Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S.

The carrier deal has nothing to do with the Feds .

Pence and his red state government gave them a seeetheart deal . Which they could've done at any time .

Do people not realize that Trump ain't the prez yet !? He can't make deals.

And yet, the jobs stayed.
I'm betting the people who hold those jobs really don't care how, or why, they are staying in IN.
If the government gave you a bunch of money to do something they didn't really need you to do... would you care?
Hhmm, hard to say, they never offered and I never asked. How about you?
Your comment that I quoted implies that you wouldn't care. Is that true?
Actually, I would care about your thoughts and response, otherwise I wouldn't ask. Unfortunately, most people don't bother to open the dialog, so there is little additional information to process.

Liberal mindset - We demand $15 an hour to flip burgers, but lets ship our air conditioning skill set to Mexico for $3 an hour. The war on Hispanics.
Conservatives used to fight liberals on their stupid fiscal bullshit. If you cons are going to go populist on us now, then we're doomed as a nation.

It's becoming obvious Liberals pretended to represent the middle class merely for votes. Trump has delivered to the middle class and hasn't taken office yet. Obama must feel pretty stupid right now. What next, Obama is going to blame FoxNews? Oh wait, he actually did.
Fuckin' A. There's no point in talking to you is there? :rolleyes:

1. Choosing one particular American to do a job at a reasonable rate opposed to other Americans who might do the job slightly less, is not equal to importing a non-American to undercut them all.

Your attempt to conflate two very different scenarios fails.

My point stands.

Just because it is not a high tech job, there is nothing wrong with that man making a living doing landscaping.

There is little to be gained, and much to be lost by flooding the landscaping industry with cheap third world labor.

2. Sort of. I mean, I certainly don't want my world rolled over like what happened to the Indians. DO you?

Is he a really good landscaper? Or are you just paying him to mow your lawn and sprinkle some crap on the grass?

Maybe where you live everything is really cheap. Illegals probably don't want to go there so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm not that concerned. I don't want to be bothered.

My point stands.

Just because it is not a high tech job, there is nothing wrong with that man making a living doing landscaping.

There is little to be gained, and much to be lost by flooding the landscaping industry with cheap third world labor.

As a small example.

Liberal mindset - We demand $15 an hour to flip burgers, but lets ship our air conditioning skill set to Mexico for $3 an hour. The war on Hispanics.
Conservatives used to fight liberals on their stupid fiscal bullshit. If you cons are going to go populist on us now, then we're doomed as a nation.

It's becoming obvious Liberals pretended to represent the middle class merely for votes. Trump has delivered to the middle class and hasn't taken office yet. Obama must feel pretty stupid right now. What next, Obama is going to blame FoxNews? Oh wait, he actually did.

You're going down in flames on this thread. What are you even debating? That 1100 middle class Americans keeping their jobs is a bad thing?

The carrier deal has nothing to do with the Feds .

Pence and his red state government gave them a seeetheart deal . Which they could've done at any time .

Do people not realize that Trump ain't the prez yet !? He can't make deals.

BUT do you think that will stop them from claiming Trump did it? Lol...be serious

And yet, the jobs stayed.
I'm betting the people who hold those jobs really don't care how, or why, they are staying in IN.
If the government gave you a bunch of money to do something they didn't really need you to do... would you care?
Hhmm, hard to say, they never offered and I never asked. How about you?
Your comment that I quoted implies that you wouldn't care. Is that true?
Actually, I would care about your thoughts and response, otherwise I wouldn't ask. Unfortunately, most people don't bother to open the dialog, so there is little additional information to process.
I'd care if, like them, the future of my career depended on political whims.

My career is tied in somewhat with the future of healthcare in this country. My job is safe, but I'm a member of groups that are constantly monitoring what the effects of government actions are on my job and others related to it.

If I were one of the 800 people who's jobs were "saved" at Carrier, I'd start looking for new opportunities yesterday.

You're going down in flames on this thread. What are you even debating? That 1100 middle class Americans keeping their jobs is a bad thing?
800. 1200 still being lost. Try to keep up.

Wanting to have a job that pays more than what a starving Haitian thinks is a good wage, is not being "lazy" or "entitled".

If you were fortunate enough to be born in the greatest nation in the world, and a starving Haitian can do your job, then stop dicking around and better yourself. This country was built by people who yearned for more, not ones who wanted to sit on their asses and convince people to settle for less.

