Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers

So giving teachers more money is going to help either of these situations?? I had on average 30-37 students in my classes when I attended public school. It was before the Fed DOE existed. ;)

REWARDING teachers with more money. You're missing the key point. Punishing bad teachers will not really attract new ones to the profession. Rewarding the good ones will, and that will reduce class sizes.

are u saying punishing bad teachers will not bring in new teachers? really? so u dont want to fire bad teachers? this is like saying dont do anything to agitate our enemies, what? our enemies are already agitated for christ sake.

Kind of like not disciplining your children will lead to better behavior. If you have 1 kid instead of 5, they will be better behaved as well. :)

So giving teachers more money is going to help either of these situations?? I had on average 30-37 students in my classes when I attended public school. It was before the Fed DOE existed. ;)

REWARDING teachers with more money. You're missing the key point. Punishing bad teachers will not really attract new ones to the profession. Rewarding the good ones will, and that will reduce class sizes.

are u saying punishing bad teachers will not bring in new teachers? really? so u dont want to fire bad teachers? this is like saying dont do anything to agitate our enemies, what? our enemies are already agitated for christ sake.

I never said we should not fire bad teachers. Nice try at putting words in my mouth.

We should absolutely get rid of bad teachers. But just because we do, does not mean some young person is going to jump at that job opportunity. Teachers across the country get paid shit and get treated worse. I've never known a time when so many people hate teachers. Why would someone subject themselves to that level of hate without thinking they could get some reward for doing well?

I never said we should not fire bad teachers. Nice try at putting words in my mouth.

We should absolutely get rid of bad teachers. But just because we do, does not mean some young person is going to jump at that job opportunity. Teachers across the country get paid shit and get treated worse. I've never known a time when so many people hate teachers. Why would someone subject themselves to that level of hate without thinking they could get some reward for doing well?

because they LOVE the benefits and i dont know where u are seeing this but so many libs want to be teachers here in NJ becas u cant be fired.

And i did not put words in ur mouth, read and try to comprehend firing someone is a form of punishment, ive never been fired but seeing some being fired ive never heard the words, im not punishing u for firing u but i have to compliment u another way? Sorry firing is a form of punishment. the ulitimate form. Ive never seen anyone fired as a way of being promoted either.

Should any other occupation not punish workers in fear of not getting new workers?

Pub dupes- no solutions, just I don't want to pay $3 for ANYTHING the country needs, I'm too busy bitching about minorities and furriners..."No I never did!". The dumb kids back in class.

Bring down class sizes and put the teachers back in charge...Another shot of Voodoo, Reaganism, and fundamentalism and we'll have NO INTELLIGENCE or infrastructure. Thanks for the depression, a-holes and chumps.

Give me $1 billion and I can promise you that I will single handedly stimulate our economy back into the driver's seat.

A hundred billion wouldnt help these mindless civil servants improve the kiddies educations....

But it might enrich the unions, administrators,teachers, assistants, and aides to assisstants a bit more....

Get rid of the Union and open education up to competition.

Charter schools, magnet schools. Make the teachers prove how good they are and pay them accordingly.

The Union is the biggest problem with education today. Get rid of it.

because they LOVE the benefits and i dont know where u are seeing this but so many libs want to be teachers here in NJ becas u cant be fired.

And i did not put words in ur mouth, read and try to comprehend firing someone is a form of punishment, ive never been fired but seeing some being fired ive never heard the words, im not punishing u for firing u but i have to compliment u another way? Sorry firing is a form of punishment. the ulitimate form. Ive never seen anyone fired as a way of being promoted either.

Should any other occupation not punish workers in fear of not getting new workers?

What the hell are rambling about? Of course firing is a punishment! No one has said otherwise. But AGAIN, as I said, punishing bad teachers by firing them is NOT a motivator for new teachers to enter the profession. Rewarding good teachers is a motivator. The exact same thing happens in the private sector where bad employees are fired and good employees get bonuses.

A hundred billion wouldnt help these mindless civil servants improve the kiddies educations....

But it might enrich the unions, administrators,teachers, assistants, and aides to assisstants a bit more....

Charter schools, magnet schools. Make the teachers prove how good they are and pay them accordingly.

bam another winner. Love it.

100% false.

But, I'd love to hear you explain your opinion.

Give me $1 billion and I can promise you that I will single handedly stimulate our economy back into the driver's seat.

But can you get the kids math and science scores up?? :badgrin:

What would be the point? In an economy like this, an education is moot. It's not like there are jobs waiting for you. Except for McDonalds, and who needs math and science for that?

trucking welding, there are plenty of jobs but the kids dont want to work anymore. Do u know how many times i go into work only to hear the kids say "I dont want to be here" "I want to go on SSD" Im tired of working"

Its sickening.

Yup, 17% of charters are BETTER! Spend some money and put the teachers in control. I see 70% of kids say school is too easy...CHARTERS DON"T WORK, cheapskates! And that's BEFORE the novelty wears off. Dump dumb Pub stuff...and stop the hate campaign against public service....

What would be the point? In an economy like this, an education is moot. It's not like there are jobs waiting for you. Except for McDonalds, and who needs math and science for that?

Then why is the president proposing we spend a billion dollars on math and science teachers?? Isn't this what this thread is about?? :confused:

trucking welding, there are plenty of jobs but the kids dont want to work anymore. Do u know how many times i go into work only to hear the kids say "I dont want to be here" "I want to go on SSD" Im tired of working"

Its sickening.

Shut up with the stupid shit.

Noting but right wing complaints here.

And you wonder why we are falling behind in those subjects.

I dont wonder at all. We fall behind in these subjects because our culture has been screwed up by the left and because your solution to the problems caused by our culture is to throw money at the problem without actually addressing or solving it.

Then why is the president proposing we spend a billion dollars on math and science teachers?? Isn't this what this thread is about?? :confused:

I think you're missing my point. While I support investing in education, I think this is the wrong investment at the wrong time. We have bigger problems.

Something I'd be more interested in seeing is funding for adult job training, to help put Americans to work in areas that are looking for help, especially in things like health care.

Its sickening.

Shut up with the stupid shit.

the truth?

Pretty scary stuff. Obama plans to finance an "elite corps of master teachers" with taxpayer dollars while union educated kids lag behind in every subject but self esteem. Yeah Barry, that's the way to do it, throw money at the problem.

I think you're missing my point. While I support investing in education, I think this is the wrong investment at the wrong time. We have bigger problems.

Something I'd be more interested in seeing is funding for adult job training, to help put Americans to work in areas that are looking for help, especially in things like health care.

Completely agree. Any changes to Public Education will take time and we'd get more bang for the buck focusing on Adult Training right now.

Forum List

Back