Obama: More federal debt that GWB

Given that the Dems passed, and The Obama signed the FY2009 budget, there's no way for you or anyone else to honestly argue that FY2009 spending, and thus, deficit, was not His responsibility.
i'll ask you what quantum asked me, what was in the 2009 budget signed by obama, and why did bush ALREADY sign appropriation bills for the fiscal 2009 budget?

And WHY did the Statist Democrats that owned the Congress allow it?
they had no choice, we were in a crisis.....shoot, Bush had no choice for the most part either....

Really?

Posted: 3/12/2009
President Barack Obama has signed the FY 2009 federal budget into law, representing final action on the budget for the current fiscal year. The budget adds new targeted and mainstream resources to prevent and end homelessness in the nation.
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans - President Obama Signs FY 2009 Budget into Law

:eusa_whistle:

Good luck on connecting him with reality.
Yes and the 2009 fiscal year started in 2010.
No, it didn't. The Federal government fiscal year starts on 1 October of the previous calendar year.

and i am not saying obama hasn't added to the debt....from fiscal year 2010, when he wrote the budget that began oct 1 2009, and onward, is ALL on president Obama....

but before that, it was reactions that any new CEO had to take that was initiated already....

no new CEO of a corporation hired to replace the previous CEO is blame for the corporation's business for a minimum of a year....things are in motion already....a new guy walking in can't just wiggle their nose like Bewitched and change things instantly....

shoot, you all blamed 9/11 on clinton and not bush, and this was 9 months in to his presidency....

and i am not saying obama hasn't added to the debt....from fiscal year 2010, when he wrote the budget that began oct 1 2009, and onward, is ALL on president Obama....

but before that, it was reactions that any new CEO had to take that was initiated already....

no new CEO of a corporation hired to replace the previous CEO is blame for the corporation's business for a minimum of a year....things are in motion already....a new guy walking in can't just wiggle their nose like Bewitched and change things instantly....

shoot, you all blamed 9/11 on clinton and not bush, and this was 9 months in to his presidency....

Obama isn't a CEO of a PRIVATE Company...he is supposed to be the Leader of the FREE WORLD and liberty and has betrayed it.

Obama isn't a CEO of a PRIVATE Company...he is supposed to be the Leader of the FREE WORLD and liberty and has betrayed it.
swoosh......over your head I suppose.... or you are just playing with me.... :(

swoosh......over your head I suppose.... or you are just playing with me.... :(

YOU confuse a private-sector CEO with a political LEADER of a free world...there's nothing to go over my head whatsoever.

President bush did the 2009 budget and sent it to congress, as every president does every single year. And every year congress takes the President's budget and appropriates accordingly..
Given that the Dems passed, and The Obama signed the FY2009 budget, there's no way for you or anyone else to honestly argue that FY2009 spending, and thus, deficit, was not His responsibility.
i'll ask you what quantum asked me, what was in the 2009 budget signed by obama, and why did bush ALREADY sign appropriation bills for the fiscal 2009 budget?
Not seeing your point.
Did The Obama sign the budget that the Dems sent him, or not?

Not seeing your point.
Did The Obama sign the budget that the Dems sent him, or not?

And has he signed any other since he and the Congress are by LAW supposed to come up with a budget? (The Ones that Dingy Harry Reid is sitting on to make Republicans look bad) :eusa_whistle:

And WHY we are at it? How many Presidents in HISTORY have presided over a SINGLE downgrade in credit on the 'Full FAITH AND CREDIT' of the US Gubmint?

Obama might as well be pissing in the wind for himself to be re-elected...and it's HIS FAULT wholly.

President bush did the 2009 budget and sent it to congress, as every president does every single year. And every year congress takes the President's budget and appropriates accordingly....they, congress always comes in to the realm of what the President budget requests, they usually do not go over the Budget of the President. they may spend less in one area and more in another area, but in general congress does not spend much more than what the president has requested....is what I have read on it....if congress went nilly willy and did whatever they wanted then there would be NO NEED EVER for "the President's Budget" to be required each and every year....it is congress's guideline.

On a changing of hands, the new president can change some things....like the first year President bush took office, he ADDED to President clinton's budget, but guess what Meister...it was STILL president clinton's budget....do you know why? Because the new President bush did NOT CREATE the Budget, clinton did and President Bush's first budget that he was responsible for, began on October 1, 2001, NOT January 20 2001.....

President Obama's first budget, that he created was for fiscal year 2010, which began on October 1, 2009.

You can not give President bush only 7 years of budget responsibility and give Obama 9 years of it or 5 years of it.