Your compassion for your fellow Americans is truly breathtaking.

And your "education" mantra is debunked by the Left's support of High Tech worker visas.

I got a better idea than giving up on all or even most jobs. Lets shut down immigration and let Americans do them.

I have an American who does my landscaping. Is that high tech? NO.

Is there something wrong with an American making a living on doing that, when I'm sure that there is some Third Worlder somewhere willing to do it for less?

I could save a couple of bucks. My American landscaper would be out of a job. The Third World would have a shit job, live in squalor, bring over 5 close relatives who would each bring over 5 close relatives, they would all put other Americans out of work, and fill the schools with kids who can't speak english, some of which would grow up to be criminals, and who would all vote for the politics they are used to, shitty Third World politics, ie Dems.

Or NOT.

If you were fortunate enough to be born in the greatest nation in the world, and a starving Haitian can do your job, then stop dicking around and better yourself. This country was built by people who yearned for more, not ones who wanted to sit on their asses and convince people to settle for less.

I have an American who does my landscaping. Is that high tech? NO. There are other American who can do what he's doing. Why don't you pay them instead? You monster. You must have no compassion.

Is there something wrong with an American making a living on doing that, when I'm sure that there is some Third Worlder somewhere willing to do it for less? There are Americans who will do it for less. Why aren't you paying them? You monster. You must have no compassion.

I could save a couple of bucks. My American landscaper would be out of a job. The Third World would have a shit job, live in squalor, bring over 5 close relatives who would each bring over 5 close relatives, they would all put other Americans out of work, and fill the schools with kids who can't speak english, some of which would grow up to be criminals, and who would all vote for the politics they are used to, shitty Third World politics, ie Dems. You mean like the people who built this nation did? [/QUOTE]

You mean like the people who built this nation did?

They came here legally...what part of legal and illegal dont you get?

1100 remain, idjit.......1100 good paying jobs......suck on it!

And magically, you are for taxpayer subsidies to help unions.

Good for you.

Once again, 7 million ain't shit! State of NY ran national ads for a few years recently stating that if businesses moved there, they wouldn't pay taxes for 10 years. You should've known that already, NY Cabinqueer..........

Thats right and that's the end game in this race to bottom - zero net gain except for corporations that will keep juicing out concessions as far as the eye can see.

Dupes like you and NYCabinqueer pray that fellow Americans continue to fall into poverty in order to become dependent on big and ever-growing Gubmint.
Sorry, the buck stops with Trump and the 'hive' has to end up competing and earning a living. Accept it.
And you slip back into zombie mode because you have no response.

No my fear is not that Trump will make America amazing you idiot. Otherwise I would have supported him like I did during the primaries because the rest of the GOP field was even worse.

My fear is he'll cut regulations in all the wrong places letting people like himself fuck the country again. Remember he profited and bragged about it when America suffered during the housing collapse. And that America will fall behind the world in technology as he attacks education and wages war on imports of materials that literally don't exist in our country.

I'm also worried he'll follow through on his campaign promises to attack minority groups.

And here you are celebrating 800 jobs that could disappear at any moment, when most of the jobs are leaving anyways. Good for the people whose jobs will remain, I hope it's not a deal we'll regret if implemented on a national level.

1100 jobs........you're only off by 300 good paying union jobs. Learn to count.......get it right.

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.
With no guarantees Carrier won't move the rest of the jobs to Mexico in a year from now.

The worst part of this deal is it now sets a precedent for other companies to threaten to relocate to other countries unless they too are paid off.

Trump brags about being such a great deal maker yet this was an awful deal.

And magically, you are for taxpayer subsidies to help unions.

Good for you.

Once again, 7 million ain't shit! State of NY ran national ads for a few years recently stating that if businesses moved there, they wouldn't pay taxes for 10 years. You should've known that already, NY Cabinqueer..........

Thats right and that's the end game in this race to bottom - zero net gain except for corporations that will keep juicing out concessions as far as the eye can see.

Dupes like you and NYCabinqueer pray that fellow Americans continue to fall into poverty in order to become dependent on big and ever-growing Gubmint.
Sorry, the buck stops with Trump and the 'hive' has to end up competing and earning a living. Accept it.

No my fear is not that Trump will make America amazing you idiot. Otherwise I would have supported him like I did during the primaries because the rest of the GOP field was even worse.

