Obama Losing Independents - 2010 In Play

The Republicans are now 4 points ahead on the generic ballot. Only 33% of Americans feel the country is headed in the right direction. Only 36% believe the stimulus has helped the economy. Opposition to Obamacare hits new high of 56%. 66% are angry at government policies.

Upcoming 2009 New Jersey Governor races sees Republican up 7 points over Democrat incumbent.

2010 Iowa Governor Race sees the Republican up over the incumbent Democrat by 20%.

2010 Iowa Senate race sees Republican up by 26% over Democrat challenger.

2010 Colorado Senate race sees Republican up by nearly 10% over Democrat challenger.

2010 Connecticut Senate race sees long time incumbent Chris Dodd down over points to his Republican challengers.

2010 Nevada Senate race sees Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid trailing his Republican challenger by ten points.

2010 New Hampshire Senate race sees Republican ahead of Democrat candidate by nearly 10 points.

Yes, 2010, with an assist from 2009 outcomes, is definitely in play.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

No no. You know well and good that Rasmussen is biased.

Just wait until Election Day when the Dems claim the voting polls were unfairly biased to the GOP. hee hee.

I'm still waiting to see what the republicans will hold up as an alternative.

Right now, they have no message and no candidates who can appeal to those independent voters. Running the same platform that lost the last two elections is not the answer

Why do you need to know so bad right now? So you could repeat what you did to Tom Delay?

Do you mean the Liberals forced him to be on Dancing with the Stars??

Those Bastards!

I thought that was great. Too! LOL

I'm still waiting to see what the republicans will hold up as an alternative.

Right now, they have no message and no candidates who can appeal to those independent voters. Running the same platform that lost the last two elections is not the answer

Yep. Rovian tactics and fear aren't likely to bring Independents around, and without them, you lose.

If the GOP can find a message to turn independents back to their side, they'll win. Unfortunately, striking the same tone as talk radio isn't that message.

Here is what the republicans have to offer independent voters right now..
  • teabaggers
  • Rush Limbaugh
  • armed protesters outside of political meetings
  • Glen Beck
  • protesters screaming down opposition at Town Halls
  • Bill O'Reilly
  • canditates screaming about Death Panels
  • Ann Coulter
  • rants about the impending crash of the economy
  • Sara Palin

Tea Baggers is a Sex thing, not a political thing.

Rush is Great. Enough said.

Armed Protesters is a Individual Thing, not a Group thing.

Glen Beck. Thats Glenn Beck. "Mr. Glenn Beck Sir ", to You. :lol::lol::lol:

Protesters that learn as they go, I support Civil Discourse.

Bill O'Reilly, give or take.

Candidates Unveiling Hidden Agenda. Go Sarah. Nice Eye's Huh.

Ann Coulter. Eat already!!! :):):)

Whistle Blowers pointing out Bad Direction, and Corruption in High Places.

Sarah Again. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

We have other secret weapons out there too. Wait and see. Don't forget to check in your closet and under your bed Every Night before Lights Out! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep talking, boys. Reassure yourselves that it's really so.

Meanwhile the GOP is going steadily up in the polls as the Dems are unmasked as the cynical turds they really are.

The GOP could in theory win a few seats. I'm pretty certain they'll bust up the philibuster proof Senate. They could take the House. If they do, it'll be because Reid and Pelosi screwed the pooch in the last two years. It certainly won't be based on new ideas.

Even if they win in 2010 at the Congressional level, they're screwed in 2012 for the Presidential Race. The GOP doesn't have a viable candidate for the office and if they're holding the House and Senate, what exactly will they have in 2012 for ammo?

If it turns out to be '94 again, I'll be fine with that. Clinton was re-elected 2 years later, and Obama is looking at an easy walk himself. America did fine with a Democrat in the Oval Office and Republicans in the Congress. Best 6 years in recent history hands down.

In terms of the original post - doesn't really matter WHO Obama is losing - he's not running in 2010. So that's a moot point.
IF the Democrats are losing independents now - who is going to pick them up? I don't see many of us heading the GOP's way - at least not until they have candidates and ideas. They seem to lack both right about now.

Having said that however, the normal midterm swing is about 17 in the House and about 6 in the Senate AWAY from the president's party. Right now I don't see anything unusual going on that would affect that typical swing so I think it's shaping up to go down that way in 2010.

