Obama: Lincoln Came Close To My Trials

Actually, Clinton received much more abuse than Obama. They refuse to cooperate with Obama at all. With Clinton, they ran a non-stop congressional investigation

Clinton was impeached. But if President Obama makes it to a second term..I'm thinking they will either impeach or try to assassinate him.

Clinton was impeached and disbarred because he lied under oath. Obama is inefectual and behaving ever more like a buffoon. Why bother with him. If he is reelected he will just spend more time on the golf course.

Believe it not..I wish more conservatives would take this position.

But not quite as difficult. Yes, really.

Yes, he said this. :rolleyes:

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

Obama: I have it tougher than Abe Lincoln
Published: 4:07 PM 08/16/2011 | Updated: 12:41 AM 08/17/2011

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

Well Obama is the biggest fool we've ever elected. Clueless

They ALL prove my point.

You vile assassin you.

You might want to take a moment and calm down a bit. You are showing very poorly this morning.

Best of luck.

Calm down what?

Yesterday Rick Perry had a field day. He called Bernake traitor. And threatened violence on him if he showed up in Texas. That's fucking amazing. This is after the guy flirted with Secession as an option for his state. You know what happened the last time some states tried to Secede? 600,000 Americans perished in one of the most bloody wars this country has ever seen.

Conservatives are constantly using violent imagery for things..and instead of being cowed when something goes terribly wrong..they come back with something worse.

And that..is ridiculous.

This very thread is making "fun" of a President who get 30 death threats a day. For an offhand comment. He's not spotlighting anyone. He's not calling people traitors or treasonous. He's reflecting how difficult it is to get anything done. It's true. This congress has put up under 50 bills. It's set to be the least productive in the history of the United States. This while we are facing what might be the worst financial crisis.

"I" look bad?

Amazing. :lol:

Clinton was impeached. But if President Obama makes it to a second term..I'm thinking they will either impeach or try to assassinate him.

Clinton was impeached and disbarred because he lied under oath. Obama is inefectual and behaving ever more like a buffoon. Why bother with him. If he is reelected he will just spend more time on the golf course.

Believe it not..I wish more conservatives would take this position.

Trust me, most do. It is allways a very small percentage of fruitcakes (on both sides of the aisle) that garner all the newsprint.

They ALL prove my point.

You vile assassin you.

You might want to take a moment and calm down a bit. You are showing very poorly this morning.

Best of luck.

Calm down what?

Yesterday Rick Perry had a field day. He called Bernake traitor. And threatened violence on him if he showed up in Texas. That's fucking amazing. This is after the guy flirted with Secession as an option for his state. You know what happened the last time some states tried to Secede? 600,000 Americans perished in one of the most bloody wars this country has ever seen.

Conservatives are constantly using violent imagery for things..and instead of being cowed when something goes terribly wrong..they come back with something worse.

And that..is ridiculous.

This very thread is making "fun" of a President who get 30 death threats a day. For an offhand comment. He's not spotlighting anyone. He's not calling people traitors or treasonous. He's reflecting how difficult it is to get anything done. It's true. This congress has put up under 50 bills. It's set to be the least productive in the history of the United States. This while we are facing what might be the worst financial crisis.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

And you're embarrassing yourself.

Best of luck.

Calm down what?

And that..is ridiculous.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

He's better than this... I know he is...

Best of luck.

Calm down what?

And that..is ridiculous.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

Well feel free, lassie.

Crush me with facts.

Or go with your old stand by.

And let the insults fly.

Calm down what?

And that..is ridiculous.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

Well feel free, lassie.

Crush me with facts.

And let the insults fly.

You calling CG out on insults?
Do you see any irony in what you just posted? :eusa_whistle:

Well feel free, lassie.

Crush me with facts.

And let the insults fly.

What irony?

I seldom start with insults..however..I don't back away once the shit starts a flying.
Seems you have brought ALL of this on yourself with your posts.
Do you use a broad brush often? just sayin...

Calm down what?

And that..is ridiculous.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

He's better than this... I know he is...

I used to think so too but he's totally lost his mojo. And, sadly, he appears not to care.

Calm down what?

And that..is ridiculous.

"I" look bad?

You're a fool.

Well feel free, lassie.

Crush me with facts.

And let the insults fly.

You haven't posted any facts. In truth, I doubt you know what a fact looks like anymore, honey. You're just silly.... not funny, not clever.... actually, you're pretty much at the level of rdean and truthmatters. Harsh, but true.

Well feel free, lassie.

Crush me with facts.

And let the insults fly.

What irony?

I seldom start with insults..however..I don't back away once the shit starts a flying.

You've called me a racist, a terrorist, and a Nazi in recent days. You have no evidence, and you actually know that none of these are true. I've called you a fucking idiot.... for which I have a plethora of evidence.

What irony?

Seems you have brought ALL of this on yourself with your posts.
Do you use a broad brush often? just sayin...

What?

Going after Obama for a comment while completely ignoring what Perry said..which given that there are NUTS out there more then willing to take pot shots at elected officials..was assinine to say the least, constitutes what?

Good stuff?

At what point do you fellows go..well..we better tamp this down a bit.

I don't mind holding up a mirror and pointing out violent ideology.

Better that then seeing Bernake's brains on the street because of some nut.

I think the stress of trying to defend the indefensible has got to sallow.

obama the destroyer now feeds on his own kind, political cannibalism

Its not pretty isit?

Its not pretty isit?

What the heck are you talking about?

You've talked about shooting people and made personal threats to me in this very thread.

You illustrate exactly what I am talking about.

None of your compatriots have chided you over either at all.

In fact one defended the shooting thing. :lol:

Its not pretty isit?

You've talked about shooting people and made personal threats to me in this very thread.

What? You mean someone behaved like you? Yea, I can see how that would be stupid. It's never wise to emulate stupid.

You've also accused me of wanting to put a bullet in your brain too.... a thought that had not entered my head - and still holds no appeal. So, basically, you make shit up and then get all outraged about it.

Reality - find it.

If thats true i should be banned poste haste

Butt, you slander once again, so lets see what the admin does.

what has been posted is public record.

And i will be copying everything fyi.

I know you guys have and will read into it what you want, and perhaps I'm doing the same, but I have a feeling that if we had a video of this it'd be plain to see the comment was meant as a joke.

could be wrong, doubt i am.

No, he was serious- It was his response to a question asked him from the crowd. The guy is the most ego centric; self absorbed; and arrogant president ever.

you're absolutely right. nobody has ever made a joke in response to a question from the crowd.

seriously - i'd be willing to bet the farm it was an attempt at humor, and unless someone has the video evidence to show otherwise, that's what i'm choosing to believe.

Obama faces off with the Tea Party. Lincoln faced off with the Confederacy.

Which adversary is the greater dynamo?

He claimed Words, pictures and comments were worse for him then Lincoln, what part of " you can not say the things they said back then" escapes you?

Further Lincoln eventually was KILLED by a Confederate sympathizer. Go ahead now and claim anyone will kill Obama.

Are you kidding?

Conservatives here would relish taking out Obama. They tried to take out Giffords..with a surrogate prompted by Palin.

All Conservatives know is anger and violence.

They love killing people.

You're out of your fucking mind

Forum List

Back