Obama: Snowden is not a traitor...he is a whistleblower.

Snowden, in my view, is a hero. He exposed to all of America that our very own leaders were lying to us while violating the Constitution. Being a conservative, I really wish some conservatives, especially the Tea Partiers, would do as they preach and support Snowden for protecting our rights.

This issue clearly separates the closet nationalists from the real deal. The assholes who want to hang him are the same ones who will love the government just as soon as another republican president is elected (if ever) forgetting that patriots are often branded as traitors including our founders.

I have to admit, I'm guilty as charged. I was naive enough to fall for it. Probably still would be if not for your Ron Paul loving nemesis. He drilled me over and over about how it was bad and I finnaly couldn't rebut him.
I don't blame Obama but hold him equally accountable. Not sure what Bush's motive was but given what we went through under him I'm not surprised others were dupped like me.

Waterboarding terrorists still doesn't bother me though. :poke:

We may disagree on some things, but I have always respected that you are willing to admit when you were wrong. A lot of other right wingers on this board refuse to admit that they ever supported the same policies they now oppose under Obama.

Maybe one of these days you will come around on waterboarding, but not everybody is as perfect as me. :eusa_shifty:

Snowden is a criminal. Period

NSA and the government it represents are bigger criminals.

No they aren't.

Where were you folks on "enhanced interrogation", the Patriot Act, and a whole load of crap "the left" was protesting back in the early 2000s.

Oh yeah.

You guys were saying "If ya ain't doing anything wrong, ya ain't got anything to worry about.."

Riiight.

:eusa_shifty:
What's this 'you guys' shit?
You were still posting on Hannity and I didn't see you coming to our defense when the libertarians were raising unholy hell over the matter.

Snowden is a criminal. Period

No they aren't.

Where were you folks on "enhanced interrogation", the Patriot Act, and a whole load of crap "the left" was protesting back in the early 2000s.

Oh yeah.

You guys were saying "If ya ain't doing anything wrong, ya ain't got anything to worry about.."

Riiight.

I will acknowledge being for the Patriot Act. I thought it would be used to go after the Lunatic Muslims---a new stateless enemy, which required new rules of War.

But, I have always been glad, when we give up our liberties, we have free voices to demand them back...when the emergency is over or when Government starts abusing its new right.

I don't think the emergency is over, but the Government is definitely abusing its new right...and we only know about it because of Snowden.

Who do you trust ?

Eric Snowden or James Clapper, Director of the NSA...who perjured himself and ought to already be in jail.

We thought the enemy was Lunatic Muslims...and the damn Liar in the White House thinks a "terrorist" is any white boy with a deer rifle from Montana down to Mississippi.

It is ashamed that we can't trust our President any more. But, we would be foolish to do so. So, lets clip his wings and bring Snowden home.

But, you pinheads had better batten down the hatches. Iran is only a little while away from being able to produce a dirty bomb and put it in a suitcase bound for Boston, New York, Washington. Lunatic Muslims will line up for that job.

Snowden, in my view, is a hero. He exposed to all of America that our very own leaders were lying to us while violating the Constitution. Being a conservative, I really wish some conservatives, especially the Tea Partiers, would do as they preach and support Snowden for protecting our rights.

This issue clearly separates the closet nationalists from the real deal. The assholes who want to hang him are the same ones who will love the government just as soon as another republican president is elected (if ever) forgetting that patriots are often branded as traitors including our founders.

Here's the thing. Both Manning and Snowden had valid reasons for doing what they did. But that doesn't make it less wrong. There were other ways to approach it.

And the reaction of the media was quite different to two very similar events.

Manning showed that the Bush administration was engaged in a massive cover up and also exposed such things as Saudi Arabia asking the US to attack various nations. But the media never focused on that. Instead, the focused on Manning being a traitor. That was valid.

Snowden? The media focused entirely on the NSA. And Republicans could give 2 shits about it really (With the notable exceptions on Ron and Rand Paul), they are just looking for a scandal.

So when you hear left wing media? Make sure you remember Snowden the "whistleblower" and Manning the "traitor".

No they aren't.

Oh yeah.

Riiight.

I will acknowledge being for the Patriot Act. I thought it would be used to go after the Lunatic Muslims---a new stateless enemy, which required new rules of War.

But, I have always been glad, when we give up our liberties, we have free voices to demand them back...when the emergency is over or when Government starts abusing its new right.

I don't think the emergency is over, but the Government is definitely abusing its new right...and we only know about it because of Snowden.

Who do you trust ?

Eric Snowden or James Clapper, Director of the NSA...who perjured himself and ought to already be in jail.

We thought the enemy was Lunatic Muslims...and the damn Liar in the White House thinks a "terrorist" is any white boy with a deer rifle from Montana down to Mississippi.

It is ashamed that we can't trust our President any more. But, we would be foolish to do so. So, lets clip his wings and bring Snowden home.

