Obama Signs the Monsanto Protection Act

The Examiner is a Pub propaganda rag, to start with. First Dems needed that continuing resolution to get us out of this gd Pub Great World Recession. Baby steps, and you can be sure Pubs were MAINLY behind this. The ocean liner to Pub hell is turning slowly.

And Pelosi was right- people won't understand O-care till it's implemented. Pub dupes!!

First Dems needed that continuing resolution

And they couldn't write a CR without this included?

Boy, you are dumb.

Sadly, this would have happened even if Romney were elected. Corporations like Monsanto have paid for our politicians a long time ago.

Bullshit!

That's a strange reaction.

Who do you think funds politicians and has been for decades??

You're actually suggesting Mitt Romney, a man born into and living on corporate wealth, Mitt Romney of Bain Capital, would have suddenly done an about-face and done something for the people?
Got any more of those mushrooms? Are they GMO-free?

Last edited:
Monsanto's Government Orgy -- the old "revolving door" and the strange bedfellows of Monsanto with the Bushes, Barack Obama, and ...wait for it... Mitt Romney:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbhtUhebzic]Monsanto's Government Orgy | Brainwash Update - YouTube[/ame]

WHY do we put up with this shit?

So what you're saying is he doesn't hate corporations and businesses. Tell that to the right.

The same right wingers calling him a corporate shill in this topic will be back to calling him a communist in the next one.

The two are not mutually exclusive, you sad little moron. You need to recheck your premise.

Cronyists (corporatists) benefit from statism. Having the state get rid of competition for them makes their jobs much easier.

He has been no less corporatist, or more communist than any of our other Presidents in recent history. The sad little morons were the ones calling him a communist in the first place.

A Death Grip on Our Food Supply: Monsanto's Death Patents

>> More broadly, and unlikely to be addressed in the instant case, is whether Monsanto (or any other company) should be able to patent seeds – the core of global food supplies, and thus of sustenance for billions of people – in the first place. Activists will decry the fact that Monsanto is patenting life, and this is indeed an Orwellian (or perhaps a Huxleyan) prospect, to be sure. Yet I would submit that Monsanto is actually patenting death, which is potentially even more disconcerting.

Consider that by exerting this level of control over the food supply, Monsanto is rapidly creating a world in which people have to pay fealty to the corporation in order to grow food and/or consume it. In this sense, Monsanto gains enormous power to determine who is allowed to eat – and thus who lives or dies. Consider further that Monsanto’s patents also include technologies in which seeds are sold that cannot propagate themselves, resulting in plants terminating rather than perpetuating, requiring farmers to have to go back to the “company store” in order to replant their fields.

In the case currently before the Court, shades of the latter issue are present, with the question being whether the seeds of the seeds of Monsanto creations retain their exclusive patent rights – possibly in perpetuity. This sort of argument might give us cause to wonder whether an animal (or even a human being, someday?) who consumes these proprietary foods could be implicated in such assertions if they are somehow genetically altered in the process. Perverse slippery slopes aside, the permeation of patentable materials throughout the food chain is by now a clear and present danger.

These are troubling trends indeed. Monsanto wants the right to exert perpetual control, and with it the power to make decisions about who/what lives or dies...
<<

These last two links, btw, are from here, where there's more.

There's an easy solution which is better for one's health: don't eat packaged crap food that is full of corn and sugar. Buy fresh ingredients and cook for oneself.

Sugar, I understand. What's wrong with corn?

Sadly, this would have happened even if Romney were elected. Corporations like Monsanto have paid for our politicians a long time ago.

Bullshit!

Quite the argument you put forth there. How can I possibly rebuttal such hard hitting facts?

Mitt Romney, Monsanto Man | The Nation

During the presidential primaries this past March, Romney named an eleven-member Agricultural Advisory Committee that was packed with Monsanto connections, including its principal Washington lobbyist Randy Russell, whose firm has represented Monsanto since its founding in the 1980s and has been paid $2.4 million in lobbying fees since 1998.

Among those also appointed to the panel were another Russell client and Monsanto partner in the marketing of GM alfalfa, Land O&#8217; Lakes CEO Chris Policinski; and Chuck Conner, whose National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) is closely linked to Land O&#8217; Lakes. Conner and Policinski, an NCFC director, publicly supported Monsanto&#8217;s 2010 attempts to win USDA approval for its alfalfa. Other members of the initial Romney council were Tom Nassif, whose Western Growers Association receives annual grants from Monsanto, and A.G. Kawamura, the former California agriculture secretary who championed Monsanto&#8217;s alfalfa despite a federal court ruling in the state against it.

Monsanto Co Summary | OpenSecrets

During the 2012 election cycle Monsanto donated 72% of it's campaign contributions to Republicans, and 28% to Democrats.

