Obama Making A Big Mistake On Troop Cuts On Afghanistan!

Anything short of a Vietnam-Surrender scenario,we will be in Afghanistan & Iraq long after most on this Board are dead & gone. We will maintain large Military Bases in both nations for the foreseeable future. Both nations will resemble our presence in South Korea & Japan. These kinds of shams are for the Dumbed-Down masses. Many Americans will actually believe we've left these Nations if they're told so. But you can bet we're not leaving. And like i said,it's onto Libya,Iran,Somalia,Yemen,and so on and so on. Americans just can't seem to get enough of War. There's always a Boogeyman waiting right around the corner. There's always someone to bomb & kill. So when is enough enough? Unfortunately it's gonna be "Bombs Away!!" for a long long time to come. It is very sad but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Ten years is enough for both countries. Time to declare victory and bring our troops home. Of course you don't pull out 150,000+ troops overnight but we need a set target to end our involvement in both iraq and Afghanistan

War is over...WE WON...lets go home

I mostly agree.

My question is RW, is 3 years the only option other than "overnight?" Why not over the next 6 months have all our troops out of all 4 wars? What do you think about that?

Personally, I don't care....pull them all out right now as long as our soldiers are safe

It is the Military that is insisting on a three year timeframe and even more

Again I mostly agree.

Why do you play this game of placing the blame on the military, Obama is the Commander n Chief. The military would like 500 trillion dollar budgets and an endless supply of soldiers with world domination on table... You seem to be giving Obama a pass for literally 6ish years of pure war and currently almost 3 years of war. Oddly you attack Bush even today for his 6-7 years of war and he wanted war, badly.

You claim you want all troops out asap but you still support the biggest war president in US history?

There's always a Boogeyman waiting right around the corner. There's always someone to bomb & kill. So when is enough enough? Unfortunately it's gonna be "Bombs Away!!" for a long long time to come. It is very sad but it is what it is.

And just WHY do you think this is? Maybe you should ask your corporate overloards milking the MIC for all it's worth AT OUR EXPENSE why that is? You know, the shady corporations whose butts you guys have crawled all the way into? Just WHERE do you think all that money dumped into the sand trap that is Iraq went... and for what? And still you want to give corporations even MORE power over our government and ultimately the taxpayers? What are you complaining about? You are ASKING for this to happen, remember?

The sad reality is that we should have been out of Afghanistan five years ago. We had taken over the country in 2002, driven out the Taliban and established a government. If we had maintained our troop strength and pursued the Taliban and Al Qaida into Pakistan we would be out by now

Instead, Bush executed one of the biggest strategic blunders in history, opened a second war against a non-threat in Iraq and ended up with 4000+ dead soldiers and America in debt for $2 trillion in war costs

"There's a new push to reinstate a Selective Service draft again."

The Draft - The Disconnect...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UYquKlfT0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Draft Right Wing Republican College Chickenhawks PATHETIC !‬‏[/ame]​

There's always a Boogeyman waiting right around the corner. There's always someone to bomb & kill. So when is enough enough? Unfortunately it's gonna be "Bombs Away!!" for a long long time to come. It is very sad but it is what it is.

And just WHY do you think this is? Maybe you should ask your corporate overloards milking the MIC for all it's worth AT OUR EXPENSE why that is? You know, the shady corporations whose butts you guys have crawled all the way into? Just WHERE do you think all that money dumped into the sand trap that is Iraq went... and for what? And still you want to give corporations even MORE power over our government and ultimately the taxpayers? What are you complaining about? You are ASKING for this to happen, remember?

My comment wasn't meant to be Partisan. It has been "Bombs Away!!" for both Parties for a very long time. There will always be a Boogeyman to bomb & kill. And that goes for both political parties. Like i said,it's onto Libya,Iran,Somalia,Yemen,and so on and so on...

