Obama Payback for Soros with YOUR Tax Dollars

I think the dumbasses in DC need to start asking us what the fuck we wish to do with OUR money. It's our fucking money not his.

Oh boo fucking who. Yet another case of fauxrage.

You people need to quit being such crybabies...seriously.

It does not. You actually believe all water used in processes such as watering your yard even, returns to the water table? Evaporation. (From which, SOME of the H20 returns to earth in the form of precipitation.) Retention. Corn is one of the thirstiest crops there is to grow. Corn kernels RETAIN water. Then the millions of gallons of water used for the refining process is unusable for anything else afterword.

It's stupid, it's a boondoggle, the resulting fuel isn't near as efficient, and pollutes MORE.
The corn is dried the water evaporates and returns the the cycle.
Same with water used in making plaster, cements and concrete.
It doesn't ALL return. You know that. You're simply dishonest, trying to somehow defend the most idiotic fuel debacle mankind has ever envisioned.

The process water at the distillery where ethanol is made, is useless, cannot be returned to the ground, must be boiled off to atmosphere.... Emitting the #1 greenhouse gas in the process.

A small percentage of this precipitates back to earth. Very small. The 1200 gallons figure is AFTER any reclamation is done and assumes known laws of precipitation. It's the actual, lost water.
After some quick research to confirm what I know from experience
I have concluded you are making up your facts.

The concerns of water in refining is limited to supply and not contamination. the strain substantially more onerous in the growing phase.
The growing phase has concerns about fertilizers and ground water.

I Own and operated a small still, I do not take the final step to anhydrate the ethanol as I intend to drink it.
if I wished I could cook of the entire batch, not capture the distillate and let it evaporate out the top of the cooling tower into water vapor and about 15% volatile gases (Butane acetone benzene kerosene methyal etc based on boiling point )which break down naturally.
Those are by products of the sugars added to made the alcohol, not by products of water the water return to water after processing through the kidneys or evaporation.

The alcohol is urine from yeast that converts the sugar in the mash., you remove the alcohol through the distillation process as alcohol boils at a lower temp that water. leaving the water behind or you can boil the water off into vapor.

No matter how good of a deal it is....if there is a hint of conflict of interest, (which undeniably there is) They need to back off. This just reeks of a payback. Just like the second stimulus bill paying back the unions.

If that is your yardstick, then pretty much everything the government does will look like a conflict of interest.

To repeat - a $2 billion loan to a company with a $156 billion balance sheet that can easily tap the credit markets is inconsequential to the stock price. There is no quid pro quo. There is no payoff.
I understand your position, but with Soros involved I feel there is a quip pro quo. I don't trust our government, and I certainly don't trust a man that has given millions of dolllars to a party and not expecting a return at some point.

And would you have a problem with a billionaire supporting a party you agreed with under similar circumstances, like Richard Mellon Scaife?

If that is your yardstick, then pretty much everything the government does will look like a conflict of interest.

To repeat - a $2 billion loan to a company with a $156 billion balance sheet that can easily tap the credit markets is inconsequential to the stock price. There is no quid pro quo. There is no payoff.
I understand your position, but with Soros involved I feel there is a quip pro quo. I don't trust our government, and I certainly don't trust a man that has given millions of dolllars to a party and not expecting a return at some point.

And would you have a problem with a billionaire supporting a party you agreed with under similar circumstances, like Richard Mellon Scaife?

I don't have a party. Like I said, I don't trust government, one of the many reasons is just what you and I have stated.

For one thing, Obama has never "refused to allow" drilling in the U.S. His argument has always been that offshore drilling must be part of an expanded program for energy requirements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJv5qLsLYoo]YouTube - Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)[/ame]

That's the problem. All that matters to you people is how it "looks" (a' la the headlines), and you're off and running with yet another bunch of misinformation to spew.
Yes, we American people are annoying to you budding facists aern't we.

Your asshole paymaster is not going to sneak this payoff to his cashcow puppetmaster without everyone knowing about it.

Get used to it, we AMERICANS have had enough of people like YOU who support and excuse back room political payoffs using the taxpayer's money.

