Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers

its always a bad idea.

Really? So you think the better way is to buy a home or car with cash?

Hi, you have received -1086 reputation points from Pale Rider.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Too fucking bad, dick head. I\'m glad it pisses you off. That was the idea. Now eat a neg twenty times as large as yours dumbass.

Regards,
Pale Rider
I never said it pisses me off. If you want to wait 20 years to save up cash for a house because you think that's best, what the fuck do I care if you're an idiot.

But just because you're an idiot, doesn't mean we have to run our country the way you demand.

why do u have to insult someone because they have different ways from how u see it?

Fair enough. What "new" do you propose?

first off get the teachers off their agendas, once a teacher is on a rant u forget the children learning.

example a child asks who was the first president of the USA.

most people know there was one before George Washington but i dont know how he was recongnized and by what, but im sick of teachers saying George Washington was the first president and a slave owner.

second find a way to educate teachers on new information and correct information.

example child asks was T rex a carnivore
teacher yes he was big and strong wrong there is evidence to suggest t rex was a scavenger.

after that than we really get into teaching and how it should be not what they want.

so what you are saying is that you want YOUR own personal curriculum taught...if you want that, then homeschool your kids. The truth is, Washington was the first established President and yes...in fact, he was a slave owner....Thomas Jefferson inherited his land from his father, employed slaves and upon his death, Monticello had to be sold to pay off his debts. So much for fiscal Conservatism and being a self made man, huh?

Now I really don't give a shit.... but ignoring truths about history is revisionist history and not really history at all....the T-Rex? who gives a shit?

I wonder if he realizes you can be a carnivore and a scavenger.

Comment:
Too fucking bad, dick head. I\'m glad it pisses you off. That was the idea. Now eat a neg twenty times as large as yours dumbass.

Regards,
Pale Rider
I never said it pisses me off. If you want to wait 20 years to save up cash for a house because you think that's best, what the fuck do I care if you're an idiot.

But just because you're an idiot, doesn't mean we have to run our country the way you demand.

why do u have to insult someone because they have different ways from how u see it?

You read that and think I started the insults?

Interesting.

Because borrowing money when we dont need to is needlessly enslaving ourselves to others.

its always a bad idea.

Sure, why not. If you can pay a car off in 5 years why not save the money for 5 years and buy the car out right?? I've done it in 4.

BTW I'd love to know why you seem to think we dont have enough teachers. Every state I've lived with is oversaturated with teachers. Many are trained as teachers and can't find employment.

I also don't see how larger class sizes make it more difficult to teach. Some of my best teachers in school were in large classes. Guess what, the teacher didnt have any problem with making the subjects interesting to the students (which was precisely why they had so many students trying to get into those classes).

The problem isnt the need for more teachers. The problem is we need teachers who actually care more about the students and teaching them then they care about their salary and benefits and fixing our broken culture so that students actually want to learn. You can do that without spending another dime of money from the Federal Government.

Do you realize the Chicago Public Schools Teacher's are going on strike?? Yep, they are if their demands are not met. ;)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/editorials/ct-edit-contract-0718-jm-20120718,0,4310278.story

Last edited:
first off get the teachers off their agendas, once a teacher is on a rant u forget the children learning.

example a child asks who was the first president of the USA.

most people know there was one before George Washington but i dont know how he was recongnized and by what, but im sick of teachers saying George Washington was the first president and a slave owner.

second find a way to educate teachers on new information and correct information.

example child asks was T rex a carnivore
teacher yes he was big and strong wrong there is evidence to suggest t rex was a scavenger.

after that than we really get into teaching and how it should be not what they want.

so what you are saying is that you want YOUR own personal curriculum taught...if you want that, then homeschool your kids. The truth is, Washington was the first established President and yes...in fact, he was a slave owner....Thomas Jefferson inherited his land from his father, employed slaves and upon his death, Monticello had to be sold to pay off his debts. So much for fiscal Conservatism and being a self made man, huh?

Now I really don't give a shit.... but ignoring truths about history is revisionist history and not really history at all....the T-Rex? who gives a shit?

I wonder if he realizes you can be a carnivore and a scavenger.

classification means a whole lot more, but ill let it slide because ur not trying to better yourself by understanding anothers opinion or thought ur just trying to pass ur ideas off as right and if no one agrees, u insult them.

