Obama is wrong. You can catch Ebola by sitting next to someone.

122gmwz.png

So? Cough into your sleeve like a responsible citizen then.

sleeve_sneeze1.jpg

sleeve_sneeze2.jpg

That's 100% effective right?????? Something like Duck Tape your windows in case of a GAS ATTACK?

More likely to die from some complication due to freaking out about this stuff than the stuff itself. Like dashing away from someone you think is sick and right out in front of an oncoming bus. :) If it was so easy to catch, everyone over in Africa would be dead. They aren't, because it's not that easily caught.

There may be a simple reason why a disease which is easily spread has not resulted in the death of all Africans. There was a time when Ebola cases were rare. However, there have been more cases of Ebola this year than in all previous outbreaks since 1976 combined. According to one of many reputable sources the present outbreak resulted in 8,000 cases in October; another 20,000 people are expected to be infected in November and by January a total of 1.4 million may be infected. The prognosis is rather scary:

“No matter the precise figure, all these models assume the growth in cases will continue to rise for some time. We're nine months into an exponential growth process," says infectious disease modeler David Fisman. "This is an impossibly huge epidemic, and it's been allowed to reach a point where it's basically the biggest infectious-disease forest fire one could imagine.”

Ebola has infected 8 000 people and could infect 1.4 million by January - 18 things you need to know about Ebola - Vox

It is far worse now than it's ever been and it could be because the virus has mutated. Such mutations are known to be very common.

There are two facts: (1) There are a lot of people in Africa who have not been infected at this time (as you pointed out); and (2) The disease is easily transmitted (as I pointed out) and appears to be spreading exponentially.

Edited to add: The disease is progressing at an alarming rate. If no cure is found and it merely doubled every month, within a year over 1 billion people will be infected. Those who trivialize Ebola don't have a clue.

the number of cases is doubling every 15 days

If true, its not President Obama who is saying it.

The number of cases in the US is not doubling every 15 days.

Since you've done so much research into epidemiology, have you found a single eminent epidemiologist who suggests strict travel quarantines to deal with the ebola threat?

Considering the recent news and the consequences of one becoming infected with Ebola,Doc - how much research and verification do you believe one must obtain in order to draw a logical conclusion that strict travel quarantines should be enforced immediately?

Well, I'd like a single person who actually knows what they're talking about - someone who studies disease vectors and transmission professionally - to offer an opinion on it.

Rather than just the hysterical, fear-mongering rants about it that I've seen so far.

You (and everyone else posting their hysterics) don't have anywhere near enough understanding of it to have the ability to come to any "logical" conclusions about it. The givens required are simply not at your disposal.

In other words, you are going to stay in denial as long as possible. Listen up, Doc. I'm not into hysterics but neither am I in denial. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going. We should not be allowing any air travel with these nations reporting Ebola Plague and we most definitely should not be sending in 3,000 of our own US Soldiers as if it were an enemy combatant that our soldiers are going to do warfare with. This latest story of sending 3,000 US Soldiers into the Ebola afflicted nation is utterly ridiculous. Please convey my thoughts to "Lonelaugher" and tell him I'm not laughing. Good night.

Again, I'm going to go with the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about, rather than hysterical posters on a message board.

Do you take medical advice from your plumber? How about financial advice from a hobo on the street?
You're taking advise from president Obola, better get you will and healthcare proxy up to date

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Since you've done so much research into epidemiology, have you found a single eminent epidemiologist who suggests strict travel quarantines to deal with the ebola threat?

Considering the recent news and the consequences of one becoming infected with Ebola,Doc - how much research and verification do you believe one must obtain in order to draw a logical conclusion that strict travel quarantines should be enforced immediately?

Well, I'd like a single person who actually knows what they're talking about - someone who studies disease vectors and transmission professionally - to offer an opinion on it.

Rather than just the hysterical, fear-mongering rants about it that I've seen so far.

You (and everyone else posting their hysterics) don't have anywhere near enough understanding of it to have the ability to come to any "logical" conclusions about it. The givens required are simply not at your disposal.

In other words, you are going to stay in denial as long as possible. Listen up, Doc. I'm not into hysterics but neither am I in denial. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going. We should not be allowing any air travel with these nations reporting Ebola Plague and we most definitely should not be sending in 3,000 of our own US Soldiers as if it were an enemy combatant that our soldiers are going to do warfare with. This latest story of sending 3,000 US Soldiers into the Ebola afflicted nation is utterly ridiculous. Please convey my thoughts to "Lonelaugher" and tell him I'm not laughing. Good night.

Again, I'm going to go with the advice of people who actually know what they're talking about, rather than hysterical posters on a message board.

Do you take medical advice from your plumber? How about financial advice from a hobo on the street?
You're taking advise from president Obola?

