Obama Signs the Monsanto Protection Act

Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law

For those that are new to this situation, the Monsanto Protection Act is the name given to what's known as a legislative rider that was inserted into the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.
Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment
Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law - Dallas healthy living | Examiner.com

It amazes me that this was placed in the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
It also amazes me that at least one government fool thought it was a good idea to exempt a corporation from any legal action in the future for a potentially deadly crop.
Protecting a megalithic chemical corporation with "Farmer's Protection Act?" That so sounds like Barack "taxpayer-bankroll-my-supporter" Obama.

:rolleyes:

Or the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act "....

Seems Obama has ties to Monsanto before and after his election.

The new president filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:

At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center.

As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.

As commissioner of the USDA, Iowa governor, Tom Vilsack. Vilsack had set up a national group, the Governors' Biotechnology Partnership, and had been given a Governor of the Year Award by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto.

As the new Agriculture Trade Representative, who would push GMOs for export, Islam Siddiqui, a former Monsanto lobbyist.

Learn more: Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama

You are not connecting the big dots here. World Food Forum that writes the checks worldwide on behalf of USA / represents USA at UN meetings is directly linked to Monsanto and their Directors are promoted from within - from one group to another with big Pharmaceutical cartels such as NOVUS and SOLVAY doing the lobbyist work for them. Remember the ship that was hijacked off coast of Kenya by Somali pirates and was reported to be laden down with food items? That came from World Food Forum - Congress with Monsanto strings attached - they are all in bed together. It's a real rats nest. - Jeremiah

It is a rat's nest.

But I have to add that GMO food is not necessarily bad. Golden Rice, for example, saves lives in third world countries. It is incredibly hypocritical for wellfed people in developed countries to deny GMO crops to starving, malnourished people.

Norman Borlaug personally did more good for humankind than did any government or NGO bureaucrat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

Last edited:
It's not weird. He demonizes them in order to appeal to certain (low information) groups of his constituency - and then he collaborates with his corporate cronies to loot the nation.

Guys and Gals, this whole situation is also tied in with global warming. We have our dear (unelected) Corporate leaders showing who is boss. Its not Obama, Bush II, GOPers or Democrats.

For crying out loud I hope all of you hard core right wingers smarten up. There are petitions and other venues you can find right now to start and make these fuckers answer to We the People. But we have to unite and turn off Fox and Rush (since on one watches MSNBC I wont even go there).

Looks like Obama is going to finish Clinton's work undoing basic protections established under the Roosevelt cousins. That'll please Republicans. Democrats will be happy he's not going to lay off regulartory personnel in agencies no longer burdened by stuff like protecting Americans.

Nice work, partisans.

Please, centrists, don't be lost enough to believe anyone respects "centrists". Either you believe bloodless corporations should have the rights natural born persons do or you don't. There is no middle ground on this one.

The people who don't accept that corporations should have the rights of natural born persons whose toil, tears and sweat built the nation and who put blood on the ground preserving the United States are the sole hope for restoring what was once called the American Dream, which at this time is reserved for little more than a narrow band of minor professionals and lesser bourgeoisie whose primary functions are government work and keeping the rabble in their place.

Last edited:
Guys and Gals, this whole situation is also tied in with global warming. We have our dear (unelected) Corporate leaders showing who is boss. Its not Obama, Bush II, GOPers or Democrats.

For crying out loud I hope all of you hard core right wingers smarten up. There are petitions and other venues you can find right now to start and make these fuckers answer to We the People. But we have to unite and turn off Fox and Rush (since on one watches MSNBC I wont even go there).

Dear idiot,

Your so-called progressives are no different than the neocons.

Find reality.

Yes, and grow your own food if its possible. Othewise find a good local farmers market that sells organic food.

It's not weird. He demonizes them in order to appeal to certain (low information) groups of his constituency - and then he collaborates with his corporate cronies to loot the nation.

So what you're saying is he doesn't hate corporations and businesses. Tell that to the right.

For those that are new to this situation, the Monsanto Protection Act is the name given to what's known as a legislative rider that was inserted into the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
Using the deceptive title of Farmer Assurance Provision, Section 735 of this bill actually grants Monsanto immunity from federal courts pending the review of any GM crop that is thought to be dangerous.
Under the section, courts would be helpless to stop Monsanto from continuing to plant GMO crops that are thought -- even by the US government -- to be a danger to human health or our cherised environment
Obama sells out U.S. citizens by signing Monsanto Protection Act into law - Dallas healthy living | Examiner.com

It amazes me that this was placed in the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill.
It also amazes me that at least one government fool thought it was a good idea to exempt a corporation from any legal action in the future for a potentially deadly crop.

Right. Their timing is quite incredible. The cancer cases are increasing at an alarming rate for the food coming from Monsanto seed. Very dangerous stuff. The problem is GM food is not labeled so you are going to have to read labels. Anything with corn syrup, fried chips - the oil is from GM corn - cereals, snack foods, it is very important to read the labels. I know someone who has liver cancer from eating GM food. They worked for Monsanto and have yet to bring a lawsuit so I guess the chance for that is now over. Too bad.

Really? How would that work?

So what you're saying is he doesn't hate corporations and businesses. Tell that to the right.

The same right wingers calling him a corporate shill in this topic will be back to calling him a communist in the next one.

The same right wingers calling him a corporate shill in this topic will be back to calling him a communist in the next one.

The two are not mutually exclusive, you sad little moron. You need to recheck your premise.

Cronyists (corporatists) benefit from statism. Having the state get rid of competition for them makes their jobs much easier.

This is why I think you are an anti science whacko conspiracy nut. The simple fact is that everything we eat is a genetically modified organism.

Sadly, this would have happened even if Romney were elected. Corporations like Monsanto have paid for our politicians a long time ago.

Bullshit!

Quite the argument you put forth there. How can I possibly rebuttal such hard hitting facts?

Mitt Romney, Monsanto Man | The Nation

During the presidential primaries this past March, Romney named an eleven-member Agricultural Advisory Committee that was packed with Monsanto connections, including its principal Washington lobbyist Randy Russell, whose firm has represented Monsanto since its founding in the 1980s and has been paid $2.4 million in lobbying fees since 1998.

Among those also appointed to the panel were another Russell client and Monsanto partner in the marketing of GM alfalfa, Land O’ Lakes CEO Chris Policinski; and Chuck Conner, whose National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) is closely linked to Land O’ Lakes. Conner and Policinski, an NCFC director, publicly supported Monsanto’s 2010 attempts to win USDA approval for its alfalfa. Other members of the initial Romney council were Tom Nassif, whose Western Growers Association receives annual grants from Monsanto, and A.G. Kawamura, the former California agriculture secretary who championed Monsanto’s alfalfa despite a federal court ruling in the state against it.

Monsanto Co Summary | OpenSecrets

During the 2012 election cycle Monsanto donated 72% of it's campaign contributions to Republicans, and 28% to Democrats.

I guess nobody that we elect to lord over us even reads these damn pesky bills.

Just the lawyers that construct them....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ht8msGqwI]Nancy Pelosi - We Have to Pass the Bill So You Can... Classic Moments in Political Theater - YouTube[/ame]

The Examiner is a Pub propaganda rag, to start with. First Dems needed that continuing resolution to get us out of this gd Pub Great World Recession. Baby steps, and you can be sure Pubs were MAINLY behind this. The ocean liner to Pub hell is turning slowly.

And Pelosi was right- people won't understand O-care till it's implemented. Pub dupes!!

Forum List

Back