Obama proclaims Irene a "historic" hurricane

Not true at all! I still remember, shortly before the 2008 POTUS Election, when a bunch of Sara Palin/John McCain fans carrying a bunch of stuffed monkeys began yelling "off with his head", about Barack Obama. As a liberal, I'm no fan of his, because of the crap that he's pulled since taking office, but the kind of actions and behaviors mentioned above were totally out of bounds...and unacceptable.

bullshit.

This was a tough hurricane for the Republicans. In an ideal situation, thousands would have been killed and they could have crucified Obama for being unprepared

Now all they have is that Government at all levels did an excellent job of preparation and the hurricane was not as bad as feared. All they have now is accusing Obama of preparing too much

An excellent job of preparation? Seriously? FEMA didn't send out ONE search and rescue crew. They were ALL local and state. Amazing how you'll lay down for the Messiah. One preped one, WAS GOLFING.

Damn....sucks for you doesn't it?

You had Obama all set up and nothing happened. Just think of the anti- Obama threads you could have had if thousands were killed?

I didn't blame Bush for Katrina and I wouldn't blame Obama for Irene. Obama is the one who exploits dead soldiers and civilians, not me.

Obama needs a disaster so he can act like he's in charge of something.

He's still drinking beer at Martha's Vinyard when he should be organizing and bracing for Irene....his usual M.O.

He's the President, not the Head of FEMA.

Personally, I see no problem with his wording..... "likely historic".... not "historic"... but he was trying to convince people to evacuate. Seems perfectly reasonable.

I don't have any issue with how he has handled this one.

Not true at all! I still remember, shortly before the 2008 POTUS Election, when a bunch of Sara Palin/John McCain fans carrying a bunch of stuffed monkeys began yelling "off with his head", about Barack Obama. As a liberal, I'm no fan of his, because of the crap that he's pulled since taking office, but the kind of actions and behaviors mentioned above were totally out of bounds...and unacceptable.

bullshit.

I don't remember hearing anything about that. Got link?

This was a tough hurricane for the Republicans. In an ideal situation, thousands would have been killed and they could have crucified Obama for being unprepared

Now all they have is that Government at all levels did an excellent job of preparation and the hurricane was not as bad as feared. All they have now is accusing Obama of preparing too much

Is it a left wing habit - making shit up and then producing it as fact?

I see several left wingers accusing the right of wanting people to die - I see no actual evidence of right wingers wanting people to die.... so how come y'all lie about it? You should learn to recognize the difference between reality and your fantasy world.

Obama REALLY BELIEVES he and his Presidency are HISTORIC.. the lame stream media has fed him that so much...So he thinks everything he touches IS HISTORIC.:lol:

I'm so relieved that Obama cut his vacation short by a full 12 hours to deal with this historic storm.

Exactly why was he supposed to cut short his vacation? He's not God (despite what the left would have us believe)... he cannot stop a hurricane.

I see several left wingers accusing the right of wanting people to die - I see no actual evidence of right wingers wanting people to die.... so how come y'all lie about it? You should learn to recognize the difference between reality and your fantasy world.

What is the purpose of this thread?

It is here to gloat that Obama is overreacting to the threat of a major hurricane. Republicans make no secret that they want Obama to fail. This extends to wanting more people to lose their jobs, for terrorists to gain power in Iraq and Afghanistan and yes for a Katrina like catastrophe to happen on Obamas watch

It is here to gloat that Obama is overreacting to the threat of a major hurricane. Republicans make no secret that they want Obama to fail. This extends to wanting more people to lose their jobs, for terrorists to gain power in Iraq and Afghanistan and yes for a Katrina like catastrophe to happen on Obamas watch

Unless you can provide actual evidence that Republicans want thousands of people to die, you are nothing more than a hyperbolic twit.

As I said... I see this claim often from lefties.... never see any actual proof. Your opinion of what Republicans think is not proof.... it is your stupid playing tricks on what is left of your brain.

Unless you can provide actual evidence that Republicans want thousands of people to die, you are nothing more than a hyperbolic twit.

As I said... I see this claim often from lefties.... never see any actual proof. Your opinion of what Republicans think is not proof.... it is your stupid playing tricks on what is left of your brain.

Since you joined the board you have been unable to distinguish between serious threads and threads that are posted to talk smack. In your simplistic world, everything is taken literally. This thread is an obvious attempt at talking smack

You are not as worldly as you present yourself

oh dear me, waaaaa waaa waaa
And leave it to you to PRETEND you know what ALL Republicans WANT.

An excellent job of preparation? Seriously? FEMA didn't send out ONE search and rescue crew. They were ALL local and state. Amazing how you'll lay down for the Messiah. One preped one, WAS GOLFING.

You had Obama all set up and nothing happened. Just think of the anti- Obama threads you could have had if thousands were killed?

I've never hear a Republican pray for the death of anyone. For all the liberal pundits claim that rightwing pundits are violent assholes the only ones I've ever heard call for someone's death has been from the left. This is just one of many lefties calling for death and destruction. What was interesting is it was aired on MSNBC for everyone to see.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4efVTFIkpss]MSNBC reports its time for a revolution, a violent one possibly - YouTube[/ame]

What about the church whose prayer called for the death of Obama?
It is a thread here somewhere.

Since you joined the board you have been unable to distinguish between serious threads and threads that are posted to talk smack. In your simplistic world, everything is taken literally. This thread is an obvious attempt at talking smack

And you have continued to assert that you know what Republicans 'want'. It is your claim that Republicans want 'thousands' to die. Where is your evidence? Not hard - assuming there is evidence. There isn't. You know that. I know that. You're just pissed cuz I'm asking you to show how your ludicrous bullshit is based on fact.

And you have continued to assert that you know what Republicans 'want'. It is your claim that Republicans want 'thousands' to die. Where is your evidence? Not hard - assuming there is evidence. There isn't. You know that. I know that. You're just pissed cuz I'm asking you to show how your ludicrous bullshit is based on fact.

And you, as usual, are unable to determine the purpose of a thread

Clueless, completely clueless

And you, as usual, are unable to determine the purpose of a thread

Clueless, completely clueless

I got the 'purpose' of the thread - another whine fest about Obama. I have already voiced my opinion of that. I said it was bullshit. I don't see that Obama did anything wrong with this one.

That, however, does not excuse your use of bullshit allegations. No matter what calculator you use - 2 wrongs do not equal 1 right.

If they could, they wouldn't be leftists.

Leftists see what they believe.

I hope you realize that kind of crap had been going on for eight years but with President Bush as the victim and before that President Clinton was the victim.

You are right it is unacceptable.

Immie

I've never hear a Republican pray for the death of anyone. For all the liberal pundits claim that rightwing pundits are violent assholes the only ones I've ever heard call for someone's death has been from the left. This is just one of many lefties calling for death and destruction. What was interesting is it was aired on MSNBC for everyone to see.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4efVTFIkpss]MSNBC reports its time for a revolution, a violent one possibly - YouTube[/ame]

Except that only the far left claims to know what that sign meant for sure. The sign did not specifically call for his death. It did call for an end of his Presidency. It is as likely that the pastor meant via election next year as it is his death.

Immie

Last edited:

By all means find it, but I was specifically referring to the leftwing claim that rightwing pundits are hatefilled violent asshats who want thousands to die. The only pundits I have ever heard call for the death of anyone has been on the lefty side. Like this wonderful person. Had she let it go at Helms getting Aids it's just a pithy insult, but to bring family into it is simply unacceptable. Yet the left does it all the time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msrF1V4NeY]Nina Totenberg on God Giving Jesse Helms Aids - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back