You gonna sit on a bus next to someone with Ebola?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

We urge anyone with Ebola to go on a White House tour

You've brought up an interesting point, Frank. This is not something that could be isolated or contained to a single segment of society. This is an invisible enemy - and isn't likely to be detected until it is too late - it could just as easily effect the movie star dining at Mr. Chow's restaurant as it could effect the young family at taco bell dining out - with that in mind - the people should really get a grasp on what Psalm 91 affords those who abide in the LORD. Truly this is a time for people to wake up and realize there is great protection for those who trust in the LORD and abide in Him!

We urge anyone with Ebola to go on a White House tour

You've brought up an interesting point, Frank. This is not something that could be isolated or contained to a single segment of society. This is an invisible enemy - and isn't likely to be detected until it is too late - it could just as easily effect the movie star dining at Mr. Chow's restaurant as it could effect the young family at taco bell dining out - with that in mind - the people should really get a grasp on what Psalm 91 affords those who abide in the LORD. Truly this is a time for people to wake up and realize there is great protection for those who trust in the LORD and abide in Him!
He hasn't done anything for those stricken.

WHO Chief: Ebola Outbreak 'Most Severe Health Emergency in Modern Times'

For those of you who think that Ebola is nothing to worry about, I want you to know that the Head of the World Health Organization disagrees with you:

“The Ebola outbreak is the most severe acute health emergency in modern times," the head of the World Health Organization warned Monday.

The agency's director-general Margaret Chan said the epidemic had proved "the world is ill-prepared to respond to any severe, sustained, and threatening public health emergency".

New cases of Ebola are now "rising exponentially" in the three hardest-hit countries, Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone,"

In a statement to a regional health conference in the Philippine capital Manila, she said: "I have never seen a health event threaten the very survival of societies and governments in already very poor countries.

"I have never seen an infectious disease contribute so strongly to potential state failure."

Chan urged East Asian and Pacific countries to strengthen defences against the Ebola outbreak, warning that the whole world may be at risk.

More at the following link:

WHO Tells East Asia Pacific to Bolster Ebola Defences

Southcom Commander Warns of Potential Ebola-Driven 'Mass Migration' from South of Border

October 13, 2014 - 11:08 AM

(CNSNews.com) –Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, commander of the U.S. Southern Command, predicted last week that the Ebola virus will not be contained in West Africa, and if infected people flee those countries and spread the disease to Central and South America, it could cause “mass migration into the United States” of those seeking treatment.

“If it breaks out, it’s literally, ‘Katie bar the door,’ and there will be mass migration into the United States,” Kelly said in remarks to the National Defense University on Tuesday. “They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment.

Southcom Commander Warns of Potential Ebola-Driven Mass Migration from South of Border CNS News

To tell you the truth, I hesitated to post the above information because I knew that everyone of average intelligence should have been able to predict the same thing the general did. Then I remembered all the posts that attempted to pooh-pooh the threat of Ebola and realized that not everyone is of average intelligence.

Bottom line, folks: If there is an epidemic – and it appears there is one - unless a cure is found, Ebola is coming to the USA and I'm talking about a lot more than just a few cases. Gee, who would have thought that open borders would have created such a dire prospect?

If true, its not President Obama who is saying it.

The number of cases in the US is not doubling every 15 days.

who said anything about United States

The numbers are still in the thousands, but look at how quickly they’re growing. The CDC estimates the number of cases is doubling every 15-20 days In Liberia and every 30-40 days in Sierra Leone. The World Health Organization, which released a separate analysis the same day the CDC projections came out, estimated doubling times were 24 days in Liberia and every 30 days in Sierra Leone.

The Ebola numbers The Berkeley Blog

Ebola death rate rises to 70 percent, says world health body
The Hill

By Elise Viebeck - 10/14/14 09:22 AM EDT

“Global health officials said Tuesday that the death rate in the Ebola epidemic has risen to 70 percent, up from 50 percent.

“The World Health Organization (WHO) made the announcement at a news conference in Geneva, where officials said there could be up to 10,000 new cases of the virus every week within two months.

“A total of 4,447 people have died from Ebola this year, the WHO said, while 8,914 have been sickened. Experts believe the real number of Ebola victims is much bigger than the official figures due to difficulties in reporting the cases.”

Ebola death rate rises to 70 percent says world health body TheHill

So? Cough into your sleeve like a responsible citizen then.

sleeve_sneeze1.jpg

sleeve_sneeze2.jpg

That's 100% effective right?????? Something like Duck Tape your windows in case of a GAS ATTACK?
Ah yes...we remember the RW recommendations of DUCT tape and plastic. :rofl:

we aren't talking about right wings or recommendations or duct tape or plastic or gas or any other figments of your imagination, though. deflection doesn't work here.

Sneezing and coughing are not symptoms of Ebola.

Theoretically, wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus – over a short distance – to another nearby person.

This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing (which does not mean airborne transmission) onto the mucus membranes or skin with cuts or abrasions of another person.

WHO What we know about transmission of the Ebola virus among humans

Forum List

Back