Obama just lost the election tonight

Please note: I used to be a Republican, then converted to a Democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama in 2008 and have largely defended his actions...

But tonight?

His speech was terrible. He delivered it terribly.

S&P has said that if Boehner's plan is passed, the credit rating of the country will be downgraded. Obama is in a lose-lose situation here and it looks like the Republicans are the only ones who are going to win.

The only thing left for Obama to do right now is let the country go into default and not extend the cap until Republicans increase revenues. Obama MUST stand firm on this. No short term deal. Let the country go into default in order to win this battle.

Unfortunately, we as middle class Americans, are stuck in the middle between the Liberals and the Conservatives and we're both going to have to pay for it.

On the contrary, I think he may have sewed it up. Boehner offered nothing but anecdotes about what he thought would happen. Mr. Obama layed out his position, his willingness to compromise, and his ideology which most Americans agree with by the way.

Obama just sounded like he was complaining, he didn't sound angry, he didn't sound strong. He just sounded like he was whining and complaining to the American public.

I don't like Boner or whatever the hell his name is, but his speech was better than Obama's, although both sucked. Neither of them appear to be any closer to a resolution and if Boner's plan actually passes the Senate, Obama should veto it immediately. It's time for a strong, decisive leader. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

But on the subject of the election, do you find it strange that Romney, Polenta, Bachmann, Gingrich, and the others are nowhere to be seen right now?

It's Pawlenty, not Polenta... LOL!

No, I don't find it strange. There's no way to win. Maybe Gingrich will do a McCain and suspend his campaign to work with members of Congress on the debt deal...

Oh, I remember when that clusterfuck idiot suspended his campaign. The righties on here had their panties in a wad. So hilarious.

I do. This would be the time to seize the gauntlet and put fourth your brilliant idea for fixing the problem...assuming they have one. Offer your "Pickens Plan", buy 3 minutes on Face the Nation, This Week, Meet the Press, or go Prime Time with 3 minutes on "Breaking Bad" or "The Bachelorette" (sp?) and seize the moment!

Obama has put forth his idea. Raise taxes, cut spending. That's a perfect ingredient for a balanced budget.

The country is screwed either way. Might as well be screwed with someone who has effectively shown leadership than screwed with a president who has no leadership abilities.

How about we stop presuming the country is screwed either way and actually cut spending so the nation isn't screwed?

Because the liberals insist that the 'rich' must be taxed more.
They may as well stick them all in prison and confiscate whatever they have.

The country is screwed either way. Might as well be screwed with someone who has effectively shown leadership than screwed with a president who has no leadership abilities.

How about we stop presuming the country is screwed either way and actually cut spending so the nation isn't screwed?

Because the spending cuts are over 10 years and unless $10 trillion in spending is cut, it won't make a significant difference in our debt and we'll be downgraded by S&P and Moody's.

Because the liberals insist that the 'rich' must be taxed more.
They may as well stick them all in prison and confiscate whatever they have.

The rich SHOULD be taxed more.

I can agree on a couple things you said.

It was a terrible Speech, and Obama Clearly does not have a fucking clue what he is doing. He is lost when it comes to economics, and to fucking arrogant to take good advice. His speech tonight was nothing but a shameless campaign stump speech.

However I have 0 Faith in the idea that he lost the Election tonight. My assessment is that the power of the Liberal Media, Obama's Billion Dollars to spend, and Americans seeming disconnect between How they feel about Obama's Polices, and how they feel about him. Mean Obama will still likely win, and we will get to see how much more Damage he can do in 4 More Years.

By 2016 it wont matter who you vote for Because There will be no recovering. America will be well on it's way of going the same way as every other major Empire in History. If you get down to the Nitty Gritty they all fell because of Debt.

Hell I am not even confident we can recover if we get him out this time Around. I think We fucked. Personally I have started getting prepared for the inevitable Collapse as best I can.

Don't forget to store the green beans and cookie dough.

Please note: I used to be a Republican, then converted to a Democrat in 2008. I voted for Obama in 2008 and have largely defended his actions...

But tonight?

S&P has said that if Boehner's plan is passed, the credit rating of the country will be downgraded. Obama is in a lose-lose situation here and it looks like the Republicans are the only ones who are going to win.

The only thing left for Obama to do right now is let the country go into default and not extend the cap until Republicans increase revenues. Obama MUST stand firm on this. No short term deal. Let the country go into default in order to win this battle.

Unfortunately, we as middle class Americans, are stuck in the middle between the Liberals and the Conservatives and we're both going to have to pay for it.

On the contrary, I think he may have sewed it up. Boehner offered nothing but anecdotes about what he thought would happen. Mr. Obama layed out his position, his willingness to compromise, and his ideology which most Americans agree with by the way.

Obama just sounded like he was complaining, he didn't sound angry, he didn't sound strong. He just sounded like he was whining and complaining to the American public.

