Obama Making A Big Mistake On Troop Cuts On Afghanistan!

So the, I'm going to get out of Afghanistan Presidential pledge puke of a President is going to end up with 10,000 MORE troops in country at election time than when he took office?

<One finger salute>

Actually, he ran on getting out of Iraq and increasing the number of troops in Afghanistan to get the terrorists.

Looks like he was right

You don't consider the Taliban terrorists? They terrorized every woman and Christian in Afghanistan, plus supported Bin Laden in his 9/11 attack.

What part of "personal responsibility" is lost on the people who want to keep the troops over there? Afghanistan needs to support itself!

What happened to the "fiscal conservatives" who could stop the US bleeding money by pulling troops back over here?

There is a serious disconnect going on with what some people are saying...and what they really want.

Obama's flat out pissed me off by not bringing the troops back faster. We dont have the money and we dont need to be over there.

His only Big Mistake is not cutting enough fast enough. These small cuts are all about Politics. He's looking to the coming 2012 Election. He thinks this will help him. These cuts don't matter. We need to get out of there much faster.

Btw,this is all a big scam anyway. We're not leaving Afghanistan & Iraq any more than we have left South Korea & Japan. We will have large Military Bases in both Afghanistan & Iraq for the foreseeable future. As usual they're just counting on enough Dumbed-Down Americans to believe anything they're told. We aren't really leaving Afghanistan or Iraq. It's all just another scam in the end.

When did 10 years of warmongering in the 3rd poorest 3rd world country become not long enough? Even for warmongers?

Did you forget? Dubya thought is was more important to go after Saddam. You say ten years, but for about 7 of them, we weren't doing a whole lot. This mess has to be on Dubya's and Congress' heads for using cherry-picked data and for not putting that data under more scrutiny. If you want to call out the warmongers, start with those who were cheerleaders for the "immediate threat" that turned out to be bogus.

Btw,this is all a big scam anyway. We're not leaving Afghanistan & Iraq any more than we have left South Korea & Japan. We will have large Military Bases in both Afghanistan & Iraq for the foreseeable future. As usual they're just counting on enough Dumbed-Down Americans to believe anything they're told. We aren't really leaving Afghanistan or Iraq. It's all just another scam in the end.

The only scam I see is thay you're trying to tell us something we already know and are claiming to be some sort of Messiah. I guess you cons really get off on that stuff!!! :cool:

And then there's Libya,Somalia,Yemen,and so on and so on...Only a delusional Dumbed-Down person can believe we're ever really leaving Afghanistan & Iraq. We will be in these countries long after most on this Board are dead & gone. These small cuts are for politics only. And that's the fact Jack!

So the, I'm going to get out of Afghanistan Presidential pledge puke of a President is going to end up with 10,000 MORE troops in country at election time than when he took office?

<One finger salute>

Actually, he ran on getting out of Iraq and increasing the number of troops in Afghanistan to get the terrorists.

Looks like he was right

I like where you lied and said 10 years is enough only to support (fully if it's a Democrat) 13+ years... I understand your simple mind, you will use this like you use the Iraq war being over (lol, 45k troops still there fight and killing). You and I both know this is a pathetic attempt to buy votes going into election season by doing as little as possible as late as possible.

Again, add 3+ more years on to your 10 years and you have the real answer, you would be happy in Afghanistan/Iraq/Libya/Pakistan for a lifetime if your king Obama said we should be.

This will probably backfire on Obama, just like Iraq has.

The only scam I see is thay you're trying to tell us something we already know and are claiming to be some sort of Messiah. I guess you cons really get off on that stuff!!! :cool:

What?

<One finger salute>

Looks like he was right

You don't consider the Taliban terrorists? They terrorized every woman and Christian in Afghanistan, plus supported Bin Laden in his 9/11 attack.

After Bush blundered and attacked Iraq, the Taliban reformed and took back territory they had lost to the US invasion in 2002. This caused insecurity in the recently formed government and necessitated a surge of troops in 2009.

That was why Obama campaigned on going after the terrorists is Afghanistan and Pakistan

He got them too

When did 10 years of warmongering in the 3rd poorest 3rd world country become not long enough? Even for warmongers?

Did you forget? Dubya thought is was more important to go after Saddam. You say ten years, but for about 7 of them, we weren't doing a whole lot. This mess has to be on Dubya's and Congress' heads for using cherry-picked data and for not putting that data under more scrutiny. If you want to call out the warmongers, start with those who were cheerleaders for the "immediate threat" that turned out to be bogus.

Any bureacrat who gets us involved in more warmongering in Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Libya/Yemen/Syria is a warmonger to me, as none of those military adventures that are happening or are proposed are in the name of defending the US.

And any individual who supports any of those isn't anti-war in principle.

<One finger salute>

Looks like he was right

I like where you lied and said 10 years is enough only to support (fully if it's a Democrat) 13+ years... I understand your simple mind, you will use this like you use the Iraq war being over (lol, 45k troops still there fight and killing). You and I both know this is a pathetic attempt to buy votes going into election season by doing as little as possible as late as possible.

Again, add 3+ more years on to your 10 years and you have the real answer, you would be happy in Afghanistan/Iraq/Libya/Pakistan for a lifetime if your king Obama said we should be.

Ten years is enough for both countries. Time to declare victory and bring our troops home. Of course you don't pull out 150,000+ troops overnight but we need a set target to end our involvement in both iraq and Afghanistan

War is over...WE WON...lets go home

Silly Americans. You'll be in Afghanistan & Iraq for several decades into the future. The only question left now is...How many Wars are enough for Americans?

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Silly Americans. You'll be in Afghanistan & Iraq for several decades into the future.

Looks like he was right

Ten years is enough for both countries. Time to declare victory and bring our troops home. Of course you don't pull out 150,000+ troops overnight but we need a set target to end our involvement in both iraq and Afghanistan

I mostly agree.

My question is RW, is 3 years the only option other than "overnight?" Why not over the next 6 months have all our troops out of all 4 wars? What do you think about that?

The sad reality is that we should have been out of Afghanistan five years ago. We had taken over the country in 2002, driven out the Taliban and established a government. If we had maintained our troop strength and pursued the Taliban and Al Qaida into Pakistan we would be out by now

Instead, Bush executed one of the biggest strategic blunders in history, opened a second war against a non-threat in Iraq and ended up with 4000+ dead soldiers and America in debt for $2 trillion in war costs

I mostly agree.

My question is RW, is 3 years the only option other than "overnight?" Why not over the next 6 months have all our troops out of all 4 wars? What do you think about that?

Personally, I don't care....pull them all out right now as long as our soldiers are safe

It is the Military that is insisting on a three year timeframe and even more

Forum List

Back