Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S.

Well if dog and pony show about 1k jobs impress Trumpsters just wait till he is able to pull off something like this:

JobsChartNovember2016.jpeg
Do you have the stats on how many of those jobs pay a "living wage"? Are they full-time, part-time, or seasonal jobs? How do the added private sector jobs compare to those jobs that were lost?

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.

Tax dollars well spent so other Americans can have jobs.
We hope. Man, gotta get used to republicans saying things like that

Republicans don't mind paying taxes as long as it isn't wasted on entitlement shit. These people are working for a living.

So you're finally ready to admit that the auto bailouts that saved millions of jobs were a good thing. Glad you're finally coming around.
They restructured, changed their business model, and reported record profits last year. Carrier's not changing anything about themselves, they're just getting free shit from the government.

And yet, the jobs stayed.

No. Many Carrier jobs will still go to Mexico. Trump said companies moving jobs to Mexico would face a 35% tariff. When will that tariff start?

Probably some time after he actually takes office.

No. It will never happen. That was another one of his bullshit claims that will never happen.

It's called Change.

I thought you lefties weren't afraid of it?

It's only change if he actually does it.

True. You prepared to deal with it, if it happens? Or you going to play more denial games?

The carrier deal has nothing to do with the Feds .

Pence and his red state government gave them a seeetheart deal . Which they could've done at any time .

Do people not realize that Trump ain't the prez yet !? He can't make deals.

I'm betting the people who hold those jobs really don't care how, or why, they are staying in IN.

Pence and his red state government gave them a seeetheart deal . Which they could've done at any time .

I'm betting the people who hold those jobs really don't care how, or why, they are staying in IN.
If the government gave you a bunch of money to do something they didn't really need you to do... would you care?

No. Many Carrier jobs will still go to Mexico. Trump said companies moving jobs to Mexico would face a 35% tariff. When will that tariff start?

No. It will never happen. That was another one of his bullshit claims that will never happen.

It's called Change.

True. You prepared to deal with it, if it happens? Or you going to play more denial games?

Get back with me when he does all that crap he promised. Things aren't as simple as he seems to think.

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.

Republicans don't mind paying taxes as long as it isn't wasted on entitlement shit. These people are working for a living.
Paying a company to keep jobs that it doesn't need and hurts their bottom line is an entitlement. I hope the people who's jobs were "saved" tell their kids to get an education and learn a skill the is needed in 21st century America so the government doesn't have to step in to support them.

Uh, the jobs were moving to Mexico. They weren't being eliminated due to outdated skill sets. The government isn't supporting them. They government is making the US business friendly so jobs stay here.

It's called Change.

Get back with me when he does all that crap he promised. Things aren't as simple as he seems to think.
If he does all the crap that he promised, we may have to give our lives to save the nation :rofl:

I'm sure they don't . I'm happy for them .

But let's not act like trump just wagged his finger and made things happen .

If the government gave you a bunch of money to do something they didn't really need you to do... would you care?
Hhmm, hard to say, they never offered and I never asked. How about you?

So you're finally ready to admit that the auto bailouts that saved millions of jobs were a good thing. Glad you're finally coming around.

Carrier isn't going out of business due to a bad product. They were moving jobs to Mexico. Hence, this is not a bailout. Huge difference. WTF is wrong with you Liberals. It's like you guys are stuck on stupid.

Paying a company to keep jobs that it doesn't need and hurts their bottom line is an entitlement. I hope the people who's jobs were "saved" tell their kids to get an education and learn a skill the is needed in 21st century America so the government doesn't have to step in to support them.

Uh, the jobs were moving to Mexico. They weren't being eliminated due to outdated skill sets. The government isn't supporting them. They government is making the US business friendly so jobs stay here.
Most of the jobs still are moving to Mexico. The government also made a deal with Carrier in 2011 to keep these jobs. Carrier ended up paying back the money they saved from the "business friendly" deal to ship the jobs away anyways. Which they'll do again in a heartbeat if they see a better opportunity than what the government is offering them.

And of course they are outdated skill sets. There are people willing to do their work for $3 an hour. Time for these people to learn a better skill.

Hhmm, hard to say, they never offered and I never asked. How about you?
Your comment that I quoted implies that you wouldn't care. Is that true?

It's called Change.

I will. And I look forward to what bizarre otheworldly bullshit rationalizations your Thought Leaders give you to ignore the results.

SO that I can laugh and laugh at them.

Catch 22.

The gov needs money to run . That comes from taxes .

Ask yourself , Trumps going to "rebuild our military!" . How can he do that whe he's exempting big biz from paying taxes ?

1300 jobs are still going to Mexico. Bring on the 35% tariff.

Most of the jobs still are moving to Mexico. The government also made a deal with Carrier in 2011 to keep these jobs. Carrier ended up paying back the money they saved from the "business friendly" deal to ship the jobs away anyways. Which they'll do again in a heartbeat if they see a better opportunity than what the government is offering them.

And of course they are outdated skill sets. There are people willing to do their work for $3 an hour. Time for these people to learn a better skill.

There are people willing to do EVERY single job in America for cheaper than Americans are doing them.

Does that mean we should give up on all jobs?

So liberals want to pay people $15 an hour but are so quick to ship "outdated" skill set jobs to people for $3 an hour. OldSchool, your not doing well in the debate at all.

Carrier isn't going out of business due to a bad product. They were moving jobs to Mexico. Hence, this is not a bailout. Huge difference. WTF is wrong with you Liberals. It's like you guys are stuck on stupid.

1300 Carrier jobs are still going to Mexico.

There are people willing to do EVERY single job in America for cheaper than Americans are doing them.

Does that mean we should give up on all jobs?
Can they do the jobs better and cheaper? Then we should bring them on over. America wasn't built by lazy fucks who felt they were entitled to be paid for whatever skill they have, and it sure as hell won't remain the leader of the free world if that attitude takes over.

Forum List

Back