Obama Never Ordered Anyone to Give Contraception for Free

Just one clarification here folks. Obama never ordered insurance companies to give contraception to people for free. He ordered that, like an annual physical, it be included in the benefits that they pay for. If they don't pay their premiums, they don't get any benefits - including bc.

Was it a mistake? Of course. But let's at least get the mistake he made right, folks.

funny... that's not what he said in this video. Check out from 1:35...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-0U6G6HB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
The insurance company... not the hospital, not the charity... will be required to reach out and offer the woman contraceptive care free of charge... without co-pays, and without hassles.

Care to explain to us again how Obama did NOT say the insurance companies would offer contraceptives to anyone for free?

Information is your friend.

I have an explanation for why he said it, he's an idiot.

Just one clarification here folks. Obama never ordered insurance companies to give contraception to people for free. He ordered that, like an annual physical, it be included in the benefits that they pay for. If they don't pay their premiums, they don't get any benefits - including bc.

Was it a mistake? Of course. But let's at least get the mistake he made right, folks.

I don't understand what everyone is saying is wrong with this post. I've read it twice. Perhaps someone can explain it to me. I myself don't get free insurance, I pay for it so if I was to have contraceptives covered, it still wouldn't be free. How is that wrong?

Honest question.

Compensation that you receive for in exchange for work is never free. It's payment for your work.

Liberals are astounding.

Even after obama says "free of charge" they STILL don't believe him.

You can tell how badly the Right lost on this whole incident by how angry and bitter their rhetoric has gotten.

yeah yeah, you can love yourself a dictator..but the ones losing is the American People.
the man is tearing us apart little by little

oh bullshit.

Ah the usual whackjob response. Address nothing and well, really stupid. In that case, I guess I'll go to one of those insurance companies and even though I'm not a member or paying premiums, demand a bunch of free bc!

Or wait - are you saying that calling the move a political mistake is bullshet? I thought it was a pretty stupid thig to do, myself.

Keep talking stupid,, but me? I'm going to believe what I heard. He ordered a new rule saying that insurance companies would provide these things "free" and "with no hassle." suck it up your dick tater has spoken.

so Obama never "Ordered"

can you believe this folks, what gives Obama the right to.....ORDER anything.

this better be a huge wake up for people

Obama said insurance companies would offer it for free pure and simple!

BUT there is no such thing as a free lunch!

At some point to MAKE sure the purity of premiums would not be used to pay for contraceptives the religious employer paying the premiums MUST demand the
insurance company set up a totally independent of parent company insurance company solely accepting premiums for them!
And that This separate company get absolutely NO subsidy from parent company that did provide as part of premiums contraceptives!

That's the ONLY way because as it is now religious employer pays a premium BUT
part of the premium will be used by company to buy contraceptives offered for free
and that would violate the religious employer premium payer!

You can tell how badly the Right lost on this whole incident by how angry and bitter their rhetoric has gotten.

Actually dip..Democrats folded when announcing they were changing the rules after announcing the rule change.

I don't understand what everyone is saying is wrong with this post. I've read it twice. Perhaps someone can explain it to me. I myself don't get free insurance, I pay for it so if I was to have contraceptives covered, it still wouldn't be free. How is that wrong?

Honest question.

Because DependntIllogical is trying to clean up what Obama said, which is that insurers will provide it free of charge. Since Obamacare requires all employers to provide insurance, and all individuals are required to buy it, there is not wiggle room by claiming no one gets it unless they pay their premiums.

Funny, I use the fact that Obama had no answer to a reporter's question about the issue other than "Come on guys" as an indicator that the right won. Add in the fact that Obama actually backed away from the original position, despite your idiotic argument that it is not a 1st Amendment issue, as more proof. Add in the fact that Biden thought it was wrong, and that one Democratic Senator actually co sponsored a bill to overrule the regulation, calling it un American in a letter he sent to Obama, and I think your side crashed and burned.

bitter rhetoric like this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/207554-obama-never-ordered-anyone-to-give-contraception-for-free.html#post4796416
The insurance company... not the hospital, not the charity... will be required to reach out and offer the woman contraceptive care free of charge... without co-pays, and without hassles.

Geez I know the way they reported it was confusing but I really thought there would be at least ONE ConservaRepubLitarian smart enough to figure it out.
Me and my employees all get generic drugs at no cost (or "free") through our plan. Or we have to pay extra for the brand name.
But we still have to pay for the insurance.
If an employee of the Catholic University or whatever doesn't join the insurance plan, guess what? No free BC. What do they have to do if they join? PAY PREMIUMS.

Do I get the generic drugs free? No. They are part of what I pay for with my insurance premium. Same with birth control through the insurance companies.

Or is it the contention of one of the whackjobs here, that someone doesn't have to be a premium paying member of the plan to get the benefit (bc)?

Seriously, the sheer stupidity which results from party affiliation is laughable sometimes.

Geez I know the way they reported it was confusing but I really thought there would be at least ONE ConservaRepubLitarian smart enough to figure it out.
Me and my employees all get generic drugs at no cost (or "free") through our plan. Or we have to pay extra for the brand name.
If an employee of the Catholic University or whatever doesn't join the insurance plan, guess what? No free BC. What do they have to do if they join? PAY PREMIUMS.

Do I get the generic drugs free? No. They are part of what I pay for with my insurance premium. Same with birth control through the insurance companies.

Or is it the contention of one of the whackjobs here, that someone doesn't have to be a premium paying member of the plan to get the benefit (bc)?

Seriously, the sheer stupidity which results from party affiliation is laughable sometimes.

did you SEE the video I posted? Where Obama himself said the insurance companies would be required to offer contraceptive services at no cost?

did you SEE the video I posted? Where Obama himself said the insurance companies would be required to offer contraceptive services at no cost?

Just HOW stupid are people here?!?! Okay, show me where he said they have to offer free to those who don't pay premiums.
Yeah. Buh bye now...

Just HOW stupid are people here?!?! Okay, show me where he said they have to offer free to those who don't pay premiums.
Yeah. Buh bye now...

Did I SAY for those who do not pay premiums, dick-spittle? No, I did not.

Who in here said that people who don't pay premiums can go to X insurance company and get free contraceptive services? What post number?

Forum List

Back