I like where you lied and said 10 years is enough only to support (fully if it's a Democrat) 13+ years... I understand your simple mind, you will use this like you use the Iraq war being over (lol, 45k troops still there fight and killing). You and I both know this is a pathetic attempt to buy votes going into election season by doing as little as possible as late as possible.

Again, add 3+ more years on to your 10 years and you have the real answer, you would be happy in Afghanistan/Iraq/Libya/Pakistan for a lifetime if your king Obama said we should be.

This will probably backfire on Obama, just like Iraq has.

Ten years is enough for both countries. Time to declare victory and bring our troops home. Of course you don't pull out 150,000+ troops overnight but we need a set target to end our involvement in both iraq and Afghanistan

I mostly agree.

My question is RW, is 3 years the only option other than "overnight?" Why not over the next 6 months have all our troops out of all 4 wars? What do you think about that?

I like the Biden solution.

Special forces units deal with the dirt bags when they crop up.

I mostly agree.

Of all the solutions I would agree with that the most. In all I think the best route is to just let them kill each other and progress as a society in a natural way. If we hand it to them they will most likely destroy it and blame us. If we fail to hand it to them they will destroy it and blame us. Either way it's our fault if we get into the mess and you know what, it would be our fault.

I mostly agree.

Of all the solutions I would agree with that the most. In all I think the best route is to just let them kill each other and progress as a society in a natural way. If we hand it to them they will most likely destroy it and blame us. If we fail to hand it to them they will destroy it and blame us. Either way it's our fault if we get into the mess and you know what, it would be our fault.

I agree. I really don't care how shitty a government they have and how corrupt they are and how lousy it is to live there

They have had ten years to put something together ....let them live with it.

If any terrorists pop up, we smash them. Otherwise, not our problem

I agree. I really don't care how shitty a government they have and how corrupt they are and how lousy it is to live there

I don't agree with you very often but i agree with you 100% on this comment. I'm pretty sick of hearing about how awful their Government is. Bin Laden's dead. Time to wrap it up over there. These cuts don't do it for me. They need to be much bigger and done much faster.

And don't forget about Oil & Gas opportunities over there. That's one more very big reason we aren't leaving Afghanistan any time soon. Most Americans don't realize that there are now other reasons why we're staying there. It's not just about Terrorism.

I agree. I really don't care how shitty a government we have and how corrupt they are and how lousy it is to live here.
We have had over 200 years to put something together ....let us live with it.

If any realists pop up, we smash them. Otherwise, not our problem

Sorry for mangling of your quote. Just could not resist :)

And don't forget about Oil & Gas opportunities over there. That's one more very big reason we aren't leaving Afghanistan any time soon. Most Americans don't realize that there are now other reasons why we're staying there. It's not just about Terrorism.

I think there is a great deal of mineral wealth in Afghanistan.

Let them have it....beats dealing opium

So the, I'm going to get out of Afghanistan Presidential pledge puke of a President is going to end up with 10,000 MORE troops in country at election time than when he took office?

<One finger salute>

When Obama took office there were about 34,000 US troops in Afghanistan. He tripled the number of troops to 98.000. If he does what he said, he will withdraw 33,000 by September 2012. That will leave 65,000, which is 32,000 more than when he took office.

Yes help them develop their mineral wealth and increase their standard of living to improve their country.
Business not bullets.

There's where it gets complicated. We want it too. There are Oil & Gas opportunities over there,so don't expect us to rush out of there any time soon. It's not just about Terrorism anymore.

There's where it gets complicated. We want it too. There are Oil & Gas opportunities over there,so don't expect us to rush out of there any time soon. It's not just about Terrorism anymore.

Yep, just take a look at Libya, there's no area we won't think up a reason to attack if they have Texas Tea.

A sad reality.

I agree with you 100%. :thup:

Yep, just take a look at Libya, there's no area we won't think up a reason to attack if they have Texas Tea.

A sad reality.

Too bad Darfur didn't have oil, we'd have already brought them democracy long ago.

Forum List

Back