Obama proclaims Irene a "historic" hurricane

That's not even true. Whether or not your property was destroyed had a lot to do with its proximity to the levee breaches.

You don't really understand what happened.

Most of the hardest hit lower lying areas are still largely unoccupied. You're an ignorant fuck.

That's why the levee system is there you idiot. It's nearly all below sea level.

And yes some areas were abandoned because some people unlike you actually have a clue. Nearly all of New Orleans is below sea level twit.

Its 55% below sea level. That's not "nearly all" dufus,. The level above the sea isn't even what matters, its your elevation relative to the storm surge that matters. This is why Miami is at greater risk for devastation if a major hurricane hits. Its above sea level but right next to the fucking ocean. The coastline of the Dead Sea, hundreds of feet below sea level, on the other hand, far better protected from hurricanes.

But I know you only want the dumbed down version of reality that the media hands you.

BTW, Katrina didn't flood where I live dickhead.

Your city is so stupid they are rebuilding the levee system only to cat 3 standards. So when a cat 4 hits who ya gonna blame then? Basically asking for deaths. Eventually it will happen again, maybe then you fools will learn your lesson. Although some of your smarter residents already have. We got a huge influx of new residents after the hurricane.

We got a huge influx of new residents after the hurricane.

ugh... so did the Houston area.... man, I dont care what anybody says, there was a crapload of rif raf that showed up here, and we payed dearly.
There were some very decent folks also, but sadly they were overshadowed by the bad apples.

But then again,

New Orleans was one of those Democrat paradises right???

This was a tough hurricane for the Republicans. In an ideal situation, thousands would have been killed and they could have crucified Obama for being unprepared

Now all they have is that Government at all levels did an excellent job of preparation and the hurricane was not as bad as feared. All they have now is accusing Obama of preparing too much

I see a SITTING PRESIDENT Fear mongering before a Hurricane. You are the one that has blinders on.

And what of all the Governors and Mayors of the affected areas who were doing the same fear mongering....were they in on it?

yes :tinfoil

:scared1:

I knew my slime ball Governor, former republican darling Chris Christie was in on it with Obama. Christies evacuated a million people and shut down major highways...he even closed Atlantic City

This was a tough hurricane for the Republicans. In an ideal situation, thousands would have been killed and they could have crucified Obama for being unprepared

Now all they have is that Government at all levels did an excellent job of preparation and the hurricane was not as bad as feared. All they have now is accusing Obama of preparing too much

An excellent job of preparation? Seriously? FEMA didn't send out ONE search and rescue crew. They were ALL local and state. Amazing how you'll lay down for the Messiah. One preped one, WAS GOLFING.

The media should just ignore every storm until after the damage has occurred. That's the rightie way afterall - 20/20 hindsight, and fuck foresight because if you can't be 100% accurate there's no point.

How Presidential is a buffoon that announces BEFORE the hurricane ever makes any landfall, that it is Historic? All he is doing is promoting hysteria and fear. Hurricanes historically weaken at certain points. And they do not always regain strength later. It was only a Cat 3 and is now a Cat 2. Probably a Cat 1 after it passes the Outer Banks. The only thing historic about it is our President is fear mongering by using it, probably in hopes of being seen as a savior afterwards.

Instead he is likely to be seen the fool.

Ravi's defense of this ass? ohh he only said it MIGHT be historic. He only fear mongered a little not a lot.

:rolleyes:

One storm raking the eastern seaboard from Florida to NH is historic. I'm sure the dead people would agree.

I'm sorry that more people didn't die to suit your agenda, fucktard.

An excellent job of preparation? Seriously? FEMA didn't send out ONE search and rescue crew. They were ALL local and state. Amazing how you'll lay down for the Messiah. One preped one, WAS GOLFING.

Damn....sucks for you doesn't it?

You had Obama all set up and nothing happened. Just think of the anti- Obama threads you could have had if thousands were killed?

Obama REALLY BELIEVES he and his Presidency are HISTORIC.. the lame stream media has fed him that so much...So he thinks everything he touches IS HISTORIC.:lol:

The only political group that has ever made a habit of profitting from disasters is the Democratic party. I hate to admit as I am one, but it is a fact.

Obama REALLY BELIEVES he and his Presidency are HISTORIC.. the lame stream media has fed him that so much...So he thinks everything he touches IS HISTORIC.:lol:

His regime is historic. It is historic that a half black was elected. It was a good thing that a black man was elected. And, sadly it will end up a historic failure of a presidency.

Everytime I think that certain Rightie posters can't get any lower and be any sillier in what they whine about, along comes someone like the OP to prove me wrong.

For the record you have been owned in this thread, but that won't stop you will it?

It can't be historic until it's over, done... no more to it. Please, continue to disagree.

You had Obama all set up and nothing happened. Just think of the anti- Obama threads you could have had if thousands were killed?

I've never hear a Republican pray for the death of anyone. For all the liberal pundits claim that rightwing pundits are violent assholes the only ones I've ever heard call for someone's death has been from the left. This is just one of many lefties calling for death and destruction. What was interesting is it was aired on MSNBC for everyone to see.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4efVTFIkpss]MSNBC reports its time for a revolution, a violent one possibly - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting how his approval rating goes down and his disapproval rating goes up…

Hey RW, you’re on to something, keep it up buddy! You are helping driving the liberal base away from Obama, thanks!

I've never been more sick of hearing the word HISTORIC about this administration.

It's been historic this, historic that. The Obama himself is HISTORIC...we should all give thanks or something.

it's gag worthy now..

And what of all the Governors and Mayors of the affected areas who were doing the same fear mongering....were they in on it?

yes :tinfoil

:scared1:

I knew my slime ball Governor, former republican darling Chris Christie was in on it with Obama. Christies evacuated a million people and shut down major highways...he even closed Atlantic City

You are spot on with this one RW... Christie did it for clearly political reasons, and I hate to say it but will cost him.

He hasnt impressed me of late.

Not true at all! I still remember, shortly before the 2008 POTUS Election, when a bunch of Sara Palin/John McCain fans carrying a bunch of stuffed monkeys began yelling "off with his head", about Barack Obama. As a liberal, I'm no fan of his, because of the crap that he's pulled since taking office, but the kind of actions and behaviors mentioned above were totally out of bounds...and unacceptable.

Forum List

Back