b b b boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhh

Do you really think the President takes even one day of vacation to himself?

b b b b boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhh

Do you really think the President takes even one day of vacation to himself?

If you were curious as to whom the previous record holder was, it was Reagan.

As to answer your question, I'm sure he did a lot less then what he would of done in D.C. His lack of doing much of anything or his ability to make things worse is why Obama has to juggle working on twenty different things at the present moment.

Does the UN have our best interests at heart?

Well ask yourself, do you think China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, France, Israel, etc have their best interests at heart or ours? Do you think the U.S has our best interest at heart or theirs?

Once you answer that question, you just may have your answer.

If you're too lazy to answer it yourself: All of the countries have their own best interests at heart.

Im not sure this is a good thing. It kind of presumes subservience of the US to the UN.

Last edited:
Im not sure this is a good thing. It kind of presume subservience of the US to the UN.

Not really, we can pretty much tell the UN to fuck off any damn time we please. Not to bring him up when I don't have to but President Bush did so when it came to invading Iraq.

We all know how that turned out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWM]YouTube - Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sulDYYAiCU&feature=related]YouTube - Bush Gets Caught In His Own Lie[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7BDP3XMG0&feature=fvw]YouTube - Bush can't answer an important question.[/ame]

Which resulted in this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfuqbOEqnU]YouTube - Fail Sound Effect[/ame]

At least he'll be in nice company of Chinese and Vietnamese communists and Libyan supporter of terrorists.

Technically anyone running the Security Council has a conflict of interest. I mean wouldn't you want to see your country succeed or be better? Who wants to see their country lose power or become lesser?

Pretty much the entire progressive wing of the DNC of which Obama Hillary and most of his Czars are members of.

Forum List

Back