Obama just lost the election tonight

Obama just sounded like he was complaining, he didn't sound angry, he didn't sound strong. He just sounded like he was whining and complaining to the American public.

I don't like Boner or whatever the hell his name is, but his speech was better than Obama's, although both sucked. Neither of them appear to be any closer to a resolution and if Boner's plan actually passes the Senate, Obama should veto it immediately. It's time for a strong, decisive leader. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It's Pawlenty, not Polenta... LOL!

No, I don't find it strange. There's no way to win. Maybe Gingrich will do a McCain and suspend his campaign to work with members of Congress on the debt deal...

Oh, I remember when that clusterfuck idiot suspended his campaign. The righties on here had their panties in a wad. So hilarious.

Obama has put forth his idea. Raise taxes, cut spending. That's a perfect ingredient for a balanced budget.

Why is the only way to raise revenue imposing a tax on only a certain group of people ?
Do we need scapegoats ?

Because the rich aren't struggling to live and if we increase taxes on lower to middle class americans who are living paycheck to paycheck, they'll decrease spending. A 5% tax increase for people making over $1 million net isn't a big deal to them. A 5% tax increase on people making $40,000 is.

Tax reform not tax increases, Obama promised to reform the tax code were is his plan? Boy your like child falling for these talking points:eusa_eh:

On the contrary, I think he may have sewed it up. Boehner offered nothing but anecdotes about what he thought would happen. Mr. Obama layed out his position, his willingness to compromise, and his ideology which most Americans agree with by the way.

Obama just sounded like he was complaining, he didn't sound angry, he didn't sound strong. He just sounded like he was whining and complaining to the American public.

I don't like Boner or whatever the hell his name is, but his speech was better than Obama's, although both sucked. Neither of them appear to be any closer to a resolution and if Boner's plan actually passes the Senate, Obama should veto it immediately. It's time for a strong, decisive leader. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It's Pawlenty, not Polenta... LOL!

No, I don't find it strange. There's no way to win. Maybe Gingrich will do a McCain and suspend his campaign to work with members of Congress on the debt deal...

Oh, I remember when that clusterfuck idiot suspended his campaign. The righties on here had their panties in a wad. So hilarious.

I do. This would be the time to seize the gauntlet and put fourth your brilliant idea for fixing the problem...assuming they have one. Offer your "Pickens Plan", buy 3 minutes on Face the Nation, This Week, Meet the Press, or go Prime Time with 3 minutes on "Breaking Bad" or "The Bachelorette" (sp?) and seize the moment!

Obama has put forth his idea. Raise taxes, cut spending. That's a perfect ingredient for a balanced budget.

Why is the only way to raise revenue imposing a tax on only a certain group of people ?
Do we need scapegoats ?

Oh, it is not. You can pay a living wage to Americans and they will be able to pay more taxes and everybody will be happy.

Why the rich, SHYTTEHEAD? Maybe because the top 2% have DOUBLED their wealth, the top1% has QUADRUPLED theirs, under Voodoo- that's Neocon Reaganomics DUH- while everyone else has gone NOWHERE- GD dupes...but you DO have to dig through huge piles of Pubcrappe to find little bits of fact...

The political reality is that neither the House, nor the Senate will pass a bill that includes tax increases. Obama doesn’t have enough support -even in his own party- to pass any tax increases. The only thing they have to work with are spending cuts.

You saying he lost the election for 2012 because of tonight's speech...did you post this before or after he gave the speech?

Oh and who exactly will beat him in 2012?
anybody and i mean anybody that runs against the idiot!!hell he may be challenged for the democratic nomination.AND HE COULD LOOSE!!!!:razz:

Nancy and the Dems didn't take contol in 2007, ya a-hole. Bush vetoed everthing they passed, so they let him go- his last deficit was the biggest EVER- STILL- Americans are so easily misled. 63% are against raising the ceiling, health reform--until they look at it and think! But Obama's style will get him reelected if the pubs EVER stop this chaos of confidence...A-hole power hungry thieves...and their careless dupes (what a propaganda machine, and includes almost all the "liberal" corporate media too...in their cowardice).
they blocked Bush numerous times when he tried to get oversight on FANNY AND FREDDY.:cuckoo:

Please note: I used to be a Republican, then converted to a Democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama in 2008 and have largely defended his actions...

