Obama to delay individual mandate?

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
See: Jay Carney: No Access to Obamacare, No Penalty

I hear the Obama Administration is thinking about delaying the penalty for Americans who do not buy federally approved health insurance.

How sweet of the federal government to think about delaying penalties for people who decide to not buy federally approve health insurance and decide to buy health insurance to meet their own personal health care needs.

However, to believe our federal government has the authority to penalize a person for not buying federally approved health insurance, one would have to also believe it is not a fundamental right of the individual to make their own decisions regarding their medical and health care needs. But the fact is, it has long been settled law that a person does have a fundamental right to make their own medical and health care decisions. And, "The mere chilling of a Constitutional right by a penalty on its exercise is patently unconstitutional." Shapiro v. Thompson, 394 U.S. 618

Why are the American people so willing to surrender one of their most fundamental rights and allow the federal government to force them to buy “federally approved” health insurance? When was such an intrusive power granted to our federal government?

JWK

A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

he damn well better with this fiasco of his ObambamFailnocare

just think, he let the government be shut down over this VERY THING Republicans were asking for

You voted for this incompetent idiot to run your lives and bring MORE government on your backs, with the IRS

Last edited:

just think, he let the government be shut down over this VERY THING Republicans were asking for

You voted for this incompetent idiot to run your lives and bring MORE government on your backs, with the IRS

It's a Stephanie post so you know it will be hate filled and total nastiness.

I will repeat what Stephanie stated for the brain impaired:

Only problem is Obama didn't shut the government down. What he did do however is not negotiate with hostage takers.

Only problem is Obama didn't shut the government down. What he did do however is not negotiate with hostage takers.

I believe that talking point went out the window with the disastrous roll out. Just saying...

lol, he's nothing but a troll...you notice he has nothing on the topic of the thread?

You guys sound like children throwing a tantrum when you say stupid shit like that.

Protip: Don't be such a moron.

I believe that talking point went out the window with the disastrous roll out. Just saying...

Actually when the republicans got NOTHING in their attempts, we know how correct my statement is.

You guys sound like children throwing a tantrum when you say stupid shit like that.

Protip? From you?

When I need to learn jailhouse etiquette I'll be sure to ask for your "protips"

Actually when the republicans got NOTHING in their attempts, we know how correct my statement is.

You didn't listen to my protip.

When someone fails at a negotiation they are NOT a terrorist.

Again, don't be a moron.

Protip? From you?

When I need to learn jailhouse etiquette I'll be sure to ask for your "protips"

It's a shame when you have worse "etiquette" than a jail bird.

Yes, Obama did shut down the government. The root cause is that Obama hasn't submitted a budget that Congress could pass for over 5 years. The inevitable result of running the government with CRs is the constant game of chicken.

And Obama likes it that way. He is perfectly willing to hold the country hostage while he refuses to negotiate...further demonstrating why a Community Organizer In Chief makes a Lousy President.

Well, if Obama delays the penalty just like HR asked for and introduced, it's going to be a massive amount of egg on the face for Obama and the democrats. Although, you and them, will just blame republicans for the delay.

You'll find a way, Im sure of it.

Almost makes you miss LGS...not really.

Makes me wish you loons on the left would ACTUALLY COMMENT ON THE OP.

Crazy thought, I know.

Makes me wish you loons on the left would ACTUALLY COMMENT ON THE OP.

Crazy thought, I know.

Maybe it should be delayed... Maybe not. Hard to comment on a hypothetical. If it is true, it will be for a good reason--the support system not being in place, not because of the "hell no" caucus.

meow, now do you need cheese or a razor blade?

I know it's a hard thread and question for any of you to comment on, it's about the Dear Leader... but hey, give it a shot...

Last edited:

Once again, we have a dem that can't stay on topic. Now, would you like to discuss whether Obama will delay the mandate over the distater that has ensued?

Forum List

Back