Obama Plans $450 Million Cash For Egypt

Do you people realize that Obama has just made Carter look like a responsible statesman in COMPARISON!

Carter froze the assets!

Obama is going to open the floodgates!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/w...450-million-in-aid-meets-resistance.html?_r=0

Read it all yourself. I don't have the stomach to quote from it.

You should see how the Drudge Report has it:

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
images
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]OBAMA PLANS $450 MILLION CASH FOR EGYPT [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7] [/SIZE][/FONT]

What I find interesting is, in the comments section for the NY Times article, it looks like even the liberal readers of the NY Times are outraged SO THEY CLOSED THE COMMENTS SECTION FOR THIS ARTICLE.

Is Obama insane? Is he TRYING TO LOSE THE ELECTION.

Even Carter froze the assets of the Iranians after they took our personnel at the embassy hostage in 1979.

But we have our embassy attacked AND OBAMA WANTS TO REWARD THEM???????????

And then you libs think Obama has this election in the bag?

This is the bonfire of the vanities people, and you libs are dancing on the edge of destruction!

How does he plan on paying for this?

Why the same why he plans on paying for Obamacare... our great grand children's tax dollars. Lord knows it is going to take that long to pay off the rest of the debt he's saddling us with.

Immie

Normal diplomatic relations. You can stop having tat cow anytime.

Are you just an IDIOT!!!!!!

There is NOTHING NORMAL ABOUT REWARDING A COUNTRY THAT ATTACKED OUR EMBASSY!

That's normally called AN ACT OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

(and yes, I know our ambassador was killed in Libya)

This would be like sending Aid to the Japanese after Pearl Harbor.

IT'S NOT NORMAL YOU BRAINLESS CRETIN!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/w...450-million-in-aid-meets-resistance.html?_r=0

Read it all yourself. I don't have the stomach to quote from it.

You should see how the Drudge Report has it:

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
images
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]OBAMA PLANS $450 MILLION CASH FOR EGYPT [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7] [/SIZE][/FONT]

What I find interesting is, in the comments section for the NY Times article, it looks like even the liberal readers of the NY Times are outraged SO THEY CLOSED THE COMMENTS SECTION FOR THIS ARTICLE.

Is Obama insane? Is he TRYING TO LOSE THE ELECTION.

Even Carter froze the assets of the Iranians after they took our personnel at the embassy hostage in 1979.

But we have our embassy attacked AND OBAMA WANTS TO REWARD THEM???????????

And then you libs think Obama has this election in the bag?

This is the bonfire of the vanities people, and you libs are dancing on the edge of destruction!

How does he plan on paying for this?

Why the same why he plans on paying for Obamacare... our great grand children's tax dollars. Lord knows it is going to take that long to pay off the rest of the debt he's saddling us with.

Immie

Oh and Obama will love that. "Getting back at America."

We deserve it, in Obama's mind, don't cha know!

The house are voted it down, not gonna happen unless he does an unconstitutional executive order again, which he probably will.

He wasnt stopped from giving his buddies those green energy loans.

Could someone lend me a half billion with the understanding I can not lose any personal money.

Take out those check books folks...:D

The house are voted it down, not gonna happen unless he does an unconstitutional executive order again, which he probably will.

He wasnt stopped from giving his buddies those green energy loans.

Could someone lend me a half billion with the understanding I can not lose any personal money.

Take out those check books folks...:D

You mean we should just hand over our check books. Obama's going to take it all after the election anyway.

Everyone has to show up and vote Romney, Nov 6.

This insanity HAS TO STOP!

I must have missed the part whe the nation of Egypt attacked us. Got a link?

You don't keep up on current events do you?

U.S. Embassies attacked in Egypt and Libya
U.S. Embassies attacked in Egypt and Libya | WTVR.com

U.S. embassies attacked in Yemen, Egypt after Libya envoy killed
U.S. embassies attacked in Yemen, Egypt after Libya envoy killed | Reuters

Good grief you libs are clueless.

I take that back. You aren't clueless. You just are depending on the liberal media to tell you the truth, and THEY AREN'T.

I mean how could you NOT KNOW that the embassy was also attacked in Egypt. You are depending on news sources that aren't telling you everything.

Open up your world.

