Obama IS the savior!

Just out of morbid curiousity.. With the level of poverty in the world now, and the level of handouts needed to keep them warm and fed, if we're going to go on a kick to save the lives of billions more people, how exactly are we going to support them? Where are they going to live? How are they going to live? There aren't enough jobs for people now - is Obama just going to pull more jobs out of his ass? More handouts?

We don't HAVE billions. What is it about being broke that you don't get ?

If we have $600 billion to fund the Iraq War, and $850 billion for pork barrel spending and bailing out greedy wall st. tycoons, we have billions to fund research of diseases through embryonic stem cell research.

This country, for being $10 trillion in debt, doesn't seem to be going broke. We're paying for the creation of a missile defense system in Poland against a country that can barely fire a rocket a few hundred miles. Believe me, there are areas of our budget that we can cut.

and how many could be helped if they used adult stem cells

Unknown. Let's fund that too. Let's fund all stem cell research and find out which works best. But to be opposed to embryonic stem cell research because you'd rather the fetuses be discarded down the drain and into sewers instead of having scientific research done is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Yes, it would be nice if the number of abortions went down in the US, but it's never going to go down to zero. Federal funding embryonic stem cell research isn't going to increase the number of abortions. Keeping the funding down to zero won't decrease it either.

What is more moral? Using the aborted fetus for scientific research that could potentially save millions of lives or carelessly discarding it down the drain into our sewer systems?

Having a ban on abortion alltogether is out of the question. It's like a little a kid in a candy store pouting because she isn't getting what she wants. Abortion has been legal in this country for 30something years and will continue to be legal in this country because more people support a candidate who favors reproductive rights for women than a candidate who wants a federal amendment to ban abortion.

I say to you, social conservatives: Get over it. It's not happening. Abortion will be legal in this country for as long as this country survives. Bush and Reagan were your only chances for that to ever be overturned. Your fight is over. You've lost the war. If you have a problem with that, move to another country that bans abortion... like Iran.

the fight to protect the rights of the unborn is far from over and I would rather see these murder victims go down the sewers.. than to be used as a commercial product in the form of stem cells and collegian...so I take you are just a Zionist with no spiritual beliefs in Judaism ?

Just out of morbid curiousity.. With the level of poverty in the world now, and the level of handouts needed to keep them warm and fed, if we're going to go on a kick to save the lives of billions more people, how exactly are we going to support them? Where are they going to live? How are they going to live? There aren't enough jobs for people now - is Obama just going to pull more jobs out of his ass? More handouts?

good question..do you really want the answer ?

ENDGAME- ALEX JONES - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

If we have $600 billion to fund the Iraq War, and $850 billion for pork barrel spending and bailing out greedy wall st. tycoons, we have billions to fund research of diseases through embryonic stem cell research.

This country, for being $10 trillion in debt, doesn't seem to be going broke. We're paying for the creation of a missile defense system in Poland against a country that can barely fire a rocket a few hundred miles. Believe me, there are areas of our budget that we can cut.

Get the cutting done first and get back to us about the handouts.

Unknown. Let's fund that too. Let's fund all stem cell research and find out which works best. But to be opposed to embryonic stem cell research because you'd rather the fetuses be discarded down the drain and into sewers instead of having scientific research done is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Yes, it would be nice if the number of abortions went down in the US, but it's never going to go down to zero. Federal funding embryonic stem cell research isn't going to increase the number of abortions. Keeping the funding down to zero won't decrease it either.

I worry to an extent about women being talked into abortions they don't really want, but I have to put my trust in doctors to do the right thing and for the proper monitoring and safety checks to be in place.

I agree with your post above.

the fight to protect the rights of the unborn is far from over and I would rather see these murder victims go down the sewers.. than to be used as a commercial product in the form of stem cells and collegian...so I take you are just a Zionist with no spiritual beliefs in Judaism ?

The rights of the unborn? Social conservatism would rather believe in the rights of the unborn, who are not able to function or survive outside the womb than believe in rights of people who might or might not be terrorists? Social conservatism would rather believe in the rights of the unborn than the rights of mentally disabled people who commit crime? Social conservatives would hold the rights of the unborn over the rights of the already born women who do not wish to continue the pregnancy? So, let me get this straight:

If you're unborn you have rights.
Once you are born, you have no rights.

