Obama shuts down 1.6m acres to oil shale development

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Obama Shuts Down 1.6M Acres to Oil Shale Development

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, the Obama Interior Department announced a plan to shut down 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development. The land had originally been slated for drilling under President George W. Bush.

So the higher gas prices are cometh .. And this WILL Be Obama's fault just like higher electricity and he has no fear about being re elected so he will do everything he can to destroy this country..

Wonder how many in the NE care where their energy comes from after not having power for going on 2 weeks? Wonder how they feel about the President setting up the same senario for the country as is happening in NYC with gas rationing?

I hope for the sake of all democrats suffering to the mother fucking hilt that gas does indeed hit 9.99.99 per gal. it's gonna be a fucking hoot.

Wonder how many in the NE care where their energy comes from after not having power for going on 2 weeks? Wonder how they feel about the President setting up the same senario for the country as is happening in NYC with gas rationing?

they're freezing their liberal asses off.

Democrats want us to be energy independent, but refuse to allow us to exploit our own resources.

exploit being the operative word..

there it is..

we do not want our natural resources exploited..we want them protected and viable for our next generations to be able to use responsibly. sustainably and environmentally safe.

shale oil is none of those things.

Democrats want us to be energy independent, but refuse to allow us to exploit our own resources.

there it is..

we do not want our natural resources exploited..we want them protected and viable for our next generations to be able to use responsibly. sustainably and environmentally safe.

Who's "we", shithead?

'we' are the people who believe in things like...science ...'shithead' :)

if the geeks were right about the polls and math..imagine if they are right about science too :p

Last edited:
Interior Department Blocks Access to 1.6 Million Acres of Oil in the West

by directorblue
Could one of you Democrats please tell me how the middle class benefits from higher gas prices and fewer jobs?

The disconnect between the administration’s “All-of-the-Above” energy rhetoric and actual policy looks like it’ll continue now that President Obama was reelected. The Hill reports that the Interior Department plans to block 1.6 million acres of federal land from oil development...

121109-gas.jpg

Read more @
Doug Ross @ Journal: CONGRATULATIONS, DEMOCRATS: Interior Department Blocks Access to 1.6 Million Acres of Oil in the West

:confused:

there it is..

That's like starving to death while you've got a pantry full of food.

And the left claims the right is short-sighted. :lol:

there it is..

That's like starving to death while you've got a pantry full of food.

And the left claims the right is short-sighted. :lol:

no, that is called rationing the food in my pantry and using it wisely so my kids and grand kids have something to eat later on <3

find a way to do it so it doesnt kill everything around it and you will have the left on board with it.

Last edited:

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, the Obama Interior Department announced a plan to shut down 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development. The land had originally been slated for drilling under President George W. Bush.

So the higher gas prices are cometh .. And this WILL Be Obama's fault just like higher electricity and he has no fear about being re elected so he will do everything he can to destroy this country..

The so called article tells us absolutely nothing. Shale oil is extremely difficult to extract. While Bush allowed for a few permits so that a number of companies could try to develop workable methods to extract the oil from the shale, I believe those permits had time limits. I have not heard of any good developments over the last five years as to them finding an effective way to extract the oil. While there are over 1 trillion potential barrels of oil in the Green River Basin, if they can't get it out without completely destroying the environment and at a cost effective price, then it's all a pipe dream.

Anyway, get back to us when you have some real information as to the reasoning behind this.

The so called article tells us absolutely nothing. Shale oil is extremely difficult to extract. While Bush allowed for a few permits so that a number of companies could try to develop workable methods to extract the oil from the shale, I believe those permits had time limits. I have not heard of any good developments over the last five years as to them finding an effective way to extract the oil. While there are over 1 trillion potential barrels of oil in the Green River Basin, if they can't get it out without completely destroying the environment and at a cost effective price, then it's all a pipe dream.

Anyway, get back to us when you have some real information as to the reasoning behind this.

Are you slow? Shale Oil is being Extracted all over the place. It's the reason for a massive economic Boom in SD. Great leaps in Tech in just the last decade have made it economically Viable.

Stop making excuses. Obama's Policies Demand Fossil Fuels remain Expensive, to try and even the playing ground for Expensive Green energy. He has been pretty open in the past about how in order to get what he wants, Traditional Energy Prices would have to be high.

I swear there is no end to the Excuse making Dems will go through for Obama.

Oh no people....higher energy costs are Buuuuuuuuuuuush's fault.

It will be blamed on Bush this next term and after that and after that.

I'm not sure that this really make any difference. There is still plenty of land they can use to extract shale oil and let's not forget we are exporting oil. Maybe we should stop doing that first.

Forum List

Back