Obama to free Gitmo terrorist ‘because he took up yoga’

Maybe Obama should simply order his military to charge them within 30 days or let them go?

Who here would complain about that from either side of the aisle.

Yeah right, and send them where? George Bushes house or maybe Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney's ?

Just keep them all locked up so Republicans can be happy with the millions spent to keep these guys locked up.

Wait...they would still be mad.

Millions?

Ever think about that?

120 Prisoners held in a facility with 1 dollar a year rent...with the hospitality staff being military and it costs millions to keep them there?

What is wrong with THAT picture.
New report: Gitmo costs U.S. $2.7 million per prisoner
https://news.yahoo.com/new-report--gitmo-costs-u-s---2-7-million-per-prisoner-134148004.html

Someone is either skimmimg big bucks or they are including costs for that base even without detainees.

Millions?

Ever think about that?

120 Prisoners held in a facility with 1 dollar a year rent...with the hospitality staff being military and it costs millions to keep them there?

What is wrong with THAT picture.
New report: Gitmo costs U.S. $2.7 million per prisoner
https://news.yahoo.com/new-report--gitmo-costs-u-s---2-7-million-per-prisoner-134148004.html
I did not question the validity of your statement.

I question why it costs us 2.7 million per prisoner.

We pay no rent for the facility. We have the military guarding them. And there is not a single prison in the US that would stay open if each prisoner cost 2.7 million to keep incarcerated.

Something is seriously wrong with that picture.

I recall when they were talking about closing it.

The proposed cost to CLOSE it was 80 Million.

80 million to ship 120 guys to the states and turn off the gas, plumbing and electricity.

Fucked up if you ask me.

I hear you man, thats why Republicans want to keep it open and want to close it at the same time. You can count on Repubs to want it all AND nothing at all. That guarantees they'll be unhappy with the outcome everytime

i'm confused. did president obama go to gitmo, witness a guy doing yoga, and decide to release him?
no?
oh. then any release would be based on assessments from the review board. and yes, they were all previously considered forever prisoners. those are the only ones that go in front of the review board.

Obama to free Gitmo terrorist ‘because he took up yoga’

Who was guarding him, Richard Simmons?

If that were the case, the Gitmo terrorist in question would be feeling "fabulous". Not to mention his wardrobe would consist of sparkley-colored sequin tops and spandex shorts.

Forum List

Back