There are valid reasons we want to vote out Obama, and it has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin.

Last edited:
some of you are not thinking this through. its how things work in Geo-politics. We are halving what we gave them in the past, its the old carrot and stick, obama has no other play, his rhetoric has failed so the only leverage left is $$$.

I am under no illusions, I don't think it will matter, but its the only play we have, if we cut them off entirely then they have zero reason to talk to us at all, it may not matter in the end but for now its all we got for now.

so we are being blackmailed. Personally I don't give a crap if they talk to us or not. It beats the ugly we see now.

Well he is paying us back, by shooting us with his middle finger. I hope the US isn't dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.

Really?

By pointing out that the US simply does not carry its weight when it comes to development aid?

Because to me that is simply a clear-cut fact - what the hell it has to do with WWII I can't imagine.

Again - the US gives 0.2% GDP per capita. The UN suggests 0.7% and some countries gives 1%.

fuck the UN it's run by despots.

Our beloved Pres. Obama is a very wise and pragmatic man who knows what's best for the nation.

All loyal and patriotic Americans should support whatever he decides is best for us.

Because he exemplifies the best our nation has to offer as a leader. :cool:

How much money per capita do the churches and charitable institutions in Finland give to other countries? We in the US have missionaries in dozens of third world counties providing free food and medical care. George Bush provided BILLIONS to African nations fighting AIDS. The US percentage of support for UNESCO is considerably more than any 10 other countries combined.

Do you only count what is given directly by government to foreign governments?

The stats here are only government statistics, and you are absolutely correct that American citizens and churches give an enormous amount of aid. I do think Americans as individuals are a very generous people, but the fragmented nature of your aid means not all of it is well directed - or even well-intentioned.

Bush stopped American aid workers in Africa handing out condomns to prevent AIDS. Thanks George! That is Reallly Smart!

You are going to learn not to be a smartass if you read the excerpts from this article.

Hundreds of small grass-roots projects are being funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR, alongside higher-profile charities and big state clinics.

Bush launched the $15 billion plan in 2003 to expand prevention, treatment and support programs in 15 hard-hit countries, 12 of them African, which account for more than half the world's estimated 33 million AIDS infections. The initiative tied in with a World Health Organization campaign to put 3 million people on AIDS drugs by 2005 — a goal it says was reached in 2007.

PEPFAR ambassador Mark Dybul dismisses criticism that the funding is too narrowly focused.

"In Africa you can't tackle development goals unless you tackle HIV/AIDS," he says, citing the devastation wreaked on professions like nursing and teaching.
Besides PEPFAR, Bush has launched a five-year, $1.2 billion initiative to cut malaria deaths in 15 African nations by half.

Dybul also says it is unfair to accuse the U.S. of overemphasizing abstinence because PEPFAR is a major supplier of condoms to the targeted African countries. For instance, PEPFAR figures show 60 million condoms going to Zambia, 40 million to Rwanda, 145 million to Ethiopia in the past five years.
AIDS battle burnishes Bush's legacy - World news - Africa | NBC News

All Catholic and several other faith based relief organizations did not hand out free condoms in Africa. Bush's organization, PEPFAR most certainly did.

Unlike the present dirtbag we have for a President, George Bush did not order Churches to violate their basic tenets.

Last edited:
Our beloved Pres. Obama is a very wise and pragmatic man who knows what's best for the nation.

All loyal and patriotic Americans should support whatever he decides is best for us.

Because he exemplifies the best our nation has to offer as a leader. :cool:

Damn, I meant to hit quote, and I hit "thanks" by mistake!

I can't wait until election day.

Novembe 6, can't come soon enough!

Aid? We rebuild the whole of Europe after WWII, we protected Europe from the expansion of the Soviet empire during the cold war, which cost us trillions. Where is the gratitude?

I think most Europeans are aware of the role the US played, and are genuinely grateful.

It was a global war, and doens of countries played a role, and my gratitude is not reserved for Americans alone. Australians, Candians and Indians all fought - and it wasn't really their war to fight.

Gratitude towards the US is made harder, though, by the repulsive attitudes American display towards Europe - arrogant, condescensing and solipsistic where those qualities rarely help.

I guess you don't think Bashing America is repulsive to us? Fuck you.

Forum List

Back