Obama says ISIS under control, head of CIA says opposite

Who's lying?

The answer is obvious but you got a 50/50 shot at getting it right. Good luck!

Simple, the CIA because President Obama can not lie and he cut down that Apple Tree...

You can read the news that ISIL is not contain, but hey let ignore reality and live with the thought the world is a safe place...

Neither were lying. The Area under ISIS control is shrinking as the coalition is slowing taking ground back. However, the threat of ISIS carrying out attacks on soft targets in the west is still great. The President was talking about the former, and the CIA director was talking about the latter.

• Banned
Neither were lying. The Area under ISIS control is shrinking as the coalition is slowing taking ground back. However, the threat of ISIS carrying out attacks on soft targets in the west is still great. The President was talking about the former, and the CIA director was talking about the latter.
That is not what I hear when listening to him speak. Course I don't use a liberal hearing aid

Syria is a catastrophe for the world and our reputation for leadership. Obama is not defendable. W was a clusterfk, but we can't keep blaming him for everything, but that is the Obama for policy .... unless it's Hillary or Kerry carrying the water.

If there's any good news it's that it's probably 80% at worst that Hillary is the next potus. She's a lying contemptible and crooked person, but she's competent on for policy (Omg did you know that an ambassador got killed!) and our allies will work with her.

Syria is a catastrophe for the world and our reputation for leadership. Obama is not defendable. W was a clusterfk, but we can't keep blaming him for everything, but that is the Obama for policy .... unless it's Hillary or Kerry carrying the water.

If there's any good news it's that it's probably 80% at worst that Hillary is the next potus. She's a lying contemptible and crooked person, but she's competent on for policy (Omg did you know that an ambassador got killed!) and our allies will work with her.
Hillary is just Obama 2.0, I don't know how anyone gets the impression she's competent. Hillary is intentionally incompetent.

Hillary is just Obama 2.0, I don't know how anyone gets the impression she's competent. Hillary is intentionally incompetent.

She is even worse, she lost to Obama.

At least Obama wasn't as corrupt as he was incompetent. Hillary will bow to her interest groups such as gay killing ISIS muslims in full.

And the Delusions continue to spread....

Competent on foreign policy hahahahaha

Everything the woman had any influence over was & remains a disaster.

Russian reset
Libya
Syria
Iraq
China

That is not what I hear when listening to him speak. Course I don't use a liberal hearing aid

Did you hear the President say this?

"
Barack Obama
As I've said before, these lone actors or small cells of terrorists are very hard to detect and very hard to prevent. But across our government, at every level -- federal, state and local, military and civilian -- we are doing everything in our power to stop these kinds of attacks. We work to succeed a hundred percent of the time. An attacker, as we saw in Orlando, only has to succeed once. Our extraordinary personnel -- our intelligence, our military, our homeland security, our law enforcement -- have prevented many attacks and saved many lives. And we can never thank them enough. But we are all sobered by the fact that, despite the extraordinary hard work, something like Orlando can occur."

That, of course, is what he said about the Terrorists ability to strike soft targets which the CIA director focused on. Then later in the Presidents speech he talked about the military effort to take away their safe haven....

"At the outset, I want to reiterate our objective in this fight. Our mission is to destroy ISIL. Since I last updated the American people on our campaign two months ago, we've seen that this continues to be a difficult fight -- but we are making significant progress. Over the past two months, I've authorized a series of steps to ratchet up our fight against ISIL: additional U.S. personnel, including Special Forces, in Syria to assist local forces battling ISIL there; additional advisors to work more closely with Iraqi security forces, and additional assets, including attack helicopters; and additional support for local forces in northern Iraq. Our aircraft continue to launch from the USS Harry Truman, now in the Mediterranean."

"And as a result, ISIL is under more pressure than ever before. ISIL continues to lose key leaders. This includes Salman Abd Shahib, a senior military leader in Mosul; Abu Sa'ad al-Sudani, who plotted external attacks; Shakir Wahayb, ISIL's military leader in Iraq's Anbar province; and Maher al-Bilawi, the top ISIL commander in Fallujah. So far, we've taken out more than 120 top ISIL leaders and commanders. And our message is clear: If you target America and our allies, you will not be safe. You will never be safe."

President Obama Delivers Statement US Operations | Video | C-SPAN.org

We will see Grandpa, but she is closer to McCain that your partisanship lets you see.
To be fair, we don't want McCain either. He's a RINO.
Well, you're not getting the Big Fat Racist Liar ....

so you're getting an internationalist who is not tied to the neocon view of using the military to gain market share, and that is more or less McCain too.

CIA was talking about the overall strategy.

CIA was talking about the overall strategy.
And McCain's issue was we didn't really give much support to anti-Assad groups early on. (which incidentally was how Chris Stevens got killed after Obama belatedly decided to go in half assed)

Did you hear the President say this?

"
Barack Obama
As I've said before, these lone actors or small cells of terrorists are very hard to detect and very hard to prevent. But across our government, at every level -- federal, state and local, military and civilian -- we are doing everything in our power to stop these kinds of attacks.
They let him slip through how many times? They also had him on a terrorist watch list and they apparently ignored his activity. Also, Hillary's department stopped an investigation into connections between domestic terrorists and Mosques, because they claimed it was unfairly targeting Muslims. So, they pretty much chose to let this stuff happen.

We work to succeed a hundred percent of the time. An attacker, as we saw in Orlando, only has to succeed once. Our extraordinary personnel -- our intelligence, our military, our homeland security, our law enforcement -- have prevented many attacks and saved many lives. And we can never thank them enough. But we are all sobered by the fact that, despite the extraordinary hard work, something like Orlando can occur."
He must mean the extraordinary work they've done to stop investigations that could have prevented attacks. Oh, and to disarm civilians.

"At the outset, I want to reiterate our objective in this fight. Our mission is to destroy ISIL. Since I last updated the American people on our campaign two months ago, we've seen that this continues to be a difficult fight -- but we are making significant progress. Over the past two months, I've authorized a series of steps to ratchet up our fight against ISIL: additional U.S. personnel, including Special Forces, in Syria to assist local forces battling ISIL there; additional advisors to work more closely with Iraqi security forces, and additional assets, including attack helicopters; and additional support for local forces in northern Iraq. Our aircraft continue to launch from the USS Harry Truman, now in the Mediterranean."
Don't worry, guys, he'll be giving the same assets to the terrorists, too.

"And as a result, ISIL is under more pressure than ever before. ISIL continues to lose key leaders. This includes Salman Abd Shahib, a senior military leader in Mosul; Abu Sa'ad al-Sudani, who plotted external attacks; Shakir Wahayb, ISIL's military leader in Iraq's Anbar province; and Maher al-Bilawi, the top ISIL commander in Fallujah. So far, we've taken out more than 120 top ISIL leaders and commanders. And our message is clear: If you target America and our allies, you will not be safe. You will never be safe."

President Obama Delivers Statement US Operations | Video | C-SPAN.org
In the last 8 years, he's only had 120 killed? I guess he doesn't mind having a few of his Terrorist buddies killed, so he can pretend he's making real progress.

Forum List

Back