Obama refuses to wear American flag pin in public

Wearing the flag pin doesn't "define" anything....its just a public showing of how you feel about your country and you don't give a shit who sees it....just like standing up at the playing of the National Anthem or saluting the flag when in uniform....or showing respect for the flag at anyother time....

Obama, like most Libtards seems to be ashamed to show any sign patriotism in public....or maybe in his case,it is a show of false patriotism....

Or maybe we just know that protecting the Constitution and our individual liberties and living up to the things this country REALLY stands for are more important than wearing a freaking flag. Frankly, when I see people doing that now, it rings shallow and is a huge turn-off. It's like Shogun said, no different from those stupid baby on board signs or pet rocks.

Now I think I'll go find my mood ring ....

indeed.

this is such a non-issue I'm almost a little embarrassed for the people waving this story around like chicken little looking at the sky.

The richest irony being that the magnets and pins are probably all made in China.

I remember a bumper sticker from my childhood: Hungry? Eat your import!

I guess the equivalent here could be: Patriot? Show Your Chinese-made Magnet and Pin!

The flag means different things to different people. Seeing someone wear a pin of the flag means different things to different people. Some people like it and some people don’t. I remember seeing someone wear a necklace with the cross on it. A few days later, she was wearing that necklace and a t-shirt that says “Jesus Saves”. Then I saw her, not on a Sunday, with the necklace, the shirt, and a bracelet with “WWJD” (What Would Jesus Do?) on it. I few weeks later, I saw her go into a liquor store.

Sometimes flashy attention-getting ornamentation is just a psychological reaction formation to cover an unresolved identity crisis. It may be that those who don’t display their patriotism or religion on their sleeves are the most stable and responsible.

This is almost enough to get me to vote for him. Those pins piss the shit out of me to no end. Like wearing a fucking piece of metal gives you the right to be a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole.

The flag means different things to different people. Seeing someone wear a pin of the flag means different things to different people. Some people like it and some people don’t. I remember seeing someone wear a necklace with the cross on it. A few days later, she was wearing that necklace and a t-shirt that says “Jesus Saves”. Then I saw her, not on a Sunday, with the necklace, the shirt, and a bracelet with “WWJD” (What Would Jesus Do?) on it. I few weeks later, I saw her go into a liquor store.

What? Was she the Pastor's wife? Did she get up during her Church's Sunday School and talk about how Christ would behave only to vote for a Republican who would send other people's children to die for their personal opinions in a war of offense? Would she support the right of the government to kill people on death row because she thinks they are guilty? Would she support denying women the right to choose whether to have an abortion in consultation with her family, doctor, religious leaders and God?

I can imagine Jesus Christ in the Oval Office trying to decide what to do about Iraq and saying: "Let's invade them, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." Never mind that wasn't Jesus Christ who said that. That was the fake Christian Ann Coulter. I can imagine him saying to those falsely convicted of a crime and sentence to death: "It's to bad that you as an innocent person spent years in prison and were executed for a crime you did not commit. Your killers will not go to hell for taking the life of an innocent person because they did it in the ballot." :rolleyes: I can see him standing before a pregnant women who is about to die in labor and saying: "To bad you still can't have an abortion even though you and your unborn child will die if you don't. Your killers won't go to hell because they did it in the ballot" Never mind that wasn't Jesus either. That is the fake Christians who call themselves Republicans. As you can see I have already come to the conclusion that Republicans are all fakes and that they are sick and twisted people.

Sometimes flashy attention-getting ornamentation is just a psychological reaction formation to cover an unresolved identity crisis. It may be that those who don’t display their patriotism or religion on their sleeves are the most stable and responsible.

I would assert that the most stable are those who recognize the flag as a symbol for what this country stands for and have no need to make false displays of it in public so that they can appear to be patriotic when they are not. It is people like Obama who are truly the patriots while those like George W. Bush who attempts to rip the Constitution to shreds and violate our rights while wearing the flag who are far from being patriotic. I agree with you that those who use attention getting ornamentation are doing so for psychological reasons in order to cover an unresolved identity crisis. I also believe that those who support the war have an unresolved identity crisis and get a kick out of being able to vote the United States into a war of offense because it compensates for their unwillingness to defend the United States. Ironically, it is people who oppose this war who would be the first to fight and die if we are ever attacked and who would run into a burning building to save the lives of those inside and they wouldn't necessarily be wearing a flag pin either but they would be the real patriots but when those who were not there for those in need feel guilty about it they will wear flag pins and attack other countries that did not attack us so they can say that they did something about what happened. It is no wonder that Democrats supported the war in Afghanistan and have called for the elimination of Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda while opposing the Iraq war while Republicans ignore Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda and instead support invading Iraq. It is because Democrats believe in defending our country against those who attack it and bringing them to justice but are opposed to attacking countries that did not attack us while Republicans don't care to go after those responsible for attacking us and instead prefer to create an illusion of success in Iraq so that they can say that they did something. Democrats aren't always right about things but on this one they are right and Republicans are wrong.

This is almost enough to get me to vote for him. Those pins piss the shit out of me to no end. Like wearing a fucking piece of metal gives you the right to be a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole.