Yep, that's social conservatism for you.

Judaism believes in the protection of life, yes. Talk to any Rabbi out there; there are a littany of services and traditions and rituals a pregnant mother must go through. If she, for any for reason does not wish to continue the pregnancy, it is her body, it is her life. Then we must look at the fetus, what are we to do with it? If a fetus is already going to die, it would be a mitzvah for the parents to allow research be done to save other lives. Judaism does not believe the soul enters the body until birth - whenever that is.

Social conservatism is about as ancient as when doctors believed sickness and disease was caused by evil spirits and when people thought the weather was caused by God's anger at us.

Get the cutting done first and get back to us about the handouts.

Great idea - in the meantime, we'll just let infrastructure fail, people keep dying of diseases we can cure, the economy go into the tank, and the entire country collapse around us.

You know, I don't know why you never ran for President. You sound about just as intelligent as Bush or Palin.

I worry to an extent about women being talked into abortions they don't really want, but I have to put my trust in doctors to do the right thing and for the proper monitoring and safety checks to be in place.

I agree with your post above.

I highly doubt a woman would get pregnant, want the baby and then all of a sudden be talked into giving the baby up just for scientific research. Perhaps one day abortion can be a rare procedure done because women aren't out there getting pregnant and having abortions all the time... I assume the male birth control pill will help curb unwanted pregnancies.

Oh wait, social conservatives are against birth control. Can someone shove a microchip up Pat Robertson's ass and tell him to get with the 21st century?

Great idea - in the meantime, we'll just let infrastructure fail, people keep dying of diseases we can cure, the economy go into the tank, and the entire country collapse around us.

You know, I don't know why you never ran for President. You sound about just as intelligent as Bush or Palin.

The country is collapsing and you think stem cell research should be a priority ? Sorry-- I don't see it. Why are Obamas advisors suggesting we continue this insane method of extracting ourselves from trouble ?

The rights of the unborn? Social conservatism would rather believe in the rights of the unborn, who are not able to function or survive outside the womb than believe in rights of people who might or might not be terrorists? Social conservatism would rather believe in the rights of the unborn than the rights of mentally disabled people who commit crime? Social conservatives would hold the rights of the unborn over the rights of the already born women who do not wish to continue the pregnancy? So, let me get this straight:

If you're unborn you have rights.
Once you are born, you have no rights.

Yep, that's social conservatism for you.

Judaism believes in the protection of life, yes. Talk to any Rabbi out there; there are a littany of services and traditions and rituals a pregnant mother must go through. If she, for any for reason does not wish to continue the pregnancy, it is her body, it is her life. Then we must look at the fetus, what are we to do with it? If a fetus is already going to die, it would be a mitzvah for the parents to allow research be done to save other lives. Judaism does not believe the soul enters the body until birth - whenever that is.

Social conservatism is about as ancient as when doctors believed sickness and disease was caused by evil spirits and when people thought the weather was caused by God's anger at us.

IN GENERAL MOST ORTHDOX JEWS DO NOT SUPPORT ABORTION
and the selfish desires of the already born humans are superceded by the unborn's right to life..

IN GENERAL MOST ORTHDOX JEWS DO NOT SUPPORT ABORTION

I don't know if you've ever met an Orthodox Jew before, but they don't support much of anything. They pick and choose just as much as I do - only they're judgmental about what I pick and choose.

It's typical that the a social conservative would support a religious conservative. Conservatism is, in effect, conserving, not changing, staying the same. If conservatives ran the world, we wouldn't have the electricity today. Why do we need electricity they'd say, we have wood that we can chop and burn. Why do we need medicine they'd say? We're just going to die anyway. Conservatives also would support slavery, be against civil rights and de-segretation and of course, evolving as a society. Again I say no wonder they have things in common with the Orthodox Jews.

Oh by the way, the Orhodox Jews believe Jesus was a phony. Notice you didn't pick that out of the basket of Orthodox Jewish beliefs. Just wanted to point that out to you... just in case you forgot it.

I highly doubt a woman would get pregnant, want the baby and then all of a sudden be talked into giving the baby up just for scientific research. Perhaps one day abortion can be a rare procedure done because women aren't out there getting pregnant and having abortions all the time... I assume the male birth control pill will help curb unwanted pregnancies.

Oh wait, social conservatives are against birth control. Can someone shove a microchip up Pat Robertson's ass and tell him to get with the 21st century?