That's the problem. All that matters to you people is how it "looks" (a' la the headlines), and you're off and running with yet another bunch of misinformation to spew.

Your asshole paymaster is not going to sneak this payoff to his cashcow puppetmaster without everyone knowing about it.

Get used to it, we AMERICANS have had enough of people like YOU who support and excuse back room political payoffs using the taxpayer's money.
:doubt: Fascists? Back room pay-offs? By the bi-partisan board of the bank? Exxon and the Chinese are also investing in this and Brazil is a country we have good relationships with. You are doing what you keep accusing others of doing, again.

The obamaloonies don't want to hear about the corrupt non citizen commie that they put into office!! They want to talk about an ex governor!!! Lol dickheads!!!

It does not. You actually believe all water used in processes such as watering your yard even, returns to the water table? Evaporation. (From which, SOME of the H20 returns to earth in the form of precipitation.) Retention. Corn is one of the thirstiest crops there is to grow. Corn kernels RETAIN water. Then the millions of gallons of water used for the refining process is unusable for anything else afterword.

It's stupid, it's a boondoggle, the resulting fuel isn't near as efficient, and pollutes MORE.

I thought we were talking about sugar. That's what Brazil uses for its ethanol, not corn.
Sugar beets. And that's worse than corn. Brazil plows up rain forests, you dumbass, to grow sugar beets for ethanol production.

You're both stupid and dishonest, actually trying to defend ethanol, especially where Brazil is concerned. What do they need oil for, again? Enlighten us.
I don't think Senator Grassley thinks so.
You're right, you don't think. And Grassley is just like any other politician, he's for anything that lines the pockets of himself and his special interests, no matter how bad it is.
However, corn production for fuel has been going on for about four years now, and I haven't read any horror stories yet about starving children. The edible corn on the cob in my local supermarkets is about the same price as it has been year in and year out, depending on the season, and it's readily available.
Complete strawman argument. Corn for ethanol hasn't gobbled up a significant amount of US acreage yet. Hopefully it never will.

You are simply wrong about Brazil. They use SUGAR CANE to produce biofuel.

Ethanol fuel in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brazil is considered to have the world's first sustainable biofuels economy and the biofuel industry leader,[4][5][6][7] a policy model for other countries; and its sugarcane ethanol "the most successful alternative fuel to date."[8]

As for your usual strawman accusation, I was responding to whomever posted some ridiculous comment that growing corn for ethanol means children will starve. Idiot. Don't start in on me again.

No matter how you dice it...it doesn't look very good.

After consistently opposing drilling for oil and gas, Barack Obama ultimately decided to literally buy into off-shore drilling and has committed billions of U.S. taxpayer’s dollars to the cause.
While this may seem like a good thing considering the immense and rising percentage of crude the U.S. is forced to float across the oceans in foreign-flagged ships from the Middle East through pirate-infested regions, there is a problem.
Turns out Obama is going to lend billions of taxpayer’s deficit dollars to Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro.

In all due respect, this appears to be utter disingenuous bullshit. The President of the United States does not approve loans from the Export-Import Bank.

The author appears to be either an idiot or a liar. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's an idiot.

Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development
Background on Ex-Im Bank:

* The Export-Import Bank of the United States’ (Ex-Im Bank) mission is to help create and sustain jobs for American workers. The Bank does this at no cost to the American taxpayer; in the past sixteen years the Bank has netted the American people $4.9 billion and the jobs those exports have supported.
* More than 80% of Bank authorizations during the last fiscal year directly benefited small businesses.

Charges and facts:

Charge: The U.S. government is giving away more than $2 billion in taxpayer dollars to Brazil’s largest oil and gas company to drill for oil in Brazil.

Fact: The Bank has approved a preliminary commitment to lend up to $2 billion to Petrobras for the purchase of American-made goods and services. The funds will go to American exporters as payment for their sales to the company. Of note, the Bank is self-sustaining and no taxpayer dollars are involved.

Charge: The loans to Petrobras represent a giveaway of U.S. tax dollars.

