Obama to fire 100.000 soldiers next year

Euro

Aug 27, 2011
Scandinavia
He’ll fire 80.000 soldiers and 20.000 marines.

He’ll also rotating troops in and out of Europe, rather than having them stationed there, that would mean they did not have to be accompanied by their families - a considerable reduction in cost. And taking back 7000 soldiers from Europe.
He’ll cut the military budget down to 525 billion $ in 2013 from 683 billion $ in 2012. That is a 150 billion $ cut in one year. He plans to cut further 500 billion $ through the remaining years of his period. That will take the military budget back to the size it was pre 9/11.

BBC News - US to cut almost 100,000 troops
With those cuts it is likely that he’ll deliver balanced budgets in the following years and taking control of the debt. Good?

He’ll fire 80.000 soldiers and 20.000 marines.

He’ll also rotating troops in and out of Europe, rather than having them stationed there, that would mean they did not have to be accompanied by their families - a considerable reduction in cost. And taking back 7000 soldiers from Europe.
He’ll cut the military budget down to 525 billion $ in 2013 from 683 billion $ in 2012. That is a 150 billion $ cut in one year. He plans to cut further 500 billion $ through the remaining years of his period. That will take the military budget back to the size it was pre 9/11.

BBC News - US to cut almost 100,000 troops
With those cuts it is likely that he’ll deliver balanced budgets in the following years and taking control of the debt. Good?

Which only proves that President Obama is a true fiscal conservative.

"Taking us back to a pre-9/11 military force structure places our country in grave danger," said Texas Senator John Cornyn, a member of a committee that will hold hearings on the budget plan."

Actually it was Bush,Cheney,Rice and Rummy that placed the nation in danger for they were not paying attention to the terrorists living very close to NSA headquarters.

Obviously killing men,women and children abroad is not good foreign policy.

Fire the private military organizations = big tax dollar savings! Take them off the USA government payroll!!!!!

It's over 5 years, not next year. They do it using a variety of means, from normal attrition to cutting the number of new recruits coming in, to offering early outs, to denying reenlistment to some folks in overage job skills. Don't get me wrong, we are really hurting our chances to fight future ground wars, and forget about more than one at a time.

Other thing is, when do we see the same cuts in the federal civilian workforce? When do we privatize the Postal Service, let's spread the pain around a little. Thought you lefties were all for shared sacrifice.

It's over 5 years, not next year. They do it using a variety of means, from normal attrition to cutting the number of new recruits coming in, to offering early outs, to denying reenlistment to some folks in overage job skills. Don't get me wrong, we are really hurting our chances to fight future ground wars, and forget about more than one at a time.

Other thing is, when do we see the same cuts in the federal civilian workforce? When do we privatize the Postal Service, let's spread the pain around a little. Thought you lefties were all for shared sacrifice.

Good idea, let's go all out and privatize our entire armed forces. Good thinking!

While we are at it we can also privatize our POTUS, Senators, Congress, and... what else is left? Fuck em all, let the Market sort it all. :clap2:

Retract that "fired" comment lest you remain a stupid fuck.

Euro I think he wants you to call it honorably discharged, which is correct and sounds nicer but they are still being fired. Fired carries a connotation thats negitive.
The happiest day of my life was when I was "fired" by the Marine Corps. The only problem was I still owed a two year Inactive Reserve obligation. But that was back in 1960 and lots of things have changed since then. So I'm wondering if the troops who are being "fired" now still have inactive reserve obligations if they've been active for less than eight years.

Anyone know?

Retract that "fired" comment lest you remain a stupid fuck.

Euro I think he wants you to call it honorably discharged, which is correct and sounds nicer but they are still being fired. Fired carries a connotation thats negitive.
The happiest day of my life was when I was "fired" by the Marine Corps. The only problem was I still owed a two year Inactive Reserve obligation. But that was back in 1960 and lots of things have changed since then. So I'm wondering if the troops who are being "fired" now still have inactive reserve obligations if they've been active for less than eight years.

Anyone know?

DD Form 4/1
Paragraph 10a. FOR ALL ENLISTEES: If this is my initial enlistment, I must serve a total of eight (8) years. Any part of that service not served on active duty must be served in a Reserve Component unless I am sooner discharged.
DD Form 4/1 - Military Enlistment/Reenlistment Document

WASHINGTON -- Conservative Republicans have long clamored for government downsizing. They're starting to get it -- by default.

Crippled by plunging tax revenues, state and local governments have shed over a half million jobs since the recession began in December 2007. And, after adding jobs early in the downturn, the federal government is now cutting them as well.

States cut 49,000 jobs over the past year and localities 210,000, according to an analysis of Labor Department statistics. There are 30,000 fewer federal workers now than a year ago -- including 5,300 Postal Service jobs canceled last month.

By contrast, private-sector jobs have increased by 1.6 million over the past 12 months. But the state, local and federal job losses have become a drag on efforts to nudge the nation's unemployment rate down from its painfully high 9.1 percent.

The economy has been expanding, at least modestly, since the middle of 2009. And state and local governments are usually engines of job growth during recoveries. But not now, said economist Heidi Shierholz of the labor-aligned Economic Policy Institute.

"The public sector didn't start to lose jobs right away. But then it did as the budget crunch really hit. State governments are not allowed to run deficits. So the private sector is expanding while the public sector is shedding jobs -- to the tune of 35,000 jobs a month," she said.

President Barack Obama sought to ease the crunch by including $35 billion to prevent layoffs of police, firefighters and teachers in his $447 billion jobs package. But that big bill hit a GOP wall in Congress.

Government Job Losses A Growing Drag On Recovery - Careers Articles

Last edited:
I bet Fed Ex still out performs the gubermint regardless of cuts.

1223_Fedex_full_600.jpg

fedex-delivery-driver-throws-computer-monitor-image-2-5082033511.jpg

FedEx Guy Throwing Computer Monitor | Softize

FedEx Response to Customer Video - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back