Obama: Sorry he filibustered Alito...........

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Obama: Sorry he filibustered Alito...........

He regrets it. Poor thing. LOL

Obama: Oh, hey, sorry about that whole thing where I filibustered Samuel Alito | Canada Free Press

President Obama “regrets” filibustering the nomination of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito in 2006, his top spokesman said Wednesday, though he maintains that the Republican opposition to his effort to replace Justice Antonin Scalia is unprecedented.

“That is an approach the president regrets,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest said.

Obama and the Democratic senators who joined him in filibustering Alito “should have been in the position where they were making a public case” against the merits of his nomination to the high court instead, Earnest said.

“They shouldn’t have looked for a way to just throw sand in the gears of the process,” he added.

As a senator from Illinois, Obama and 23 other senators attempted to stage a filibuster to block a confirmation vote on Alito, one of former President George W. Bush’s picks to serve on the bench. The filibuster bid failed and Alito was confirmed.

Conservatives have seized on Obama’s filibuster vote to accuse him of hypocrisy for criticizing Republicans for saying the next president, and not Obama, should nominate Scalia’s successor.

He regrets it all right, not because he thinks it was wrong to do but because it’s causing him a problem now. I regret that you all remember it and I can’t explain it away is more like it.

obama-alito.jpg

Just one more example of the democrats and their motto "do as I say, NOT as I do"

Liberals are evil creatures....

Bush had nominated Harriet Miers. His secretary. What a slap in the face to the country and an insult to the Supreme Court. I would try to stop Bush from nominating anyone after that.

Bush had nominated Harriet Miers. His secretary. What a slap in the face to the country and an insult to the Supreme Court. I would try to stop Bush from nominating anyone after that.

She wasn't some mere secretary, but was, in order, special Assistant to the President, Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy, and WH Counsel. Plus she was past president of the Texas Bar and chair of the board of editors of the American Bar Association Journal. You can be flippant about her roles, but it wasn't like she was just shuffling papers and validating parking one day and nominated for a justice-ship the next.

She wasn't some mere secretary, but was, in order, special Assistant to the President, Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy, and WH Counsel. Plus she was past president of the Texas Bar and chair of the board of editors of the American Bar Association Journal. You can be flippant about her roles, but it wasn't like she was just shuffling papers and validating parking one day and nominated for a justice-ship the next.
She was his secretary. Why do you think the right wing was so upset.

Forum List

Back