Obama Making A Big Mistake On Troop Cuts On Afghanistan!

The strategy is force Taliban to come over to the side of the existing government and always has been.
Nothing short of that will ever work. The military knows it, the Generals know it, the commanders in the field and the grunts know it.
This has always been the Afghans war to win, not ours. We could never win that war in 50 years.

The strategy is force Taliban to come over to the side of the existing government and always has been.
Nothing short of that will ever work. The military knows it, the Generals know it, the commanders in the field and the grunts know it.
This has always been the Afghans war to win, not ours. We could never win that war in 50 years.

We will never FORCE the taliban to convert.

That is why we are secretly negotiating with them

Keep killing them until they do. That is all they know.
What else other than force, and bribes which is the way of life there, is there?

That is why we are secretly negotiating with them

And for a long time now.

You do not make peace with your friends.

Obama surrendered

So, Obama is going to start withdrawing troops from Afghanistan in the next month and added that everyone in Afghanistan can take part in political settlement... even Taliban... if they abandon violence and break from Al-Qaeda. I wonder if POTUS really believes that. Maybe he already made an arrangement with Taliban and the control over Afghanistan is being passed to Taliban? Obama’s speech is actual confirmation of US defeat in that war and attempt to prepare the world community for the return of Taliban, religious buffs and extremists as a new government of Afghanistan after US troops withdrawal. Obama mentioned economy, yes, we have to blame economical crisis because now we have no money for war... so it’s better to leave and allow the enemy we fought to take the power back... And what about the Afghans? Who cares... Maybe a decade later we will return to Afghanistan to kill another Osama... It is defeat, isn’t it?

Obama surrendered

So, Obama is going to start withdrawing troops from Afghanistan in the next month and added that everyone in Afghanistan can take part in political settlement... even Taliban... if they abandon violence and break from Al-Qaeda. I wonder if POTUS really believes that. Maybe he already made an arrangement with Taliban and the control over Afghanistan is being passed to Taliban? Obama’s speech is actual confirmation of US defeat in that war and attempt to prepare the world community for the return of Taliban, religious buffs and extremists as a new government of Afghanistan after US troops withdrawal. Obama mentioned economy, yes, we have to blame economical crisis because now we have no money for war... so it’s better to leave and allow the enemy we fought to take the power back... And what about the Afghans? Who cares... Maybe a decade later we will return to Afghanistan to kill another Osama... It is defeat, isn’t it?

The Taliban are not going to honor any "peace deal" made with NATO forces, but I don't think anyone cares at this point. They know we are leaving, all they really have to do is wait us out.

It makes me sad to see a President who is this weak and ignorant. What a travesty the American electorate has put upon themselves.

Hmmmm.....Obama is weak and ignorant

At the same time he is a warmonger for executing drone stikes, invading Pakistan sovereignty to kill Bin laden and attacking Libya

Such a dichotomy from the right wing

Last edited:
It makes me sad to see a President who is this weak and ignorant. What a travesty the American electorate has put upon themselves.

And thats why withdrawing from Afghanistan makes me sad

Geico+Sarge.JPG

Hmmmm.....Obama is weak and ignorant

At the same time he is a warmonger for executing drone stikes, invading Pakistan sovereignty to kill Bin laden and attacking Libya

Such a dichotomy from the right wing

Of course you ignore that the reverse is also true, thus condemning yourself.

Now it's all about the huge Oil & Gas Deals in Afghanistan. The same can be said of Iraq & Libya as well. That's the only real reason we're staying. And that is very sad. I don't give a shit about how corrupt & awful the Afghan Government is. Corruption is their tradition. They've run things that way for several hundred years over there. They've been doing that long before there ever was a United States of America. So we're never going to change that. And that wasn't the Mission anyway. The Mission was to kill Terrorists and especially those responsible for 911. Well we've done that. Bin Laden is dead so it's time to wrap it up over there. The Afghan Government is shit but that's not what the Mission was all about. The Afghan People will have to fix that on their own. Time for our Kids to come home.

Now it's all about the huge Oil & Gas Deals in Afghanistan. The same can be said of Iraq & Libya as well. That's the only real reason we're staying. And that is very sad. I don't give a shit about how corrupt & awful the Afghan Government is. Corruption is their tradition. They've run things that way for several hundred years over there. They've been doing that long before there ever was a United States of America. So we're never going to change that. And that wasn't the Mission anyway. The Mission was to kill Terrorists and especially those responsible for 911. Well we've done that. Bin Laden is dead so it's time to wrap it up over there. The Afghan Government is shit but that's not what the Mission was all about. The Afghan People will have to fix that on their own. Time for our Kids to come home.

I agree 100%, I think this war has been mismanaged for a long time but theres nothing we can do about that now, an open ended commitment to Afghanistan will not do anybody any good, time to come home.

I agree 100%, I think this war has been mismanaged for a long time but theres nothing we can do about that now, an open ended commitment to Afghanistan will not do anybody any good, time to come home.

Yea i don't want to hear another word about how awful & corrupt the Afghan Government is. They are corrupt but they've always been corrupt. That's Afghan tradition & culture. We can't change that. And that wasn't the Mission anyway. Kill Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. We did that so now it's time to get the Hell out of there. Let the Afghan People fix their own Government. I really do believe that it's the huge Oil & Gas Deals that are keeping us there. It's not about Terrorism so much anymore. They keep moving the goal posts on us. It's time for all Americans to stand up and demand an end to all these Wars. That's how i see it anyway.

Yea i don't want to hear another word about how awful & corrupt the Afghan Government is. They are corrupt but they've always been corrupt. That's Afghan tradition & culture. We can't change that. And that wasn't the Mission anyway. Kill Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. We did that so now it's time to get the Hell out of there. Let the Afghan People fix their own Government. I really do believe that it's the huge Oil & Gas Deals that are keeping us there. It's not about Terrorism so much anymore. They keep moving the goal posts on us. It's time for all Americans to stand up and demand an end to all these Wars. That's how i see it anyway.

Well the Afghan oil pipeline is definently a priority, some one somewhere is making a gold mine off of this war in Afghanistan.

Well the Afghan oil pipeline is definently a priority, some one somewhere is making a gold mine off of this war in Afghanistan.

Let Afghanistan make a fortune off the pipeline, let them pull a trillion off of mineral resources. If it gets us out of that hell hole........Good

Let Afghanistan make a fortune off the pipeline, let them pull a trillion off of mineral resources. If it gets us out of that hell hole........Good

Thats the thing, I don't think its the Afghans profiting and its not our government either, plus I don't think the Afghans could make money off that if they wanted to, definently not on their own.

The bad part is Obama is doing all this to start his campaign for 2012. Next summer he's gonna draw down 30,000? Wow. Great timing, huh?

If he did it year one, two, three or four your side would say the same damn thing. You really would.

What makes you think he cant win without them coming home. Everything is political, but really, you think he cant win in 2012?

Here is the deal, he is bringing them home. If it helps him in some way, then its a win win situation. Whats the problem.

Same with lowering the gas prices.

Thats the thing, I don't think its the Afghans profiting and its not our government either, plus I don't think the Afghans could make money off that if they wanted to, definently not on their own.

It's the contracts to build the pipeline and process the minerals that we want

Forum List

Back