Obama Losing Independents - 2010 In Play

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 32% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8 (see trends).

Forty-three percent (43%) give the President good or excellent marks on national security matters and 30% say he is governing on a bi-partisan basis.

Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Americans have a favorable opinion of Christopher Columbus, but just 12% consider the holiday in his honor one of our nation’s most important. Check out our review of last week’s key polls to see What They Told Us.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Who the hell cares about the number who strongly approve or strongly disaprove?
Its a bogus statistic. You only have to slightly approve one candidate over another to pull the lever

Depending on the situation, you may even slightly disapprove of a candidate and still vote for him if you think the alternative is worse.

Where the hell is your proof that there is no shift? Your word? Any sources? :lol:

LOL So in other words you LIED when you dishonestly tried to compare a part to the whole in a lame and dishonest attempt to prove your argument, meaning you FAILED, and the best you have to come back with is to tell me to prove you wrong. LOL

He who makes the claim should provide the proof. Isn't that how it works??

Over all based on consistent polling data it has gone up and down from poll to poll but as of yet I have seen no proof to suggest a dramatic and longterm shift in independent support for obama. However, thanks for playing and thanks for proving your own dishonesty. LOL poor meister, stalked me into another thread to attack me and it turns out he is the one that was being dishonest. LOL

Still can't get any verification from you other than your lying word...is that it? LMAO
Go ahead say what you may troll, at least I brought sources to prove what I stated. Even the numbers that I showed from Rasmussen stated that the Independents were waning from Obama. YOU stated there was no change, and showed no source to back up what you claim. We have "YOUR WORD". :cuckoo: Man up, dude.

Nice dishonest spin loser but the fact is that the claim was made by righties and i asked for proof and haven't seen any proof. You tried but failed when you LIED.

Care to explain why you dishonestly tried to compare a PART to the WHOLE?? Or would that require more honesty than you have to offer??

Interesting write-up in the Washington Examiner noting the clear trend of Independent voters away from Obama - the single largest voting group in the country...

Excerpt:

Independent voters are turning away from President Obama and his fellow Democrats in droves. And if they can't find a way to get them back, the party could be in deep trouble for 2010 and beyond.

Independents gave Obama the White House last year with a vote for pragmatic competence. They have been repaid with partisanship and dithering. And unlike liberals who Obama has quickly re-energized after their summer doldrums, independents are devilishly hard to win back once they lose faith.

The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, the Rolls-Royce of public surveys, showed that for the first time, independents disapproved of the president's performance, 46 percent to 41 percent...

Now, Obama is ignoring the desperate-sounding pleas of his hand-picked commander in Afghanistan, Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, for more troops.

We hear that Obama is waiting to see what happens next before deciding to continue with his own strategy of an Afghan surge. His team is reading a book about how the Kennedy administration was led astray by the military and holding a series of meetings about the way forward.

A flip-flop on what Obama called a "war of necessity" just last might well send the independents to the exits for good.

Independents desert Obama, putting 2010 in play | Washington Examiner

And to think that we have another 3+ years of him makes me nauseated, another 1/5 + million lost their jobs this week, with no job gains in sight, down right depressing for the unemployed.

How's that hope and change working out for you libs??????????????

I'm sorry, couldn't hear you over the Right wing cheering over losing the Olympics and Right wing boos over the Nobel Peace Prize.

Interesting write-up in the Washington Examiner noting the clear trend of Independent voters away from Obama - the single largest voting group in the country...

Excerpt:

Independent voters are turning away from President Obama and his fellow Democrats in droves. And if they can't find a way to get them back, the party could be in deep trouble for 2010 and beyond.

Independents gave Obama the White House last year with a vote for pragmatic competence. They have been repaid with partisanship and dithering. And unlike liberals who Obama has quickly re-energized after their summer doldrums, independents are devilishly hard to win back once they lose faith.

The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, the Rolls-Royce of public surveys, showed that for the first time, independents disapproved of the president's performance, 46 percent to 41 percent...

Now, Obama is ignoring the desperate-sounding pleas of his hand-picked commander in Afghanistan, Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, for more troops.

We hear that Obama is waiting to see what happens next before deciding to continue with his own strategy of an Afghan surge. His team is reading a book about how the Kennedy administration was led astray by the military and holding a series of meetings about the way forward.

A flip-flop on what Obama called a "war of necessity" just last might well send the independents to the exits for good.

And to think that we have another 3+ years of him makes me nauseated, another 1/5 + million lost their jobs this week, with no job gains in sight, down right depressing for the unemployed.

I'm sorry, couldn't hear you over the Right wing cheering over losing the Olympics and Right wing boos over the Nobel Peace Prize.

Personally I would have supported the Olympics going to Detroit. Everyone would have benefited. The City would have been much more accommodating than Chicago. Headline news of a murder by rail tie only emphasized how out of control things are there.

Nobel Peace Prize? Obama won it? Really? For What? What did He do? Did he earn it? Please elaborate. :):):):):)

LOL So in other words you LIED when you dishonestly tried to compare a part to the whole in a lame and dishonest attempt to prove your argument, meaning you FAILED, and the best you have to come back with is to tell me to prove you wrong. LOL

He who makes the claim should provide the proof. Isn't that how it works??

