Obama: Lincoln Came Close To My Trials

But not quite as difficult. Yes, really.

Yes, he said this. :rolleyes:

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

Obama: I have it tougher than Abe Lincoln
Published: 4:07 PM 08/16/2011 | Updated: 12:41 AM 08/17/2011

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

:lol::lol: So our cry-baby President THINKS he is receiving more criticism than Abe Lincoln--when the south was fighting the north.

You know this President must think ALL Americans are ignorant--:cuckoo: This guy can't get to Martha's Vineyard soon enough--that's how sorry I feel for him--while most Americans haven't been able to afford a vacation for years--because they haven't found a JOB.

Last edited:
I know you guys have and will read into it what you want, and perhaps I'm doing the same, but I have a feeling that if we had a video of this it'd be plain to see the comment was meant as a joke.

could be wrong, doubt i am.

No, he was serious- It was his response to a question asked him from the crowd. The guy is the most ego centric; self absorbed; and arrogant president ever.

you're absolutely right. nobody has ever made a joke in response to a question from the crowd.

seriously - i'd be willing to bet the farm it was an attempt at humor, and unless someone has the video evidence to show otherwise, that's what i'm choosing to believe.

Of course that's what you will choose to believe...like any well trained kool-aid drinker.

I saw the video clip on FOX in it's context- of course the Obama state run media won't play it because then they'd have to make public excuses for him... this way like you they are free to just pretend it was a joke or maybe it never even happened...yeah~

Considering the 24/7/365 vitriol and coverage of the whole Pub Propaganda machine, he may not be that far off...Muslim Kenyan Marxist America hating boy king dictator? And cartoons and shytte on the internet....hmmmm...

Considering the 24/7/365 vitriol and coverage of the whole Pub Propaganda machine, he may not be that far off...Muslim Kenyan Marxist America hating boy king dictator? And cartoons and shytte on the internet....hmmmm...

Damn, the video is out there. The 'throw away line didn't work.' Double down. That's the ticket!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExL2s_7O08]Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen- H. T. Burleigh - YouTube[/ame]

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

You have got to be kidding me. I knew Obama had an Ego but Jesus lol. This has to be a joke right. He thinks he has it as bad as a president who's election was the Spark that caused half the Union to leave it, and a war that killed over half a million Americans to happen?

OMG dude, Obama needs medication. This is Delusional. Other than FOX the other networks have given Obama a Pass time and time again. Hell if they had even done their jobs and reported everything about Obama, He probably would not have been elected. Talk about a persecution Complex. We have a very sick individual Running this country.

Last edited:

You have got to be kidding me. I knew Obama had an Ego but Jesus lol. This has to be a joke right. He thinks he has it as bad as a president who elections caused half the Union to leave it, and a war that killed over half a million Americans to happen?

OMG dude, Obama needs medication.

Or the biggest bummer of all- That he was assassinated???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqMlGd-g-CM]Obummer, you are NO Lincoln! - YouTube[/ame]

The man child is going to hold his breath if we don't start babing him more. Telling the truth about someone is not name calling

Obama also issued new guidelines to ensure humane and lawful treatment of suspects deemed too dangerous to release, but officials insisted he was still determined to shutter the controversial "war on terror" facility in Cuba.They said the president still maintained that some suspects could be tried in federal courts, despite fierce opposition and blocking tactics from a bi-partisan front in Congress.

What? gitmo was supposed to have been closed in 2010. Are you saying it isn't?

You have got to be kidding me. I knew Obama had an Ego but Jesus lol. This has to be a joke right. He thinks he has it as bad as a president who's election was the Spark that caused half the Union to leave it, and a war that killed over half a million Americans to happen?

OMG dude, Obama needs medication. This is Delusional. Other than FOX the other networks have given Obama a Pass time and time again. Hell if they had even done their jobs and reported everything about Obama, He probably would not have been elected. Talk about a persecution Complex. We have a very sick individual Running this country.

OMG he's delusional and as access to nukes. Why are muslim this way?:lol:

Forum List

Back