You are doing a disservice to your argument by being a twat about it.

The country is collapsing and you think stem cell research should be a priority? Sorry-- I don't see it. Why are Obamas advisors suggesting we continue this insane method of extracting ourselves from trouble ?

We're talking about two different things here. You're talking about the economy collapsing and being against handouts. You would rather let companies fail, have millions of people out of work, unemployment numbers in the double digits, then give companies money to survive. Basically, you'd want another Great Depression. Not even Bush agrees with you, so I think that argument along with fiscal conservatism has died.

Now, I want to take you back to New York City during the 1970s. Cover of the Daily News when we asked for money from the government. FORD TO CITY: DROP DEAD (also for nostalgia lovers like myself, notice the sub-head where it talks about stocks skidding by going down a mere 12 points? kinda hilarious)

Ford_to_City.PNG

Anyway, the city had no money. We had deferred maintenance on bridges, tunnels, subways, cut the number of police officers and fire stations, and basically let New York City turn into a horrible piece of crap. We thought we could save money by not spending and money. Subways kept breaking down, they were at the epicenter of crimes, bridges were in terrible shape and we are STILL, to this day, paying for that financially.

We are still doing reconstruction of our bridges and tunnels that have taken us more than 30 years to repair, we are still building the second avenue subway, we have to now tear down a bridge over the Hudson River to make room for a new bridge because that old bridge wasn't given proper maintenance during the 70s...

And people back in the 70s said the same thing that you're saying today. "Why should we spend money when we don't have any money to spend?"

Because in the long run it will save us money. It will save us money in the long run for health care expenses, it will raise the standard of living, it will create jobs and it will help the economy by creating new jobs and by raising the standard of living and by lowering health care costs. We cannot be so blind as to only think about the here and now, we MUST think about our future.

You are doing a disservice to your argument by being a twat about it.

Not at all. You have a personal connection to a social conservative. I do not. You have personal feelings about it. So do I. By insulting social conservatism, I am insulting your wife.

Take a pill called reality check and call me in the morning. I'm insulting ALL social conservatives - not just your wife! Social conservatism is a plague upon humanity that we must rid ourselves of. It is a restraint on progress when one is not needed. Right now, as we speak, Bush is singing new executive orders into law that Obama might not be able to undo that will allow for mining of the Grand Canyon. Do you like the view from there now? Just wait to see what it'll look like with mining equipment for oil in a couple of years.

We've had the technology, the ability, but not the money to do extensive research of embryonic stem cell. How many people have died because of this? I'm willing to bet that more people have died since the beginning of Bush's second term from diseases that can be cured from stem cells than baby's have been aborted during the same time. How's that you neanderthalic pro-lifers? You're killing more than you're "trying" to save!

Last edited:
I don't know if you've ever met an Orthodox Jew before, but they don't support much of anything. They pick and choose just as much as I do - only they're judgmental about what I pick and choose.

It's typical that the a social conservative would support a religious conservative. Conservatism is, in effect, conserving, not changing, staying the same. If conservatives ran the world, we wouldn't have the electricity today. Why do we need electricity they'd say, we have wood that we can chop and burn. Why do we need medicine they'd say? We're just going to die anyway. Conservatives also would support slavery, be against civil rights and de-segretation and of course, evolving as a society. Again I say no wonder they have things in common with the Orthodox Jews.

Oh by the way, the Orhodox Jews believe Jesus was a phony. Notice you didn't pick that out of the basket of Orthodox Jewish beliefs. Just wanted to point that out to you... just in case you forgot it.

well of course I understand the Judaism does not recognize Christ..that's ok .....as long as they support the sanctity of human life..and your crazy little fantasy story's about electricity ect are ludicrous...the irony of it all is if not for these conservatives ..your beloved Israel would have be blown off the map

well of course I understand the Judaism does not recognize Christ..that's ok .....as long as they support the sanctity of human life..and your crazy little fantasy story's about electricity ect are ludicrous...the irony of it all is if not for these conservatives ..your beloved Israel would have be blown off the map
actually, i dont think he givesa a rats ass about Israel

Oh yeah, 'cause FDR and Truman were big neocons. Who was it that condemned Israel's raid on Iraq nuclear reactor in 1981? Ronald Reagan.

Forum List

Back