Over all based on consistent polling data it has gone up and down from poll to poll but as of yet I have seen no proof to suggest a dramatic and longterm shift in independent support for obama. However, thanks for playing and thanks for proving your own dishonesty. LOL poor meister, stalked me into another thread to attack me and it turns out he is the one that was being dishonest. LOL

Still can't get any verification from you other than your lying word...is that it? LMAO
Go ahead say what you may troll, at least I brought sources to prove what I stated. Even the numbers that I showed from Rasmussen stated that the Independents were waning from Obama. YOU stated there was no change, and showed no source to back up what you claim. We have "YOUR WORD". :cuckoo: Man up, dude.

Nice dishonest spin loser but the fact is that the claim was made by righties and i asked for proof and haven't seen any proof. You tried but failed when you LIED.

Care to explain why you dishonestly tried to compare a PART to the WHOLE?? Or would that require more honesty than you have to offer??

Poor attempt at a deflection, troll. You stated that Rasmussen polls showed no shift. You brought no source to prove it, just your word. I showed different with Rasmussen sources. AND YOU STILL WON"T BRING IN ANY SOURCES! LOL

here's a little more for you to consider. LOL
http://themoderatevoice.com/42816/marist-poll-obama-losing-independent-voter-support/

Let me know when you want more sources, because if you Google it, there is a ton of stuff. LOL

Last edited:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 32% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8 (see trends).

Forty-three percent (43%) give the President good or excellent marks on national security matters and 30% say he is governing on a bi-partisan basis.

Sixty-nine percent (69%) of Americans have a favorable opinion of Christopher Columbus, but just 12% consider the holiday in his honor one of our nation’s most important. Check out our review of last week’s key polls to see What They Told Us.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Its a bogus statistic. You only have to slightly approve one candidate over another to pull the lever

Depending on the situation, you may even slightly disapprove of a candidate and still vote for him if you think the alternative is worse.

Exactly
Which shows why the Rassmussen method of comparing the extremes is not relevant

Personally I would have supported the Olympics going to Detroit. Everyone would have benefited. The City would have been much more accommodating than Chicago. Headline news of a murder by rail tie only emphasized how out of control things are there.

Nobel Peace Prize? Obama won it? Really? For What? What did He do? Did he earn it? Please elaborate. :):):):):)

Yes he did win it. Yes he earned it.
He was nominated and voted on by an independent panel. Thats how it is "earned"

As an American, I am proud that the international comunity has gotten over its "I hate America (which really meant "I hate Bush" phase) and is acknowledging the new direction of US international relations

Exactly
Which shows why the Rassmussen method of comparing the extremes is not relevant

Only when You are Ahead... Right? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like when Protesters agree with you they are then okay...Right?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Excerpt:

Oh sorry, I'll try to keep myself under control. :lol:

Poor attempt at a deflection, troll. You stated that Rasmussen polls showed no shift. You brought no source to prove it, just your word. I showed different with Rasmussen sources. AND YOU STILL WON"T BRING IN ANY SOURCES! LOL

Marist Poll: Obama Losing Independent Voter Support | The Moderate Voice

Let me know when you want more sources, because if you Google it, there is a ton of stuff. LOL

LOL FACT is that you took EXCERPTS from rasmussen in a lame and failed attempt to support your the argument that obama is losing independents and then you LIED when you tried to compare a PART of the whole (smaller) to the WHOLE (larger) and claim that the difference between them proved your argument when it does no such thing.

So in other words you didn't show different. The FACT is that you LIED and have continued to do so in a lame and dishonest attempt to CYA instead of admitting that you misrepresented the facts when you compared the part, those who strongly disapprove, to the whole, the TOTAL of all who disapprove which includes those who strongly disapprove.

So do you understand how YOU screwed up when you took your excerpts from rassmussen's data??

LOL FACT is that you took EXCERPTS from rasmussen in a lame and failed attempt to support your the argument that obama is losing independents and then you LIED when you tried to compare a PART of the whole (smaller) to the WHOLE (larger) and claim that the difference between them proved your argument when it does no such thing.

So in other words you didn't show different. The FACT is that you LIED and have continued to do so in a lame and dishonest attempt to CYA instead of admitting that you misrepresented the facts when you compared the part, those who strongly disapprove, to the whole, the TOTAL of all who disapprove which includes those who strongly disapprove.

So do you understand how YOU screwed up when you took your excerpts from rassmussen's data??

Still, not one source by you, huh lying troll? LOL

By the way the numbers were from "No party affiliation" in the Rasmussen poll. LOL

It is clear some are quite upset over Obama's falling from grace via the Independent voter block.

The fall is undeniable - deal with it.

Now with the economy sputtering to some show of life, this will improve. Obama at this moment, is more likely than not to be president after 2012.

Democrat control of both houses of Congress is another matter...

It is clear some are quite upset over Obama's falling from grace via the Independent voter block.