I don't like Boner or whatever the hell his name is, but his speech was better than Obama's, although both sucked. Neither of them appear to be any closer to a resolution and if Boner's plan actually passes the Senate, Obama should veto it immediately. It's time for a strong, decisive leader. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

But on the subject of the election, do you find it strange that Romney, Polenta, Bachmann, Gingrich, and the others are nowhere to be seen right now?

No, I don't find it strange. There's no way to win. Maybe Gingrich will do a McCain and suspend his campaign to work with members of Congress on the debt deal...

Oh, I remember when that clusterfuck idiot suspended his campaign. The righties on here had their panties in a wad. So hilarious.

I do. This would be the time to seize the gauntlet and put fourth your brilliant idea for fixing the problem...assuming they have one. Offer your "Pickens Plan", buy 3 minutes on Face the Nation, This Week, Meet the Press, or go Prime Time with 3 minutes on "Breaking Bad" or "The Bachelorette" (sp?) and seize the moment!

Obama has put forth his idea. Raise taxes, cut spending. That's a perfect ingredient for a balanced budget.

Why is the only way to raise revenue imposing a tax on only a certain group of people ?
Do we need scapegoats ?

Because the spending cuts are over 10 years and unless $10 trillion in spending is cut, it won't make a significant difference in our debt and we'll be downgraded by S&P and Moody's.

Fuck S&P and Moody's. If America can be destroyed by these bean counters we ain't shit anyway.

Last edited:
I guess you'll be converting back to a Republican in 2012 and a Democrat in 2016. You're on a 4-year cycle. I bet I could make money off people like you.

I have no intention of becoming a Republican again, but Obama's actions just look like and sound like he has no idea what the hell he's doing in there. He's not showing me leadership. A true leader would let this country go into default before signing a bad bill that will only worsen this country. If the bill will worsen the country and him not passing the bill will worsen the country, all he can do is not pass it and let the country go into default - or at least at 11:59 p.m. next Monday night close the door on any bill that doesn't have revenue increases.

If you cut spending and anticipate revenue decreases, you do not solve the debt problem! You're still going to increase the debt! You must cut spending AND increase income!

It doesn't matter who runs against Obama in 2012 - people will remember how the Republicans won this major battle and they're going to see a lack of leadership in the White House. I'm not saying this as a Republican or a Democrat - I'm saying this as an American. If my country is in a fiscal crisis, I need someone who has effective leadership. He reminds me of Governor David Patterson - he tried so hard to work with the NY State Legislature - but they wouldn't work with him. It had nothing to do with his political identity and everything to do with him not being an effective leader.

Mitt Romney HAS been a leader. He was a leader in business for decades. The problem with him is that he has a case of the John Kerry's... he's flip flopped on issues so the Republicans will vote for him. Right now, he's about the only 2012 candidate I can stomach.

It's pretty sad that you would be fooled by an idiot like Obama. I guess you're finally growing up. Welcome to the real world.

But tonight?

Uhhh...I don't think vetoing just to slap someone is not smart. I thought John introducing himself was a bit silly; he didn't say he owned a bar...it probably would have been better. He said he "had news for Washington" as if he hasn't been there forever himself. Late Night Comedians? He said the President changed his minds but then came back and said "The President has often said..." Odd stuff. "The bigger the government, the smaller the people"....anecdote...goes nowhere.

I disagree...you can win big if you come up with the plan. It leads me to believe that none of these morons running for the GOP nomination have a plan. Otherwise, they'd be there.

I totally agree. I wish he'd come up with something that would unite the Country though. He has a poetry to him where he could do a much better job than this but say something like, "One month's of taxes of X dollars taken from your paycheck" to pay off the debt and break the stalemate.

Bad Idea whose time has come perhaps.

If Obama is willing to destroy himself any poltician would be insane to do anything to distract from the performance.

This is one of my favorites... I'll bet you DavidS was tearing up when he heard this speech.:(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto]‪Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

He's going to have a very difficult time winning office again regardless of the outcome of the debt ceiling issue. His main problem is that he has a record now....and it stinks. Also, the children that voted for him last time won't be able to afford the bus fare to get to the polls....

Not a leader? So it's Obama's fault that not a single Pub will compromise OR vote for anything, even their own ideas if the Dems offer them, only election ploys with no chance? Fegging morons- and no media will say that- fegging cowards...Cronkite is spinning....

Why is the only way to raise revenue imposing a tax on only a certain group of people ?
Do we need scapegoats ?

Because the rich aren't struggling to live and if we increase taxes on lower to middle class americans who are living paycheck to paycheck, they'll decrease spending. A 5% tax increase for people making over $1 million net isn't a big deal to them. A 5% tax increase on people making $40,000 is.

Nancy and the Dems didn't take contol in 2007, ya a-hole. Bush vetoed everthing they passed, so they let him go- his last deficit was the biggest EVER- STILL- Americans are so easily misled. 63% are against raising the ceiling, health reform--until they look at it and think! But Obama's style will get him reelected if the pubs EVER stop this chaos of confidence...A-hole power hungry thieves...and their careless dupes (what a propaganda machine, and includes almost all the "liberal" corporate media too...in their cowardice).

Forum List

Back