Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers

All we have been doing is throwing money at education and yet we fall further and further behind other countries.

Seems to me it's about time we stop throwing good money after bad at teachers etc and try something new.

How many elections have we heard this,like somehow the past is non exsistant,and more will just make things all better

Why haven't we seen some results that are positive??

We know how Repugs feel about science, lol.

When people post absurdities like this,you can see the failure of education very plainly.

All we have been doing is throwing money at education and yet we fall further and further behind other countries.

Seems to me it's about time we stop throwing good money after bad at teachers etc and try something new.

Like rewarding teachers for producing results. :eusa_whistle: No student should be allowed to pass a single grade without meeting the standards.

Last edited:

Apparently you didn't read the fucking link but repeat the same shitty arguments about money being thrown away.

As long as King Obama is using his own billion, I have no problem with it..

Like rewarding teachers for producing results. :eusa_whistle: No student should be allowed to pass a single grade without meeting the standards.

He didn't read that part of it, that its about rewarding teacher who produce......

Mr. Soetoro is so generous with our money... One more billion, problems solved.

Well, which is the program for?
The program to reward high-performing teachers with salary stipends...
or
"And that means hiring new teachers, especially in math and science."

The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers. Over the longer term, the White House said it plans to launch the program with $1 billion included in Obama's budget request for fiscal year 2013.
I'm fine with existing money being used. But I have doubts that the rest will be funded in an Obama budget, as we have yet to see one passed.

The program to reward high-performing teachers with salary stipends...
or
"And that means hiring new teachers, especially in math and science."

The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers. Over the longer term, the White House said it plans to launch the program with $1 billion included in Obama's budget request for fiscal year 2013.
I'm fine with existing money being used. But I have doubts that the rest will be funded in an Obama budget, as we have yet to see one passed.

It concerns me that in this current recession that there even exists a one Billion dollar fund set aside to motivate for Teachers. These buffoons are spending our nation into the ground.

or

It concerns me that in this current recession that there even exists a one Billion dollar fund set aside to motivate for Teachers. These buffoons are spending our nation into the ground.

you misread the article. There is $100 million in an existing fund that would be directed to this program. The rest would be included in Obama's 2013 budget. Not that it matters, as he has yet to get a budget actually passed.

The NASA folks are acting as tour guides, we don't need to spend a billion bucks for tour guides.

or

you misread the article. There is $100 million in an existing fund that would be directed to this program. The rest would be included in Obama's 2013 budget. Not that it matters, as he has yet to get a budget actually passed.

This line is what I was basing my point on:lol:: The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers

This line is what I was basing my point on:lol:: The administration will make $100 million available immediately out of an existing fund to incentivize top-performing teachers

Right. You got it wrong. It is saying there will be 100 million taken out of an existing fund... it does not state what the actual level of that existing fund is. Could it be 1 billion? Sure. It could also be 300 million.

Forum List

Back