My fear is he'll cut regulations in all the wrong places letting people like himself fuck the country again. Remember he profited and bragged about it when America suffered during the housing collapse. And that America will fall behind the world in technology as he attacks education and wages war on imports of materials that literally don't exist in our country.

I'm also worried he'll follow through on his campaign promises to attack minority groups.

And here you are celebrating 800 jobs that could disappear at any moment, when most of the jobs are leaving anyways. Good for the people whose jobs will remain, I hope it's not a deal we'll regret if implemented on a national level.

1100 jobs........you're only off by 300 good paying union jobs. Learn to count.......get it right.

When did conservatives become pro-union?

Oh, gee, look, here's B. Kidd's real opinion of unions:

The REAL reason Republicans want to crush and destroy Unions

61% of Americans favor collective bargaining rights

When a populist anti-globalist conservative gotz elected. Any other questions?

When a populist anti-globalist conservative gotz elected. Any other questions?

lol, IOW you're a Trumpbot cult member, completely controlled by the Master.

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.

Tax dollars well spent so other Americans can have jobs.
We hope. Man, gotta get used to republicans saying things like that

Republicans don't mind paying taxes as long as it isn't wasted on entitlement shit. These people are working for a living.

So you're finally ready to admit that the auto bailouts that saved millions of jobs were a good thing. Glad you're finally coming around.

Carrier isn't going out of business due to a bad product. They were moving jobs to Mexico. Hence, this is not a bailout. Huge difference. WTF is wrong with you Liberals. It's like you guys are stuck on stupid.

The union workers were bailed out, but thanks for fulfilling my prediction that you Trumptards would try to come up with irrelevant distinctions to try to differentiate one bailout from the other.

Now libs are whining about the tax break. Of course, they'd rather spend more tax payer money to pay unemployment, not to mention the decreased revenue because 1,100 people would be out of work. The left still claims Obama created over 2 million jobs after spending nearly a trillion in stimulus. And they thought it was worth every penny. Do the math. This latest is a great deal for the workers and for the state.

upload_2016-12-2_19-0-11.png

"Spending $636 per year over the course of ten years to save a job is chump change. Obama’s stimulus is estimated (by optimistic liberals) to have “saved or created” 2.4 million jobs. If we take their word for it (just for the sake of making the math easy), and consider the $666 billion cost of the stimulus bill (which itself should’ve raised some red flags), that’s a cost to taxpayers of $278,000 per job “saved” or created.

I’ll take Trump’s deals over Obama’s any day of the week."

CNN contributor reaches new level of DUMB with latest Trump diss - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Now libs are whining about the tax break. Of course, they'd rather spend more tax payer money to pay unemployment, not to mention the decreased revenue because 1,100 people would be out of work. The left still claims Obama created over 2 million jobs after spending nearly a trillion in stimulus. And they thought it was worth every penny. Do the math. This latest is a great deal for the workers and for the state.

View attachment 100614

"Spending $636 per year over the course of ten years to save a job is chump change. Obama’s stimulus is estimated (by optimistic liberals) to have “saved or created” 2.4 million jobs. If we take their word for it (just for the sake of making the math easy), and consider the $666 billion cost of the stimulus bill (which itself should’ve raised some red flags), that’s a cost to taxpayers of $278,000 per job “saved” or created.

I’ll take Trump’s deals over Obama’s any day of the week."

CNN contributor reaches new level of DUMB with latest Trump diss - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Well played! :clap::clap:

Funny that libs will still whine about a tax break even though the state will end up with over $10 million more this way and the workers can continue to support their families. I am just not seeing the downside except that government lost some potential dependents. Is that why libs are upset? The numbers prove that the private sector flourishing is the best thing for all of us. Not socialism, which eventually crashes and burns. On the other hand, tax breaks, which is just people keeping more of their money, seems to ensure jobs. Libs need to let go of the notion that government owns all the money and that they let people have it. Government needs to shrink and stop gobbling up people's earnings.

With no guarantees Carrier won't move the rest of the jobs to Mexico in a year from now.

The worst part of this deal is it now sets a precedent for other companies to threaten to relocate to other countries unless they too are paid off.

Consider it a "code word" for signaling his coming focus and seriousness on keeping jobs here.

Consider it a "code word" for signaling his coming focus and seriousness on keeping jobs here.

Half of those jobs are still going to Mexico. Trump, keep your promise. Apply a 35% tariff to everything Carrier imports to the US.

Forum List

Back