Obama to attend Ft. Hood Memorial...

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
What the hell, he was going to be in the neighborhood anyway...

Obama To Attend Dem Fundraiser In Texas Same Day As Fort Hood Memorial

WASHINGTON (CBS Houston/AP) — A White House aide says President Barack Obama plans to attend a memorial service Wednesday at Fort Hood — the site of last week’s shooting rampage.

The memorial is also the same day Obama will reportedly attend a Democratic fundraiser in Houston for House and Senate candidates.

The Associated Press obtained an invitation to the April 9 event where tickets start at $16,200 a person and go up to $64,800 for a couple. Democratic leaders Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are also expected to attend...

A Fort Hood spokesman confirms there will be a remembrance ceremony that day, and presidential adviser Dan Pfeiffer tells CBS’ “Face the Nation” that Obama will be there.

Report: Obama To Attend Dem Fundraiser In Texas Same Day As Fort Hood Memorial « CBS Houston

Apologies, but this is bad form, in my opinion. Attend the service, but cancel the fundraiser appearance. I realize the fund raiser was already scheduled, but it just looks tacky to stump for cash the same day you are attending a memorial service for murder victims...

But hey, that's just me, I'm sure there are many who do not agree.

WASHINGTON (CBS Houston/AP) — A White House aide says President Barack Obama plans to attend a memorial service Wednesday at Fort Hood — the site of last week’s shooting rampage.

The memorial is also the same day Obama will reportedly attend a Democratic fundraiser in Houston for House and Senate candidates.

The Associated Press obtained an invitation to the April 9 event where tickets start at $16,200 a person and go up to $64,800 for a couple. Democratic leaders Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are also expected to attend...

A Fort Hood spokesman confirms there will be a remembrance ceremony that day, and presidential adviser Dan Pfeiffer tells CBS’ “Face the Nation” that Obama will be there.

Report: Obama To Attend Dem Fundraiser In Texas Same Day As Fort Hood Memorial « CBS Houston

Apologies, but this is bad form, in my opinion. Attend the service, but cancel the fundraiser appearance. I realize the fund raiser was already scheduled, but it just looks tacky to stump for cash the same day you are attending a memorial service for murder victims...

The fund raisers were already scheduled and I think he only went to the memorial so the folks he was raising money for wouldn't have to pay so much for his travel. I've been raising hell with my congress critters telling them that the sponsors of a fund raiser attended by a president should have to pay for 100% of the operations cost of AF-1, the tax payer and pick up the security tab.

The fundraiser obviously wasn't planned to coincide with the ceremony but they should reschedule it it's just bad optics.

The fund raisers were already scheduled and I think he only went to the memorial so the folks he was raising money for wouldn't have to pay so much for his travel. I've been raising hell with my congress critters telling them that the sponsors of a fund raiser attended by a president should have to pay for 100% of the operations cost of AF-1, the tax payer and pick up the security tab.

I agree with that. Tax payer money should never be spent in any way for fund raisers for campaigns. Of course, they would get around that by finding some sort of "official business" to coincide with the fund raising.

A decent human being would go to the memorial and stop by the fundraiser to make an appearance. Obama is neither human nor decent.

I guarantee he'll use it to push his gun grabbing agenda. The man has no shame.

Hey, we are discussing a piece of fecal matter who has no leadership skills, why expect any kind of class or disgression? Did he make money for his cause? Did he do it without incurring additional expenses for the parties who will benefit? FUCK the taxpayers, FUCK the families of the victims...obama could care less.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he's attending at all.

After all he has nothing but contempt for the military and only shows his ugly face when a photo op is in the works.

I'm surprised he's attending at all.

After all he has nothing but contempt for the military and only shows his ugly face when a photo op is in the works.
He sees an opportunity to exploit a tragedy to advance a political agenda. Remember? "Never let a good crisis go to waste".

No one wants him there. But he really does need to attend. It is a shame though. All he will do is jack traffic up.

Look, I'm okay with President Obama attending the memorial service, I don't think he'll seize the opportunity to advance any gun control agenda (at least I hope not), but I am left wondering...

Would he be going to Ft. Hood if he weren't already planning on being in the state for the fundraiser?

As I recall, he did go back in '09... I'd like to think he'd be going to this one as well, regardless of whether or not he had already planned on being in the area...

Look, I'm okay with President Obama attending the memorial service, I don't think he'll seize the opportunity to advance any gun control agenda (at least I hope not), but I am left wondering...

Too late. Mentioned it during his retard speech when he talked about people he never knew like they were his best friends. I hate it when assholes do that.

Too late. Mentioned it during his retard speech when he talked about people he never knew like they were his best friends. I hate it when assholes do that.

Shit.

Forum List

Back