Now with the economy sputtering to some show of life, this will improve. Obama at this moment, is more likely than not to be president after 2012.

Sort of reminds me of 1929, before the fall.

smith...........you still hve the political IQ of a handball....................

But you're right...........Obama is winning over the independents in droves as the escalator up in the polls clearly shows!!!:eusa_whistle:

Demographic Notes - Barack Obama Approval Index

September 14, 2009: Eighty-four percent (84%) of Democrats approve while 78% of Republican disapprove. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 43% offer a positive assessment and 56% give a negative review.

September 2, 2009: While much commentary has been written about how tough August was for Democrats, a review of the data suggests July was really the tougher month. The President’s Job Approval ratings fell more sharply in July than August. Additionally, the number of people who consider themselves Democrats fell to a two-year low in July before inching up slightly in August. Overall, 37.3% of Americans now consider themselves Democrats while 32.6% are Republicans.

August 31, 2009: Eighty-one percent (81%) of Democrats approve while 83% of Republicans disapprove. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 66% disapprove.

August 23, 2009: Prior to today, the number who Strongly Approved of the President’s performance had never fallen below 29%. Some of the decline has come from within the President’s own party. Just 49% of Democrats offer such a positive assessment of the President at this time.

At the other end of the spectrum, today’s total for Strongly Disapprove matches the highest level yet recorded. The 41% mark was reached just once before and that came one week ago today. Seventy percent (70%) of Republicans now Strongly Disapprove along with 49% of those not affiliated with either major party.

August 22, 2009: Eighty-eight percent (88%) of liberals at least somewhat approve while 79% of conservatives at least somewhat disapprove. Conservative Democrats remain more supportive of the President than other conservatives.

August 20, 2009: Overall, 50% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. That figure has stayed in a very narrow range between 47% and 51% every single day for more than a month. Prior the July 8th, his approval rating had never fallen below 52%. Fifty percent (50%) now disapprove.

August 11, 2009: So far in August, the President’s Approval Index rating has ranged from -4 to -9. That’s an improvement from the last week in July when his ratings ranged from -8 to -12.

August 10, 2009: Fifty-six percent (56%) of Democrats Strongly Approve while 70% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 22% Strongly Approve and 40% Strongly Disapprove.

August 9, 2009: The President earns approval from 85% of Democrats while 84% of Republicans disapprove. As for those not affiliated with either major party, 42% give the President their approval.

August 5, 2009: Fifty-eight percent (58%) of liberals Strongly Approve while 66% of conservatives Strongly Disapprove.

July 27, 2009: Fifty-six percent (56%) of Democrats Strongly Approve of his performance
while 72% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove.

July 23, 2009: Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Today marks the first time his overall approval rating has ever fallen below 50% among Likely Voters nationwide. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove.

Eighty-three percent (83%) of Democrats continue to approve of the President’s performance while 80% of Republicans disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 37% offer a positive assessment. The President earns approval from 51% of women and 47% of men.

July 22, 2009: The President earns approval from 83% of Democrats but 81% of Republicans disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major party, opinion is fairly evenly divided.

July 21, 2009: Among men, 26% Strongly Approve and 36% Strongly Disapprove. Women are evenly divided. The President's Approval Index is positive among those under 30, even among 30-somethings, and negative among those 40 and older.

July 20, 2009: The President earns approval from 41% of white voters, 97% of black voters, and 58% of all other voters.

July 18, 2009: Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Democrats now Strongly Approve of the President while 63% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 43% Strongly Disapprove.

July 9, 2009: There is a gender gap when it comes to perceptions of Obama’s performance. By a 46% to 27% margin, men Strongly Disapprove. Women are more evenly divided—33% Strongly Approve and 30% Strongly Disapprove.

June 29, 2009: Thirty-seven percent (37%) of women Strongly Approve along with 28% of men. Sixty-two percent (62%) of Democrats offer that positive an assessment while 56% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove.

June 21, 2009: Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats Strongly Approve of the President’s performance but only 8% of Republicans share that view. Sixty-one percent (61%) of Republicans Strongly Disapprove.

June 12, 2009: Sixty-two percent (62%) of Democrats Strongly Approve of Obama’s performance while 62% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. Those not affiliated with either party are evenly divided.

Among all voters, the number who Strongly Approve has generally stayed between 34% and 38% for the past three months. During that time, the number who Strongly Disapprove has generally stayed between 27% and 32%.

Demographic Notes - Barack Obama Approval Index - Rasmussen Reports™

Yep, um hmm. That's why the Senate Finance Subcommittee passed a key portion of the program today. Um hmmm. . . Sinatra is a hoot! LOL

Yep, um hmm. That's why the Senate Finance Subcommittee passed a key portion of the program today. Um hmmm. . . Sinatra is a hoot! LOL

___

What are you speaking of?

This is a 2010 Election thread...

Should the Republic Be Laughing or Crying right now?

We should make it a movie and call it "God Father IV". The Chicago Mafia, takes DC by Mandate.

Forum List

Back