But tonight?

His speech was terrible. He delivered it terribly.

S&P has said that if Boehner's plan is passed, the credit rating of the country will be downgraded. Obama is in a lose-lose situation here and it looks like the Republicans are the only ones who are going to win.

The only thing left for Obama to do right now is let the country go into default and not extend the cap until Republicans increase revenues. Obama MUST stand firm on this. No short term deal. Let the country go into default in order to win this battle.

Unfortunately, we as middle class Americans, are stuck in the middle between the Liberals and the Conservatives and we're both going to have to pay for it.
If these idiot push the country into default, it will be the first time a nation not at war and capable of meeting it's obligations refused to meet them. If this happens, this country certainly deserves a D credit rating which stands for default or in this case dumb ass.

If immediate action were not taken by congress, stock and bond markets would drop sharply. The currency would tank, because there'll be no foreign demand for or trust in the currency. The value of our 15 trillion dollars in debt held by major corporations, banks, insurance companies, pension plans, and other countries would fall sharply. Naturally a recession of a magnitude that we have never seen would result. The light at the end of the tunnel would be a new third party in 2012.

Last edited:
You saying he lost the election for 2012 because of tonight's speech...did you post this before or after he gave the speech?

anybody and i mean anybody that runs against the idiot!!hell he may be challenged for the democratic nomination.AND HE COULD LOOSE!!!!:razz:

Yeah, I wish Hillary would run so Bill could balance the budget for us. But the right is scared to death of the wrath and power he could deliver as a pay back for impeachment.

Please note: I used to be a Republican, then converted to a Democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama in 2008 and have largely defended his actions...

But tonight?

His speech was terrible. He delivered it terribly.

S&P has said that if Boehner's plan is passed, the credit rating of the country will be downgraded. Obama is in a lose-lose situation here and it looks like the Republicans are the only ones who are going to win.

The only thing left for Obama to do right now is let the country go into default and not extend the cap until Republicans increase revenues. Obama MUST stand firm on this. No short term deal. Let the country go into default in order to win this battle.

Unfortunately, we as middle class Americans, are stuck in the middle between the Liberals and the Conservatives and we're both going to have to pay for it.
If these idiot push the country into default, it will be the first time a nation not at war and capable of meeting it's obligations refused to meet them. If this happens, this country certainly deserves a D credit rating which stands default or in this case dumb ass.

If immediate action were not taken by congress, stock and bond markets would drop sharply. The currency would tank, because there'll be no foreign demand for or trust in the currency. The value of our 15 trillion dollars in debt held by major corporations, banks, insurance companies, pension plans, and other countries would fall sharply. Naturally a recession of a magnitude that we have never seen would result. The light at the end of the tunnel would be a new third party in 2012.

Only a fool would run to clean up the current mess. Notice how the rightys disappeared.

Yeah, I wish Hillary would run so Bill could balance the budget for us. But the right is scared to death of the wrath and power he could deliver as a pay back for impeachment.
the republican congress balanced the budget during clintons term.the president was brought kicking and screaming to the table.and even if she won the nomination the left does not have anyone to take on RICK PERRY.....the left may never recover from the shit they pulled during this administration.......SPEED READING THE HEALTH CARE BILL IN THE HALLS OF CONGRESS ON NATIONAL TV......you pukes are done!!!:clap2:

How about we stop presuming the country is screwed either way and actually cut spending so the nation isn't screwed?

Because the spending cuts are over 10 years and unless $10 trillion in spending is cut, it won't make a significant difference in our debt and we'll be downgraded by S&P and Moody's.

Fuck S&P and Moody's. If America can be destroyed by these bean counters we ain't shit anyway.
They are not the problem. If the government defaults, what will happen will happen with or without them.

and just to add, Obama is a terrible speaker,he is so monotone, shows no emotion in what he reads off the telepromters(probably crap written by his staff of dunderheads) I already went thru 8 years of listening to Bush's speeches (at least when he fumbled, it was funny) and I have had to listen to the most boring monotone and fake speeches for the last three years,,,I just can't take it anymore,,,,god I miss Bill Clinton and Ronny Reagan.

Forum List

Back