My late mother worked for Monsanto in the 50s and 60s. Your information is a little off when it says:

During the presidential primaries this past March, Romney named an eleven-member Agricultural Advisory Committee that was packed with Monsanto connections, including its principal Washington lobbyist Randy Russell, whose firm has represented Monsanto since its founding in the 1980s and has been paid $2.4 million in lobbying fees since 1998.

Monsanto was founded in 1901.

For over a century, Agriculture has been given the Gold Pass with respect to economics and environment. And it will continue to be given a pass in perpetuity.

Case in point: the Ogalalla Aquifer, supposedly "threatened" by an enclosed pipeline system carrying a much needed commodity that ironically fuels agriculture itself.

Fact: The Ogalalla has been polluted by agriculture for decades. Agriculture is draining the aquifer in order to grow a... commodity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/polluting-the-ogallala-aquifer.html?_r=0

There's an easy solution which is better for one's health: don't eat packaged crap food that is full of corn and sugar. Buy fresh ingredients and cook for oneself.

Sugar, I understand. What's wrong with corn?

High fructose corn syrup is a sugar, and it's in everything (colloquially "everything", not literally). Plus it's made from corn, which has at this point probably been tainted by Monsanto. I say "probably" because the corporats who pull our politicians' strings have made sure we can't tell from an ingredient label.

Bullshit!

Quite the argument you put forth there. How can I possibly rebuttal such hard hitting facts?

During the 2012 election cycle Monsanto donated 72% of it's campaign contributions to Republicans, and 28% to Democrats.

My late mother worked for Monsanto in the 50s and 60s. Your information is a little off when it says:

Thanks for the info. I see where the discrepancy is.

Monsanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Through a series of transactions, the Monsanto that existed from 1901 to 2000 and the current Monsanto are legally two distinct corporations. Although they share the same name and corporate headquarters, many of the same executives and other employees, and responsibility for liabilities arising out of activities in the industrial chemical business, the agricultural chemicals business is the only segment carried forward from the pre-1997 Monsanto Company to the current Monsanto Company. This was accomplished beginning in the 1980s:

Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law

For those that are new to this situation, the Monsanto Protection Act is the name given to what's known as a legislative rider that was inserted into the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.
Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment
Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law - Dallas healthy living | Examiner.com

It amazes me that this was placed in the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
It also amazes me that at least one government fool thought it was a good idea to exempt a corporation from any legal action in the future for a potentially deadly crop.

I put nothing past this government. A week does not go by where I find a reason which further erodes my trust.
To insulate a public corporation from the courts whether criminal or civil borders on a criminal act against the people of the United States.

Public cries foul at the prospect of exporting products refined from crude oil. Even crude oil imported from Canada.

Public cries foul over the prospect of exporting U.S. - produced Liquefied Natural Gas.

Public silent while Agriculture exports tens of millions of tons of grains while Americans pay record prices for gasoline.

Public silent while 40% of corn acres are dedicated to Ethanol production. So much production that 20% of all ethanol produced is EXPORTED.

Bullshit!

It's Russell's law firm that was founded in the 80's, and paid 2.4 million. lol

Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law

For those that are new to this situation, the Monsanto Protection Act is the name given to what's known as a legislative rider that was inserted into the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.
Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment
Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law - Dallas healthy living | Examiner.com

It amazes me that this was placed in the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
It also amazes me that at least one government fool thought it was a good idea to exempt a corporation from any legal action in the future for a potentially deadly crop.

This is why I think you are an anti science whacko conspiracy nut. The simple fact is that everything we eat is a genetically modified organism.

"anti science whacko conspiracy nut"....what are you some kind of goofball?
Might want to read my post once again, and this time try to comprehend what the Bill is all about.....maybe then you won't look so foolish

The Examiner is a Pub propaganda rag, to start with. First Dems needed that continuing resolution to get us out of this gd Pub Great World Recession. Baby steps, and you can be sure Pubs were MAINLY behind this. The ocean liner to Pub hell is turning slowly.

And Pelosi was right- people won't understand O-care till it's implemented. Pub dupes!!

Right now, franchHFW, the brunt of the expense of ACA will fall upon American workers with a full-time job.

Only 47% of Working Age Americans have Full-Time Jobs

Insurance companies will be unable to compete with the government, so that will leave a smaller and smaller percentage of workers working full-time to pay for the health care of people who haven't completed their educations yet and the health care of people who have retired until they die, which now can be over 30 years if they retire at age 65. The diabolical Democrats also have a plan under consideration at this point to beat up taxpayers for paying for all foreigners who come into this country, too. A million a year will be a thing of the past soon.

Just wait until ACA takes 20% of their present take home. Fewer people will be able to afford to work when the government is so generous to supply all the needs of those who are unemployed. It's not a matter of if but only when at this point of our sinking into a community-does-all society that we are becoming--that our workforce will decrease several more percentage points. It's already at a breaking point now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back