President bush's 8 years ran from October 1 2001 through september 30, 2009.....that's just FACT meister, it really is just fact.

sure you can say Obama signed President bush's budget in March of 2009 that had began 6 months earlier and blame all of the huge bail out spending that occurred under President bush, but truly, you are wrong to do such. clington would have had an even larger surplus for the 2001 budget, but president bush went in and gave tax cuts and a $300 dollar check to each of us that august of 2001, and also, 9/11 occurred under president Clinton's budget, where bush bailed out the airlines in New York and funded the clean up of 9/11, falling in to clinton's budget...but guess what, as said, IT WAS CLINTON'S budget and clinton is the one that get's credited with that budget...it's just how it works Meister.

And I might add, look at what president bush's budget was for 2009 and see how much he was spending, and that's without the 2008 bail outs that were not in his budget.

I just disagree with ya on that Meister....trying to pin 5 years of a budget for a 4 year term on to Obama...it's simply not right nor just nor fair imho.

What makes you think the budget signed by Obama started out as the one submitted by Bush? After all, the budget Obama submitted last year got exactly 0 votes, yet he still signed a bunch of budget resolutions, and the government kept spending money.
it wasn't.....Bush had already signed the appropriation bills for the funding of 2009 and for the bailouts which came to about $3.5 trillion I believe, with bailouts he appropriated....

What Obama signed in March was not the fiscal year budget for 2009....it was for a stimulus, that President bush recommended and supported....for the most part. And this money was not all used in fiscal 2009 as you ALL KNOW the stimulus was for a 2 year period....so it was not allocated in full in the 2009 budget year....

but go ahead, lie to yourself about this fiscal 2009 being all on Obama....but it won't work for those of us who understand the process.

Bush’s Huge Budget Numbers Blamed on Obama

Are you trying to be wrong? The Democrats only passed temporary appropriation bills, not a budget bill. The bills Bush signed only allocated funds until April, not the entire year. The reason for that is actually pretty obvious, everyone expected the economy to kick back in really quick, remember the Recovery Summer? By not passing a budget they kept anyone from arguing that anything Bush did helped fix it. That was also the logic behind the ARRA in case you are curious.

If the economy had turned around quickly every Democrat would have stood up and trumpeted the fact that Obama signed the 2009 budget, now they are all trying to blame the fact that it didn't on the budget Bush didn't sign.

What makes you think the budget signed by Obama started out as the one submitted by Bush? After all, the budget Obama submitted last year got exactly 0 votes, yet he still signed a bunch of budget resolutions, and the government kept spending money.
it wasn't.....Bush had already signed the appropriation bills for the funding of 2009 and for the bailouts which came to about $3.5 trillion I believe, with bailouts he appropriated....

What Obama signed in March was not the fiscal year budget for 2009....it was for a stimulus, that President bush recommended and supported....for the most part. And this money was not all used in fiscal 2009 as you ALL KNOW the stimulus was for a 2 year period....so it was not allocated in full in the 2009 budget year....

but go ahead, lie to yourself about this fiscal 2009 being all on Obama....but it won't work for those of us who understand the process.

Are you trying to be wrong? The Democrats only passed temporary appropriation bills, not a budget bill. The bills Bush signed only allocated funds until April, not the entire year. The reason for that is actually pretty obvious, everyone expected the economy to kick back in really quick, remember the Recovery Summer? By not passing a budget they kept anyone from arguing that anything Bush did helped fix it. That was also the logic behind the ARRA in case you are curious.

If the economy had turned around quickly every Democrat would have stood up and trumpeted the fact that Obama signed the 2009 budget, now they are all trying to blame the fact that it didn't on the budget Bush didn't sign.

It's amazing how little you grasp recent history.

Feel free to link to where Congress passed the budget in 2008 if I am wrong.

Interesting link to the 2008 budget (passed in 2007): U.S. Congress passes $2.9 trillion 2008 budget | Reuters

Here's one for 2010 (passed in 2009): Congress passes $3.55 trillion budget outline - Apr. 2, 2009

But for 2009 (in June of 2008) it LOOKS like they passed a "resolution:" Congress Passes Fiscal 2009 Budget Resolution | Traumatic Brain Injury | Brain Injury Blog | Traumatic Brain Injury TBI

Safe to assume this is what you were referencing QW?

Interesting link to the 2008 budget (passed in 2007): U.S. Congress passes $2.9 trillion 2008 budget | Reuters

Here's one for 2010 (passed in 2009): Congress passes $3.55 trillion budget outline - Apr. 2, 2009

But for 2009 (in June of 2008) it LOOKS like they passed a "resolution:" Congress Passes Fiscal 2009 Budget Resolution | Traumatic Brain Injury | Brain Injury Blog | Traumatic Brain Injury TBI

Safe to assume this is what you were referencing QW?

To be precise, this is what I am referring to.

The Democrats’ budget resolution calls for $24.5 billion more in discretionary spending than the $991.6 billion President Bush requested. Bush has threatened to veto bills that exceed his target, but Democrats may wait for him to leave office before completing work on these bills.

Forum List

Back