Fact: The Bank’s activities do not cost the American taxpayer a dime. In fact, since 1992 the American people netted more than $4.9 billion and the jobs those exports created.

Charge: America is exporting jobs to Brazil as a result of the loans.

Fact: Only American made goods and services qualify for Ex-Im Bank loans or guarantees. This is the government doing what it's supposed to do - helping to create U.S. jobs, making sure that Americans get a fair shot at selling goods and services, and helping American workers compete on a level playing field against foreign competition.

Charge: The loan to Petrobras represents a reversal of the Obama Administration’s policies on off-shore drilling.

Fact: The Bank’s bipartisan Board unanimously approved the preliminary commitment to Petrobras on April 14, 2009, before any Obama appointees joined the Bank. In fact, at the time the Bank’s Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by George W. Bush.

Read Chairman Hochberg's Letter to the Editor that appeared in the August 21, 2009 editions of the Wall Street Journal.

Ex-Im Bank :: Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development

Letter to the Editor, Wall Street Journal
Brazil Loan Helps U.S. Manufacturers

Your editorial "Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling" (Aug. 18) more correctly should have read, "Obama Underwrites U.S. Jobs." That's because the mandate of the Export-Import Bank of the U.S. (Ex-Im Bank) is to help create and sustain U.S. jobs by financing U.S. exports. Our offer to provide financing to Brazil's state-owned oil company Petrobras does exactly that.

That's what is behind our decision to offer at least $2 billion in loans or loan guarantees to help finance purchases of U.S. goods and services by Petrobras. This increases the likelihood that American—not foreign—
workers will be employed to satisfy part of the company's planned $175 billion investment during the next five years.

Ex-Im Bank does not make U.S. policy. In fact, our charter prohibits us from turning down financing for either nonfinancial or noncommercial reasons, except in rare circumstances including failure to meet our environmental standards.

We make no grants. The vast majority of our financing consists of guarantees of loans made by commercial lenders, not Ex-Im Bank direct loans. The foreign buyers that use Ex-Im Bank products pay us in full. Over the past 16 years the fees that we collect have netted American taxpayers more than $4.9 billion plus the jobs those exports have created. Thanks to the fees we charge, the bank is self-sustaining and does not receive any appropriated funds from Congress.

At a time when jobs, and exports, are more important than ever in helping our economy recover, Ex-Im Bank is achieving its mission to keep Americans working, and we're doing it without burdening the U.S. taxpayer.

Fred P. Hochberg
Chairman and President
Export-Import Bank of the U.S
Washington

Printed in The Wall Street Journal, page A12, August 21, 2009

Ex-Im Bank :: Brazil Loan Helps U.S. Manufacturers

Thanks for doing the research. It's a keeper.

Or T. Boone Pickens, who sucks up to any administration to get what he wants?

Or T. Boone Pickens, who sucks up to any administration to get what he wants?

And the government is who you put your trust in?

Whatever. Bring it on, and we'll see who the real AMERICANS are.

You are simply wrong about Brazil. They use SUGAR CANE to produce biofuel.

Ethanol fuel in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brazil is considered to have the world's first sustainable biofuels economy and the biofuel industry leader,[4][5][6][7] a policy model for other countries; and its sugarcane ethanol "the most successful alternative fuel to date."[8]

As for your usual strawman accusation, I was responding to whomever posted some ridiculous comment that growing corn for ethanol means children will starve. Idiot. Don't start in on me again.

Corn is used in ethanol in the US. In Brazil, they use sugar cane. About a half of all sugar production in Brazil goes into ethanol production.

In a global economy, it most certainly does. Brazil is also the country whose economy has been thriving in part by its investment in sugar cane as an alternative fuel. The U.S. needs to learn their technology.

thScarface1.jpg
~BH

Is that supposed to mean something, child?

I think your too braindead to figure it out yuh mental case. ~BH

Whatever. Bring it on, and we'll see who the real AMERICANS are.

And Maggie? You want to tell us whom the "Real Americans" are?

And if you foist anything that touts government intrusion, or a Statist, view...Consider yourself Ignored.

Don't Disappoint.

Forum List

Back