Obama Stimulus had zero impact

if youre not even willing to examine the possibility of someone elses opinion you are just ignorant. youre putting on blinders an willing to listen to only 2 guys? yeah that smart.

thats all im trying to prove here. economist dont agree across the board on anything. but youre unwilling to look outside this one "opinion". thus you are ignorant.
Read the article.

make sense and tell me why this should be the only article i should consider and simply ignore every other economist who has a different opinion

you really are a retarded rabbi. i want your opinion. tell everyone on this board why you are so much smarter then everyone else.

or just continue to be a retard and post "read the article"

wow you are really showing your lack of comprehension on not even being able to answer a simple questions.

STFU STFU STFU

see i can play stupid games too.

the retarded rabbi at it again.

and as i previously stated i read the article jackass, now i want you to tell me why this should be the only opinion i should consider, instead of other opinions.

so put up or STFU.

Last edited:
Column in the WSJ today by two prominent economists examined the Keynesian idea of gov't spending filling the gap in private demand in regards to the stimulus. What they found was government grants to states and localities merely substituted for local borrowing. IOW, there was no stimulus achieved at all. Aggregate demand was the same as before. The Obama stimulus was, again, proof that Keynesianism is simply wrong.
John F. Cogan and John B. Taylor: The Obama Stimulus Impact? Zero - WSJ.com
Most of the stimulus to the states and local government was used to pay worker salaries. Without the stimulus there would have been massive layoffs of both both government employees and contractors. Borrowing money to pay workers is not an option in most states.

The stimulus saved jobs and created jobs, but it was not large enough to overcome the number jobs being lost. The stimulus would have had to be in the order of 1.5 trillion to have the impact that the Democrats projected. Congress would not have approved a stimulus of this size.

Go read the article, dumbass.
And how many jobs were lost because of anticipated higher taxes and debt to pay for the "stimulus"?

Virtually none.

heres two conservatives who think stimulus had a positive impact:

Coburn, McCain Acknowledge Positive Effects Of Obama's Stimulus | TPMDC

Read the article
Read the article
Read the article.

You are showing you are a total moron because you will not read the article so end up arguing something that may or may not be in the article, which is the subject of thsi thread.
You also lied.

Are we to assume this article is the Gospel? Is the Irrefutable Truth?

The Stimulus not have an impact? That's completely dishonest. It kept people from getting fired and construction jobs are starting up all over. In NYC you can't go far without running into something getting built.

The problem with the Stimulus is that it was half as much as it should have been..so it's taking alot longer to show results.

Add in..that it's larded with Republican (conservative ) ideas..such as tax cuts..at least 40% of it. And we all know how well Republican ideas work in relation to the economy (or anything for that matter).

did you read the article for god sakes?

It's a subscription article. How did you get it?

STFU STFU STFU

see i can play stupid games too.

the retarded rabbi at it again.

and as i previously stated i read the article jackass, now i want you to tell me why this should be the only opinion i should consider, instead of other opinions.

so put up or STFU.

Read the article.

If you want to debate the article, you'll have to read it first. You sound like a total moron posting on a thread about an article that you haven't read.

The Stimulus not have an impact? That's completely dishonest. It kept people from getting fired and construction jobs are starting up all over. In NYC you can't go far without running into something getting built.

The problem with the Stimulus is that it was half as much as it should have been..so it's taking alot longer to show results.

Add in..that it's larded with Republican (conservative ) ideas..such as tax cuts..at least 40% of it. And we all know how well Republican ideas work in relation to the economy (or anything for that matter).

did you read the article for god sakes?

It's a subscription article. How did you get it?

If you haven't read the article why are you posting here?

Consider that the WSJ has got nothing right for, well for, well forever, so I guess then it should be a source of information for wingnuts, since wingnuts only praise the party of money. Hallelujah!

When the WSJ or any other conservative MSM source gets something right, let us all know.

"Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs. The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.

Yet I’m guessing you don’t think of the stimulus bill as a big success. You’ve read columns (by me, for example) complaining that it should have spent money more quickly. Or you’ve heard about the phantom ZIP code scandal: the fact that a government Web site mistakenly reported money being spent in nonexistent ZIP codes.

And many of the criticisms are valid. The program has had its flaws. But the attention they have received is wildly disproportionate to their importance. To hark back to another big government program, it’s almost as if the lasting image of the lunar space program was Apollo 6, an unmanned 1968 mission that had engine problems, and not Apollo 11, the moon landing." http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/business/economy/17leonhardt.html

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

Consider that the WSJ has got nothing right for, well for, well forever, so I guess then it should be a source of information for wingnuts, since wingnuts only praise the party of money. Hallelujah!

When the WSJ or any other conservative MSM source gets something right, let us all know.

"Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs. The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.

Yet I’m guessing you don’t think of the stimulus bill as a big success. You’ve read columns (by me, for example) complaining that it should have spent money more quickly. Or you’ve heard about the phantom ZIP code scandal: the fact that a government Web site mistakenly reported money being spent in nonexistent ZIP codes.

And many of the criticisms are valid. The program has had its flaws. But the attention they have received is wildly disproportionate to their importance. To hark back to another big government program, it’s almost as if the lasting image of the lunar space program was Apollo 6, an unmanned 1968 mission that had engine problems, and not Apollo 11, the moon landing." http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/business/economy/17leonhardt.html

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

Read the article.

It is nothing short of astonishing that the lefties here are perfectly OK posting their opinions about an article that they haven't read.

It is nothing short of astonishing that the lefties here are perfectly OK posting their opinions about an article that they haven't read.

You go ahead and believe what makes you happy. Some people live in the real world where work and working for the nation matters.

"I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all for fear of being carried off their feet. The prospect really does frighten me that they may finally become so engrossed in a cowardly love of immediate pleasures that their interest in their own future and in that of their descendants may vanish, and that they will prefer tamely to follow the course of their destiny rather than make a sudden energetic effort necessary to set things right." Alexis De Tocqueville

Forum List

Back