Obama proposes cuts in Social Security

The rich would see tax increases, the poor and the elderly would get smaller annual increases in their benefits... and... a cut in Social Security benefits of nearly $1,000 a year for an average 85-year-old, smaller cuts for younger retirees.

Anything to get his way......

Well, once Obamacare fully kicks in, we won't have many elderly people collecting social security anyway since they'll be gone.

[nonsense ignoring defense cuts deleted]

Wow. I missed that during the campaign.

At what age do they disappear? Or is there some kind of lottery or what?

This sounds pretty good.

Obama seeks deal, proposes cuts to Social Security

So Obama is willing to put something on the table that he hates to do. Both the left and the right are dismissing his proposal. GET REAL PEOPLE!

What cuts?
Be specific because I'm on SS and I don't want my payments cut!!!!!
How much will Obama be reducing MY current SS check! I currently get $1,647.
Is Obama want it cut 10% by $164? Or 5% by $82???

Please tell me I'm really really worried!!!

I was just acting worried BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO CUTS in SS Payments!!!
It includes a revised inflation adjustment called "chained CPI" that would curb cost-of-living increases in Social Security and other benefit programs.
Official: Obama proposes cuts to Social Security - ky3.com

If they go through the CPI will reduce how MUCH more I'd be getting NOT cutting my current check!
Another bullshit scare f...king tactic by the KING of TACTICS!!!
AND don't give me that crap about "INFLATION"!!!
GEEZ.. Obama could reduce the rising cost of gasoline by 9 cents by delaying this:
The analysis also mentions that if the EPA proposes an additional vapor reduction regulation, that cost increase will skyrocket to 25 cents per gallon.

New EPA Regulations Mean Higher Gas Prices

MY god... simplest way of reducing INFLATION.. which will be DELAY THE EPA 25 cents per gallon which surprise reduces the rise of INFLATION!!!

OBAMA!!!!

Early death is tied to income and it appears that our government really wants the burden of the baby boomers out of the way. What better way then to reduce employment opportunities, reduce Medicare and Social security, have control over everyone's health, create situations where people lose their retirement investments, and the list goes on.

If the government would stop wasting money on useless wars and adventures. there would be no need for tax increases.

I was just acting worried BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO CUTS in SS Payments!!!
It includes a revised inflation adjustment called "chained CPI" that would curb cost-of-living increases in Social Security and other benefit programs.
Official: Obama proposes cuts to Social Security - ky3.com

If they go through the CPI will reduce how MUCH more I'd be getting NOT cutting my current check!
Another bullshit scare f...king tactic by the KING of TACTICS!!!
AND don't give me that crap about "INFLATION"!!!
GEEZ.. Obama could reduce the rising cost of gasoline by 9 cents by delaying this:
The analysis also mentions that if the EPA proposes an additional vapor reduction regulation, that cost increase will skyrocket to 25 cents per gallon.

New EPA Regulations Mean Higher Gas Prices

MY god... simplest way of reducing INFLATION.. which will be DELAY THE EPA 25 cents per gallon which surprise reduces the rise of INFLATION!!!

OBAMA!!!!

Your check is worth less and less every month. Inflation is theft.

...and at the tail end of the article:

"Obama's proposal, however, includes calls for increased spending. It proposes $50 billion for public works projects. It also would make preschool available to more children by increasing the tax on tobacco."

It never stops.:cuckoo:

All those old folks who voted for obama are finding out just what the bought.

All those old folks who voted for obama are finding out just what the bought.

Mister Hypocrite....Obama is actually finally trying to give the GOP what the GOP wants, They want the Dems to propose entitlement cuts and then hang it around their necks at election time. Everyone with a brain knows that. But the truth is, there needs to be entitlement cuts. The Repubs will run away though. They are a "NO DEAL" group of lunatics...

Forum List

Back