Obama just lost the election tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DavidS, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Please note: I used to be a Republican, then converted to a Democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama in 2008 and have largely defended his actions...

But tonight?

His speech was terrible. He delivered it terribly.

S&P has said that if Boehner's plan is passed, the credit rating of the country will be downgraded. Obama is in a lose-lose situation here and it looks like the Republicans are the only ones who are going to win.

The only thing left for Obama to do right now is let the country go into default and not extend the cap until Republicans increase revenues. Obama MUST stand firm on this. No short term deal. Let the country go into default in order to win this battle.

Unfortunately, we as middle class Americans, are stuck in the middle between the Liberals and the Conservatives and we're both going to have to pay for it.

2. St.Blues

St.Blues BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Obama's pushing a higher ups agenda. He's never had a thought worth talking about.

Months and Months pass by and all of a sudden it has to be done at the last minute..
    This whole thing reeks of shit!

Politicians....:eusa_liar: and we buy into it.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I guess you'll be converting back to a Republican in 2012 and a Democrat in 2016. You're on a 4-year cycle. I bet I could make money off people like you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    You saying he lost the election for 2012 because of tonight's speech...did you post this before or after he gave the speech?

Oh and who exactly will beat him in 2012?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,525

So you fell for the production that was the Obama campaign? That doesn't say much for your judgment, and you still support the man even though he is clueless and in way over his head? Your emotional attachment is truly heartwarming. It seems you are more concerned about Obama then the country :eusa_whistle:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  6. St.Blues

St.Blues BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    At the rate and direction the country is going in, I'd have to guess any Communist.

7. St.Blues

St.Blues BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Try Islam... Maybe that will work for ya. You'll still fit in. The liberals love Muslims.

8. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,049
    On the contrary, I think he may have sewed it up. Boehner offered nothing but anecdotes about what he thought would happen. Mr. Obama layed out his position, his willingness to compromise, and his ideology which most Americans agree with by the way.

But on the subject of the election, do you find it strange that Romney, Polenta, Bachmann, Gingrich, and the others are nowhere to be seen right now?

I do. This would be the time to seize the gauntlet and put fourth your brilliant idea for fixing the problem...assuming they have one. Offer your "Pickens Plan", buy 3 minutes on Face the Nation, This Week, Meet the Press, or go Prime Time with 3 minutes on "Breaking Bad" or "The Bachelorette" (sp?) and seize the moment!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  9. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I have no intention of becoming a Republican again, but Obama's actions just look like and sound like he has no idea what the hell he's doing in there. He's not showing me leadership. A true leader would let this country go into default before signing a bad bill that will only worsen this country. If the bill will worsen the country and him not passing the bill will worsen the country, all he can do is not pass it and let the country go into default - or at least at 11:59 p.m. next Monday night close the door on any bill that doesn't have revenue increases.

If you cut spending and anticipate revenue decreases, you do not solve the debt problem! You're still going to increase the debt! You must cut spending AND increase income!

It doesn't matter who runs against Obama in 2012 - people will remember how the Republicans won this major battle and they're going to see a lack of leadership in the White House. I'm not saying this as a Republican or a Democrat - I'm saying this as an American. If my country is in a fiscal crisis, I need someone who has effective leadership. He reminds me of Governor David Patterson - he tried so hard to work with the NY State Legislature - but they wouldn't work with him. It had nothing to do with his political identity and everything to do with him not being an effective leader.

Mitt Romney HAS been a leader. He was a leader in business for decades. The problem with him is that he has a case of the John Kerry's... he's flip flopped on issues so the Republicans will vote for him. Right now, he's about the only 2012 candidate I can stomach.

10. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Look at the timestamp bud. Don't shoot the messenger. If Obama doesn't do a Bay of Pigs alla JFK and refuse to back down, then he's lost 2012. On the contrary, if he stands up to the Republicans, he'll have proved his leadership abilities and he can easily defeat anyone in 2012. Right now the Republicans are playing a game and Obama is buying into it, hook, line and sinker.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1