Obama Thanks Himself in Teleprompt Blunder

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
12:26pm UK, Wednesday March 18, 2009

A teleprompt blunder has led to Barack Obama thanking himself in Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

Mr Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the "teleprompt president" over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech.

Read entire article below:

Barack Obama Thanks Himself In Teleprompt Blunder During Address With Irish PM On St Patrick's Day | World News | Sky News

Can you imagine what we would have heard had a Republican been quoted as thanking himself while reading the teleprompter. Isn't this the same candidated Obama that claimed visiting "all 57 states".

57 states
concieved at the selma march
walked into a window
thanked himself
taking vacations while the economy tanks

yep this is way better than bush.....

poster98186667kr9.jpg

what a fucking hypocite you are.

Bush used one everywhere and could not speak off the cuff without stuicking his head up his ass.

I had hoped that once it was so very clear that Bush distroyed our country for the ggain of the wealthy these Americans would put country over party.

I guess I just thought too much of them and now have to face the sad fact that they dont give a rats ass about whats best for the country , they only care about party.

Oh wow what a scandal.

Clearly, objectivity is not a strong point with the left.

For a decade or so we had to hear about Dan Quayle and the spelling of 'potato.'

"Six years out of office with two failed presidential bids now behind him, ex Vice President Quayle still ranks as America’s favorite dumb politician because of what happened in Trenton on June 15, 1992."

Do we now have a new and improved " America’s favorite dumb politician"?

No? And why not?

I'm thinking that this is the reason he picked "Dumb as a box of rocks" Biden, to make him look better after one of these gaffes.

But I'll bet Truthie and SG don't agree. No objectivity or no sense of humor?

Last edited:
Obama is a blundering idiot. Who knew that he would outshine Joe Biden?

Let's be fair here. Biden has spent a lifetime perfecting the 'gaffe.' My favorite is
"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word; jobs. J-O-B-S."

Thanking himself, truly, doesn't compare.

I had hoped that once it was so very clear that Bush distroyed our country for the ggain of the wealthy these Americans would put country over party.

I guess I just thought too much of them and now have to face the sad fact that they dont give a rats ass about whats best for the country , they only care about party.

Boo effen Hoo!

Obama is a blundering idiot. Who knew that he would outshine Joe Biden?

Let's be fair here. Biden has spent a lifetime perfecting the 'gaffe.' My favorite is
"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word; jobs. J-O-B-S."

Thanking himself, truly, doesn't compare.

Obama is still young. I guess now we know why he chose Joe Biden as his running mate: Barack wanted someone dumber than him.

Clearly, objectivity is not a strong point with the left.

And it is on the right?

What bullshit.

Last night in California he spoke and walked and answered questions without the teleprompter.

To even compare him to the Bushmeister..................................

Lame, lame, lame.

Forum List

Back