But, you pinheads had better batten down the hatches. Iran is only a little while away from being able to produce a dirty bomb and put it in a suitcase bound for Boston, New York, Washington. Lunatic Muslims will line up for that job.

Seriously.

Polish up those Jack Boots.

Jeez - learn how to Google. Put "Obama Snowden" into a search bar and asked for hits in the last 24 hours... here's what's going on:

Newspapers Urge Obama to Treat Edward Snowden as Whistleblower

Same story on HuffPo

So you did catch the gist of it, just missed who delivered the message.

Excerpt from the Guardian editorial:

>> “For all his background in constitutional law and human rights, Mr Obama has shown little patience for whistleblowers: his administration has used the Espionage Act against leakers of classified information far more than any of his predecessors. It is difficult to imagine Mr Obama giving Mr Snowden the pardon he deserves.” <<

You call others pinheads, and claim to know something about Iran's intent, but you don't even know the fucking difference between a nuke and a dirty bomb. Here's a clue... a retard in his basement (yourself included) can make a dirty bomb.

Here's the thing. Both Manning and Snowden had valid reasons for doing what they did. But that doesn't make it less wrong. There were other ways to approach it.

Manning showed that the Bush administration was engaged in a massive cover up and also exposed such things as Saudi Arabia asking the US to attack various nations. But the media never focused on that. Instead, the focused on Manning being a traitor. That was valid.

Snowden? The media focused entirely on the NSA. And Republicans could give 2 shits about it really (With the notable exceptions on Ron and Rand Paul), they are just looking for a scandal.

So when you hear left wing media? Make sure you remember Snowden the "whistleblower" and Manning the "traitor".

Manning is a true blue hero to the left so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hmm...I am beginning to question what the news guy said on TV.
I have yet to find a single article to back up what he said (no it wasn't Fox news)
I can't imagine if this is true there would be no articles written about it by this time.

America is very hard on it's government whistleblowers, even ones where there is clearly wrongdoing and practically anyone would consider it a service to the country. Snowden has done a remarkably courageous thing but I do not think he will ever be allowed to come home and face anything short of life in prison. Been looking for some kind of confirmation also.

He DESERVES life in prison. We CAN NOT allow our military and civilian operators the freedom to just decide confidential and secret material is worth releasing. Further he released so much that he jeopardized lives.

I have yet to find a single article to back up what he said (no it wasn't Fox news)
I can't imagine if this is true there would be no articles written about it by this time.

America is very hard on it's government whistleblowers, even ones where there is clearly wrongdoing and practically anyone would consider it a service to the country. Snowden has done a remarkably courageous thing but I do not think he will ever be allowed to come home and face anything short of life in prison. Been looking for some kind of confirmation also.

He DESERVES life in prison. We CAN NOT allow our military and civilian operators the freedom to just decide confidential and secret material is worth releasing. Further he released so much that he jeopardized lives.

Nationalist.

This point cannot be stressed more often.

I've ALWAYS been opposed the Patriot Act and the AUMF.

In terms of these threads I was basically on the same side as most of the Libertarian posters there.

It's about the only thing I agreed with Ron Paul about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manning is a true blue hero to the left so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Manning is a hero to the extreme left.

He's not a hero to people like myself.

I think he got what he deserved.

We can only trust our government with that information. After all, they only have our best interests in mind... dumbass.

I have always felt that Snowden is a hero.

A hero is someone who puts himself in harm's way for others in a worthy cause.

He certainly has endangered himself, and he did it for the American people.

The only question is whether it was for a worthy cause...that is, did he do more good than harm?

The people charged with keeping us safe from Lunatic Muslims see great harm while the people who value their liberty see great benefit.

The sides are as set as they are in the Abortion harangue.

But, for me---I'd pardon him and give him a parade.

Who wants a Lois Lerner snooping your e-mails for political purposes.

WWGOD? What would George Orwell do? ;)

I have always felt that Snowden is a hero.

A hero is someone who puts himself in harm's way for others in a worthy cause.

He certainly has endangered himself, and he did it for the American people.

The only question is whether it was for a worthy cause...that is, did he do more good than harm?

The people charged with keeping us safe from Lunatic Muslims see great harm while the people who value their liberty see great benefit.

The sides are as set as they are in the Abortion harangue.

But, for me---I'd pardon him and give him a parade.

Who wants a Lois Lerner snooping your e-mails for political purposes.

WWGOD? What would George Orwell do? ;)

eat a pie......Oh no i told a joke.....

Because I'm not a pathetic spineless jellyfish that is supremely lacking in intelligence and needs to cling to some Fox News/talk radio invented "patriotism"....I applaud Snowden.

This point cannot be stressed more often.

hey, occupied, do you want to classify this poster a s nationalist as well?

and Sancho Panza a.k.a. Plasmaball to thank for that?

or your outrage falls along the partisan lines only?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back