Didn't you know that wearing the flag and trying to shroud your unlawful and immoral acts behind the flag and what it represents is typical of Republicans and conservatives in general. Let's not forget that these sanctimonious holier than thou assholes don't fear losing an election because they always have sanctimonious holier than thou assholes to vote for them. They don't want to address the issues and instead prefer to wear the flag or to brandy it around as a weapon to hide their individual acts of tyranny which they commit collectively. If it came down to voting for Obama or a Republican I would vote for Obama because I could never vote for someone who is evil and who belongs to the party of Satan. :lol:

How about standing for the National Anthem with your hand over your heart at the football game or flying your flag on the forth?....does that make you a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole or do you hide that aspect of your personality?

How about standing for the National Anthem with your hand over your heart at the football game or flying your flag on the forth?....does that make you a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole or do you hide that aspect of your personality?

so wearing made in china replicas of our flag has now become synonymous with standing for the national anthem? anyone without a made in china pin is an unpatriotic traitor? Are yellow made in china bumper magnets required to get our cars registered these days?:eusa_wall:

Didn't you know that wearing the flag and trying to shroud your unlawful and immoral acts behind the flag and what it represents is typical of Republicans and conservatives in general. Let's not forget that these sanctimonious holier than thou assholes don't fear losing an election because they always have sanctimonious holier than thou assholes to vote for them. They don't want to address the issues and instead prefer to wear the flag or to brandy it around as a weapon to hide their individual acts of tyranny which they commit collectively. If it came down to voting for Obama or a Republican I would vote for Obama because I could never vote for someone who is evil and who belongs to the party of Satan. :lol:

Right....what is the biggest issue in the Dim controlled congress this week?
Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly ? Are these the big issues for the nation the Dims are working on....surely its not Sean Penn hobnobbing with the leader of Venezuela or the Dim Senators comparing US troops to Nazis..:cuckoo: ..

so wearing made in china replicas of our flag has now become synonymous with standing for the national anthem?
Public displays of patriotism come in many forms, is one somehow better or worse than another?

anyone without a made in china pin is an unpatriotic traitor? Are yellow made in china bumper magnets required to get our cars registered these days?:eusa_wall:

I don't believe anyone has made such a claim, have they?

The claim being made is that wearing such a pin makes that person a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole....but really, only a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole would make that ridiculous claim....[/b]

This thread is laughable.

Do baseball fans get bent out of shape because some dude next to them doesn't stand rigid and put his hand across his chest during the pledge of allegiance?

Do neighbors fight in the streets because someone on the block didn't fly a flag on the 4th?

how retarded.

ThisThreadSucks.jpg

jackalope.JPG

Do baseball fans get bent out of shape because some dude next to them doesn't stand rigid and put his hand across his chest during the pledge of allegiance?

Do neighbors fight in the streets because someone on the block didn't fly a flag on the 4th?

how retarded.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No...they don't....but thats not the point of the thread is it....

Wearing a flag pin in no way shows ones patriotism...

However, refusing to wear one speaks volumes about someones lack of it...

and REQUIRING one to be worn by politicians as some sort of proof of their patriotism speaks volumes about what direction the sheeple herd is flowing.

baaaaaaaa.

Apparently, flag pins are the parental advisory stickers of politics for some people who want to spend a similar amount of time digesting a candidates platform as shitty parents do looking for someone to blame while being shitty parents.

how retarded.
No...they don't....but thats not the point of the thread is it....

Im responding to those SPECIFIC examples put forth in the thread. By you, no less.

So, would you similarly hand out Scarlet P's to your neighbors who don't fly a flag on the 4th? Who don't stand at attention and shed a tear during the opening of a ballgame?

Do yo think that those people belay their american hating sentiment similarly to how you are trying to throw obama under a bus here?

Maybe you just have a harder time than most with understanding the context of the post....try again...

Wearing the flag pin doesn't "define" anything....its just a public showing of how you feel about your country and you don't give a shit who sees it....just like standing up at the playing of the National Anthem or saluting the flag when in uniform....or showing respect for the flag at anyother time....
------------------
None of these examples 'define anything'.....well, other than showing your respect for the flag or anthem....no one HAS TO do anything.....if some don't want to stand or wear a pin, they don't have to.....in either case, does that make you a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole, as claimed by some....
I think not....

In Obamas case, no one would give a shit one way or the other about the flag pin...... until HE made it an issue; his refusal to wear a pin flag........very petty...but it gets him in the news.....

No one forces the Senators to say the Pledge every morning either, but a public refusal would make it an issue, and most of us would come to some personal conclusions about his character....

good or bad depending on his party no doubt:lol:

Do you really think that he created this story just to get attention? Is there no merit to his point, which apparently you agree with, that hiding behind a pin doesn't make a good politician? If you don't judge your flag-less neighbor then why act like this is some peephole into the dark alley of Obama's political motivations? If it becomes trendy for politicans to wear clown wigs do we throw mud at the guy trying to get to the issues rather than schedule a wig fitting appointment?

it's silly to believe that any social pressure to CONFORM to the fashion of the day means anything about the ability of a politican. As proof, there are many in office right now that totally suck while they wear a flag pin. For real. This is a laaaaaaaaaaame non-story.

Like I pointed out...it wasn't an issue until HE made it an issue.....if he spent the rest of the campaign with no flag pin or whatever, no one would give a rats ass....HE made it an issue by public refusal...and that in turn gets him in the news.....and of course he created this story just to get attention, otherwise why even mention it....

and his issue is phony and petty too.....wearing the pin or not, is of no significance for anyone, on either side....but to imply, as some posters have, that wearing one makes that person a "sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole" shows some narrow-minded stupidity....but its the typical MO of the Dim libs on this board...from the Repubs need to join the Army to the flag pin wearers are phony patriots, etc.....

Forum List

Back