Obama says he is "not familiar" with Benghazi whistleblowers being threatened

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Possibly the most remarkable circumstance of this entire Benghazi affair, with its murder of four Americans including an ambassador (something that used to be considered an act of war back in the real world)....

....is that, more than six months later, the President of the United States still doesn't know very much about it.

And that's after six months of promises that he will "find out exactly what you are referring to".

--------------------------------------------

Obama: 'I'm Not Familiar' With Benghazi Whistleblowers Being Threatened | The Weekly Standard

Obama: 'I'm Not Familiar' With Benghazi Whistleblowers Being Threatened

11:04 AM, Apr 30, 2013
by DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama said today at a press conference that he's "not familiar" with reports that Benghazi whistleblowers are being threatened:

"I'm not familiar with this notion that anybody has been blocked from testifying," said Obama. "So what I'll do is i will find out what exactly you are referring to."

Fox News has reported that whistleblowers are being blocked:

At least four career officials at the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency have retained lawyers or are in the process of doing so, as they prepare to provide sensitive information about the Benghazi attacks to Congress, Fox News has learned.

Victoria Toensing, a former Justice Department official and Republican counsel to the Senate Intelligence Committee, is now representing one of the State Department employees. She told Fox News her client and some of the others, who consider themselves whistle-blowers, have been threatened by unnamed Obama administration officials.

“I'm not talking generally, I'm talking specifically about Benghazi – that people have been threatened,” Toensing said in an interview Monday. “And not just the State Department. People have been threatened at the CIA.”

“It's frightening, and they're doing some very despicable threats to people,” she said. “Not ‘we're going to kill you,’ or not ‘we're going to prosecute you tomorrow,’ but they're taking career people and making them well aware that
their careers will be over [if they cooperate with congressional investigators].”

Possibly the most remarkable circumstance of this entire Benghazi affair, with its murder of four Americans including an ambassador (something that used to be considered an act of war back in the real world)....

....is that, more than six months later, the President of the United States still doesn't know very much about it.

And that's after six months of promises that he will "find out exactly what you are referring to".

--------------------------------------------

Obama: 'I'm Not Familiar' With Benghazi Whistleblowers Being Threatened | The Weekly Standard

Obama: 'I'm Not Familiar' With Benghazi Whistleblowers Being Threatened

11:04 AM, Apr 30, 2013
by DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama said today at a press conference that he's "not familiar" with reports that Benghazi whistleblowers are being threatened:

"I'm not familiar with this notion that anybody has been blocked from testifying," said Obama. "So what I'll do is i will find out what exactly you are referring to."

Fox News has reported that whistleblowers are being blocked:

At least four career officials at the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency have retained lawyers or are in the process of doing so, as they prepare to provide sensitive information about the Benghazi attacks to Congress, Fox News has learned.

Victoria Toensing, a former Justice Department official and Republican counsel to the Senate Intelligence Committee, is now representing one of the State Department employees. She told Fox News her client and some of the others, who consider themselves whistle-blowers, have been threatened by unnamed Obama administration officials.

“I'm not talking generally, I'm talking specifically about Benghazi – that people have been threatened,” Toensing said in an interview Monday. “And not just the State Department. People have been threatened at the CIA.”

“It's frightening, and they're doing some very despicable threats to people,” she said. “Not ‘we're going to kill you,’ or not ‘we're going to prosecute you tomorrow,’ but they're taking career people and making them well aware that
their careers will be over [if they cooperate with congressional investigators].”

Like I said in another post, I served in 5 foreign Consulates during the late 70s through the middle 80s. Obama is a liar. He knows it and I know it.

His lies will soon come back to haunt him and that fat-assed Hillary Clinton.

Will it make a difference to his liberal minions? Of course not. This clown doesn't make mistakes in their eyes. He's a lying, incompetent slob and anyone with an ounce of sense knows this.

Did you catch just now Michael Schurer and General MacInerney on Lou Dobb's show? Saying that Petraeus affair was purposely leaked because he would not lie about Benghazi. They said this is far greater than Watergate. Time for impeachment.

Why should he be familiar with threats that never happened?

He maintains he wasn't aware that anyone was claiming they happened.

And he's a liar.

But so are you, so your admiration is explained.

"So, what I’ll do is i will find out what exactly you are referring to."

^That is Obama claiming he has no idea what the reporter is alluding to.

Which is odd, since the "House Oversight Committee has asked the State Department for information on the process for clearing attorneys to receive sensitive or classified information from their clients in multiple letters, and have yet to get a response."

Hmmmm....

"You really have to hand it to them on strategy: Why comply when the willing media, wrapped around Obama’s little finger, will eagerly remake every new Benghazi development into a story about Republicans on a partisan witch hunt?
Whatever the real scenario might be, Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa is not impressed with President Obama’s showing of less-than-robust commitment to defending potential whistleblowers:
“A lawyer for Benghazi whistleblowers has publicly stated that the State Department is blocking her client’s ability to talk freely with counsel. Over the past two weeks, I have sent four letters requesting that this Administration make information available about how lawyers – who already have security clearances and are representing Benghazi whistleblowers – can be cleared to fully hear their clients’ stories. I have yet to receive any response from the Obama Administration.
“Even if the President really doesn’t know anything about someone wanting to come forward, his position should be that whistleblowers deserve protection and that anyone who has different information about Benghazi is free to come forward to Congress. The President’s unwillingness to commit himself to protecting whistleblowers only aids those in his Administration who are intimidating them.”

Obama: Huh, ?I?m not familiar? with Benghazi whistleblowers being threatened « Hot Air

Committee On Oversight & Government Reform

"
Issa’s four letters requesting that the Administration make information available for lawyers representing Benghazi whistleblowers:
4/16/13 letter to Department of State
4/16/13 letter to Central Intelligence Agency
4/16/13 letter to Department of Defense
4/26/13 letter to State Department"

Committee On Oversight & Government Reform

"“It's frightening, and they're doing some very despicable threats to people,” she said. “Not ‘we're going to kill you,’ or not ‘we're going to prosecute you tomorrow,’ but they're taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over [if they cooperate with congressional investigators].”

obama should change his name to Sgt. Schultz. He too, knows nothing.

It's so bad, even liberal Dana Milbank says obama's a bystander. He's going to tread water for the rest of his presidebtcy.

Obama knows the Lamestream Media isn't ever going to call him on it, so he just plays stupid.

That's why this country is doomed. Obama could declare himself President for life, and those dick sucking Stalinist reporters wouldn't ask him a followup question on it.

Forum List

Back