Last edited:

Meanwhile the GOP is going steadily up in the polls as the Dems are unmasked as the cynical turds they really are.

The GOP could in theory win a few seats. I'm pretty certain they'll bust up the philibuster proof Senate. They could take the House. If they do, it'll be because Reid and Pelosi screwed the pooch in the last two years. It certainly won't be based on new ideas.

Even if they win in 2010 at the Congressional level, they're screwed in 2012 for the Presidential Race. The GOP doesn't have a viable candidate for the office and if they're holding the House and Senate, what exactly will they have in 2012 for ammo?

If it turns out to be '94 again, I'll be fine with that. Clinton was re-elected 2 years later, and Obama is looking at an easy walk himself. America did fine with a Democrat in the Oval Office and Republicans in the Congress. Best 6 years in recent history hands down.

If we got another Clinton-like 2nd term that would be ok - as Clinton was governing as a conservative Democrat at that time...

As long as Obama keeps his heel rooted on the neck of The Department Of Justice it will be clear sailing.

I think Kadafi wants to be His God Father. That is so Precious.

If we got another Clinton-like 2nd term that would be ok - as Clinton was governing as a conservative Democrat at that time...

Obama is no Clinton. Reality check.

Obama is no Clinton. Reality check.

True enough.

Yep. Newt kinda forced him to do so. There's only so much a President can do with a hostile congress. I've long been a fan of divided party control. Reagan did good work with a hostile Democratic Congress, and Clinton did good work with Newt. My only reservation about Obama in 2008 was that I was uncomfortable with the Democrats in control of both the Legislative and the Executive. A GOP win in the Legislative branch wouldn't make me sad.

Fact: Obama is losing the Independent support right now. This could very well come into play in 2010. Let the left say what they may.....but I say debt, debt debt.
Rightwinger talks about the Tea Parties...oh yeah, teabaggers...which was represented by by republicans, independents, and lets not forget even the democrats.
Right winger, have you ever heard of the "Fat Cat Syndrome"? Because you are really sounding like a fat cat.

Last edited:
In a recent PEW poll - Obama's image is still quite positive and in comparison with ratings of the two preceding administrations he seems about the same for the same period in their respective administrations....which kind of dispells the myth the right are perpetrating that he is tanking.

1345-1.gif

1345-2.gif

In this one, while he is losing some of the independent support - he still maintains a decent majority of favorable opinions from them.

1345-5.gif

Yep. Newt kinda forced him to do so. There's only so much a President can do with a hostile congress. I've long been a fan of divided party control. Reagan did good work with a hostile Democratic Congress, and Clinton did good work with Newt. My only reservation about Obama in 2008 was that I was uncomfortable with the Democrats in control of both the Legislative and the Executive. A GOP win in the Legislative branch wouldn't make me sad.

Amen.

Just Keep on Obstructing the Reports and Investigations on ACORN, and Everything Will be Just Fine.

Like Showers on a Spring Day.

To me it's amazing just how little effect all this noise has on elections.

If the noise has little effect on elections, why isn't the healthcare bill passed? Epic Fail on your part.

Really? Epic fail on MY part? What did I have to do with it? What is my position on public healthcare? Was their a healthcare bill election of some sort?

Perhaps you need to put a little more thought into that post.

To me it's amazing just how little effect all this noise has on elections.

If the noise has little effect on elections, why isn't the healthcare bill passed? Epic Fail on your part.

Really? Epic fail on MY part? What did I have to do with it? What is my position on public healthcare? Was their a healthcare bill election of some sort?

I see you can't connect the dots, yet. If there wan't any noise from Americans, Obama would have pushed through his healthcare agenda before the summer recess. Are you with me so far?
But, with all the noise and an election coming up next year, there are a lot of democrats that won't vote for the public option fearing a big loss for several of them next year.
Now, I think you can see the lines I drew between the dots, to show your EPIC FAIL.

I see you can't connect the dots, yet. If there wan't any noise from Americans, Obama would have pushed through his healthcare agenda before the summer recess. Are you with me so far?
But, with all the noise and an election coming up next year, there are a lot of democrats that won't vote for the public option fearing a big loss for several of them next year.

Now, I think you can see the lines I drew between the dots, to show your EPIC FAIL.

This is true...

Forum List

Back