Obama not going to compromise

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
This is exactly what I expected after the last 4 years. I say let it happen. I say the Republicans need to hold their ground and fight back. Obama plans to not compromise and then when the S#!& hits the fan to blame Republicans for not compromising. It is the last 4 years all over again and the end results will be the same. Republicans also need to not raise the debt ceiling. They should have learned over the past 4 years that Democrats are fine with not passing a budget and allowing the normal hikes in spending to occur. The Republicans should put the message out now and make it clear to the President and the Senate that the debt ceiling will not be raised and a balanced budget needs to be written to prevent disaster.

Obama Prepares to Jump the Cliff | Fox News

Why did anyone believe for one iota of a second that he was going to keep his word? Based on what? His past record? We shall now reap what others sowed for us.

Last edited:
Go go go, Fiscal Cliff!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z88U915uq8]Thelma & Louise:Ending Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Obama doesn't give a shit about America - only his constiuancy. I agree that the republicans should be absolutely intractable about raising the debt ceiling. Sooner or later the shit will hit the fan - better sooner. Liberals need to feel some real fiscal pain, and maybe then they will understand the consequences of too much spending. It amazes me why spending more money than what you have is such an enigma:confused:

Why should Obama compromise?

He holds all the cards

If he does nothing the Bush tax cuts expire and we get automatic spending cuts across the board. More revenue in and less money spent...that is how you balance a budget

Obama has already offered a tax compromise to save tax cuts for the middle class

If Republicans want to save some of their cherished programs, they had better be prepared to compromise

Obama doesn't give a shit about America - only his constiuancy. I agree that the republicans should be absolutely intractable about raising the debt ceiling. Sooner or later the shit will hit the fan - better sooner. Liberals need to feel some real fiscal pain, and maybe then they will understand the consequences of too much spending. It amazes me why spending more money than what you have is such an enigma:confused:

Hard to fathom how the results of spending more than one has is not easily understood.

I am all for the fiscal cliff.

I think it would be absolutely great.

Obama has pen in hand ready to approve continuing tax cuts for the middle class. Republicans won't compromise

Who will be blamed if the increases go through?

Even with raising the taxes on the rich, the revenue gained from that will still leave a trillion dollar deficit next year. You lefties have been duped and too damn stupid to figure it out. Oh I know, you won, just to prove it was party above country all along.

Obama has pen in hand ready to approve continuing tax cuts for the middle class. Republicans won't compromise

Who will be blamed if the increases go through?
Entitlements are the biggest drivers of the deficit/debt - they need to be cut substantially, and cut now! Nothing else amounts to shit. Is it really that hard for you lefties to think with your heads, and not with your hearts. Or our you trying to bankrupt the country?

Even with raising the taxes on the rich, the revenue gained from that will still leave a trillion dollar deficit next year. You lefties have been duped and too damn stupid to figure it out. Oh I know, you won, just to prove it was party above country all along.

Thats what I dont get. Why didnt Romney drum that point home...especially during the debates. Obama continually talked about how his plan to raise taxes on thew wealthy will increase revenue by oine trillion dollars. Most people NOT in tuned to everyday politics were not aware that he meant "over 10 years"...and you know damned well that Obama KNEW they did not realize that.

80 Billion dollars is going to do nothing to control the increasing debt seeing as we will STILL be running on a 1.1 Trillion dollar annual deficit..

Today he said that "taking in that extra revenue will make doing the rest easier" (paraphrased)

Exactly how does taking care of 10% of the problem make getting rid of the other 90% easier?

It is easy to raise taxes........it is a hell of a lot more difficult to take away entitlements.

An example of when a win is a loss.

So President Obama isn't doing exactly as the Republicans demand, therefore he's "not compromising".

Same old story.

lol.....seems you arent paying attention.

What Obama wants is ONLY HIS way first....and then he is willing to CONSIDER compromising.

In other woirds...he is saying...give me what I want in writing, and you have my word I will consider what you want down the road.

You call that compromising?

Forum List

Back