Interesting.

the person with the idiot part is that u saying the person is an idiot because they have a different way?

its always a bad idea.

Comment:

Regards,
Pale Rider

Most people can't save 20% for a down payment let alone the entire cost. It certainly can be done and it's wayyyyyy less expensive but alas, Americans are too spoiled, they want it now. Credit works, makes the banks rich. :D

Comment:

Regards,
Pale Rider

Most people can't save 20% for a down payment let alone the entire cost. It certainly can be done and it's wayyyyyy less expensive but alas, Americans are too spoiled, they want it now. Credit works, makes the banks rich. :D

stop using common sense, its wierding people out who cant see others opinions or views or train of thought. You keep using ur brain and its freaking out those that dont want to do that.

Interesting.

the person with the idiot part is that u saying the person is an idiot because they have a different way?

No. I called him an idiot because he's an idiot. Saying you should buy large purchases with cash because it's better completely, and totally, ignores the time element. If you need a car today, how does saving for 4 or 5 years help you? It doesn't. If you need a home, how does saving 30 years help you? It doesn't. And I'm not even bringing up inflation! There are simply some times when borrowing and purchasing are the best way to go, and with historically low interest rates, NOW is that time!

But beside the personal finances, to then take that idiotic view to the national level is even more ridiculous. Right now, we need jobs and we need more teachers. To suggest we wait and save and get teachers later while interest rates now are low, is idiotic. It simply is.

You guys don't want to hand over any debt to our kids, but are perfectly fine handing them a shitty economy with no jobs. Idiotic.

Interesting.

No. I called him an idiot because he's an idiot. Saying you should buy large purchases with cash because it's better completely, and totally, ignores the time element. If you need a car today, how does saving for 4 or 5 years help you? It doesn't. If you need a home, how does saving 30 years help you? It doesn't. And I'm not even bringing up inflation! There are simply some times when borrowing and purchasing are the best way to go, and with historically low interest rates, NOW is that time!

But beside the personal finances, to then take that idiotic view to the national level is even more ridiculous. Right now, we need jobs and we need more teachers. To suggest we wait and save and get teachers later while interest rates now are low, is idiotic. It simply is.

You guys don't want to hand over any debt to our kids, but are perfectly fine handing them a shitty economy with no jobs. Idiotic.

there are jobs to be had some people dont want to take them, myself i took one that had less money so i wouldnt be sitting home. THats my personal view. Trucking and healthcare have a future.

heres another article for u

I can't find qualified employees - College is not the be-all end-all (1) - CNNMoney

There is a disconnect between what we have for an education system and what we need for an education system.

www . mckinsey . com
/insights/mgi/research/technology_and_innovation/big_data_the_next_frontier_for_innovation

(I can't post url's until after 15 posts so I had to hack the url. Some assembly required in other words.)

My main point from the article is:
6. There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of big data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions.

Last edited:
There is a disconnect between what we have for an education system and what we need for an education system.

www . mckinsey . com
/insights/mgi/research/technology_and_innovation/big_data_the_next_frontier_for_innovation

(I can't post url's until after 15 posts so I had to hack the url. Some assembly required in other words.)

yep, kind of like health care................look at what we ended up with. O.M.G.

I'm still waiting to hear from someone how firing bad teachers and getting rid of unions will lead to more teachers and decreased class sizes.

Class sizes are smaller than they have ever been and the student:teacher ratio has never been lower and our students are still behind other countries.

I think that book learn'n is elitist
The only acceptable skools are home skools

Thats ridiculous. The caricature isnt even funny.

Oddly enough, if you change home school to public school you have accurately decribed the attitude of so many of the left here.

Our founding fathers didn't need no book learn'n. They also didn't need no fancy skools

I think that book learn'n is elitist
The only acceptable skools are home skools

Thats ridiculous. The caricature isnt even funny.

Oddly enough, if you change home school to public school you have accurately decribed the attitude of so many of the left here.

Our founding fathers didn't need no book learn'n. They also didn't need no fancy skools

LOL do you really think they were uneducated?? Most book learning in their time happened at home...........home schooling was very popular back then. :D

Forum List

Back