Obama says "You're on your own' economics" won't work...

Do you have any plan to back up your assertion, or since you failed as per usual, is it just time to muck the water with more nonsense?

So what century do you want to live in?
Remember there was ONLY one Ceasar. One Cleopatra. One Stalin!

Tell me a TIME in HISTORY when:
The "poor" in 2010..
a) 8 million at least have FREE cell phones.. 1890 NOT EVEN A Millionaire!
b) 40 million getting FREE FOOD ... 1890 millionaires still had to pay!
c) Millions in poverty have TVs,Cars, internet.. DIDN"T exist in 1890!

That does not prove your assertion at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Contrary YOU provided NOTHING for your statement..
I on the otherhand have shown now in two posts FACTS that could NOT have happened without Capitalism !

Do you have any plan to back up your assertion, or since you failed as per usual, is it just time to muck the water with more nonsense?

Tell me were there free cell phones in the 1800s?
Or being the Luddite you are you think there were portable smoke signal system in existence?
Or would you like living when life expectancy was 45 years for a single male?
Or would you like to live in a time when gays were killed BEFORE they were adults?
Or children castrated so they could sing in choirs?
Like that period of history?

Grover Norquist knows what unfettered markets will produce.

A government so week it can be drowned in the bath tub.

So big Government is your solution? Got it! Personally I think our Government could use an occasional dunking.

Seriously you should at least attempt to show where you stupid comment had ANY possible validity!
At least I provided facts... you suppositions....

"It was tried in the decades before the Great Depression. It didn't work then. It was tried in the last decade. It didn't work," he said. "You know, the idea you would keep on doing the same thing over and over again, even though it's been proven not to work. That's a sign of madness."
Did Obama Say Capitalism Doesn

So folks.. is capitalism dead?
Is self initiative dead?
Do more people today want the govt. to tell them how many kids to have? What food to eat?
Where to live? Where to work? No choices? Not responsibility for their own life?

Never mind that it worked very well in the Twenties During President Coolidge.
Many of the poor moved up to the middle class.
If the Federal Reserve had not interfered and started giving out credit, perhaps the 1st stock crash might not have happened.

It was Hoover and FDR's policies that kept us longer in the great depression.

Same thing is happing now, Bush was Hoover and Obama is FDR.
Not the exact same thing but pretty darn similar.

So who is doing the same thing over and over again?

That does not prove your assertion at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Contrary YOU provided NOTHING for your statement..
I on the otherhand have shown now in two posts FACTS that could NOT have happened without Capitalism !

Except i was referring to truthmatters posts about fettered capitalism. I'm not questioning that capitalism, preferrably free market capitalism, is far superior to any other economic stance.

"It was tried in the decades before the Great Depression. It didn't work then. It was tried in the last decade. It didn't work," he said. "You know, the idea you would keep on doing the same thing over and over again, even though it's been proven not to work. That's a sign of madness."

Is self initiative dead?
Do more people today want the govt. to tell them how many kids to have? What food to eat?
Where to live? Where to work? No choices? Not responsibility for their own life?

Never mind that it worked very well in the Twenties During President Coolidge.
Many of the poor moved up to the middle class.
If the Federal Reserve had not interfered and started giving out credit, perhaps the 1st stock crash might not have happened.

It was Hoover and FDR's policies that kept us longer in the great depression.

Same thing is happing now, Bush was Hoover and Obama is FDR.
Not the exact same thing but pretty darn similar.

So who is doing the same thing over and over again?

Yep. Coolidge knew his shit and gave us the Roaring Twenties.

To bad Barry doesn't study history. He could have learned something.

No he didn't.

No

Is self initiative dead?

No, it isn't.

Do more people today want the govt. to tell them how many kids to have?

No, I want government to make sure that any family planning drug I choose is safe and effective.

What food to eat?

I want government to make sure the food I eat is safe and properly labeled. I want government to share information regarding pros and cons of various diet choices I make.

Getting a little hysterical, aren't you?

So self initiative isnt dead but you need the government to help you make wise eating choices?? LMFAO

You are on your own is the way a healthy nation has to treat its people. Otherwise the nation falls into dependency and failure.

A good government should leave the people alone as much as possible. Leave states alone. Leave cities alone. Leave individuals alone.

Is self initiative dead?

How did you jump to the conclusion that capitalism is dead? Or that the same applies to self initiative? How can you conclude that Liberal policies, Keynesian policies equate to pure Marxism? How many kids to have? What kind of food to eat? Where to live? To work? No responsibility? These are not, nor have they ever been aspirations of Liberal economic policy. They are the scariest aspects of totalitarianism.

Is this screed just gasoline on the fire? A way to reinforce the utterly ignorant ideas of the great unwashed?

No one is buying this premise of yours. No one who has generated an original thought anyway.

It's disturbing that so many people are dependent on the government for so much. They literally doubt survival without the state holding their hands. Perhaps it's time to accept that we can't be a dynamic people any more. Decision making even for our own personal choices is beyond us.

It's disturbing that so many people are dependent on the government for so much. They literally doubt survival without the state holding their hands. Perhaps it's time to accept that we can't be a dynamic people any more. Decision making even for our own personal choices is beyond us.
What aspects of the state would you eliminate? Food and drug safety over site? Engineering roads, dams and bridges? Eliminate workplace safety regulations? Child labor laws? Environmental regulations concerning toxic and/or hazardous emissions? How far backward would you roll our society?

How much bigger would you like to grow the government? Your questions are nonsense in the first place. Government does not, and never has exacted social policies for the good of the people OR done them in a fashion that works.

Food and drug safety can be done simply through the market. Considering the FDA allows more harmful drugs to hit the market without any accountability on their part or the part of the manufacturer, i wouldnt call that success or rolling back society.

Engineering is better left to the private sector.

Environmental hazards are better left to persecution for abuse and fraud by existing laws.

Workplace safety and child labor laws are also nonsense and need no oversight by government except in the cases of abuse, fraud or breach of contract.

What aspects of the state would you eliminate? Food and drug safety over site? Engineering roads, dams and bridges? Eliminate workplace safety regulations? Child labor laws? Environmental regulations concerning toxic and/or hazardous emissions? How far backward would you roll our society?

Maybe eliminating stuff like this for starters: This Is Not a Joke: Government Issues Study of a Study About Studies - ABC News

Forum List

Back